As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good Firefox bookmark Sync app/addon

StormwatcherStormwatcher BleghBlughRegistered User regular
So i wanna keep my bookmarks synced from my main box to my netbook (lil' Tyrion Lannister).

Chrome runs like shit on the netbook, Opera is a silly goose (how hard it is to let me ctrl+click to open links in a new tab???).

I also love Firefox anyway. But there are way too many sync addons and apps and sites. What would be a good one? I'd rather have an addon than a site service.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
camo_sig2.png
Stormwatcher on

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So i wanna keep my bookmarks synced from my main box to my netbook (lil' Tyrion Lannister).

Chrome runs like shit on the netbook, Opera is a silly goose (how hard it is to let me ctrl+click to open links in a new tab???).

I also love Firefox anyway. But there are way too many sync addons and apps and sites. What would be a good one? I'd rather have an addon than a site service.

i've been using Xmarks, and it works fantastically.

your bookmarks are still stored on their remote servers, unfortunately...but it is an addon all the same.

i believe you can set up your own Xmarks server to store your bookmarks, but it appears to be a pain in the ass to do.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    +1 for Xmarks. It has cross-browser support, too.

For keeping extensions synched between computers, I use FEBE. It's relatively simple, and does the job fairly well. Create a backup of everything from your 'main' FF browser, then on the new one install FEBE and import your backed up stuff.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh, really cool. I create backup with FEBE? Or is it native to FF?

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think the best sync apps are those that use an account on a server. It's really not that bad to do. You can have it remember your password after the initial setup then it just works.

I've been using Delicious Bookmarks. If you're annoyed by all the stuff it adds to the browser, remember you can disable all of it.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh, really cool. I create backup with FEBE? Or is it native to FF?

It's a FF-only extension.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, Xmark seems good so far, and I got FEBE working. Thanks guys!

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png