Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Acrimony 101

1545557596062

Posts

  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Do you hear Rick Perry listening to Ann Richards??

    NO!

    Because he is alive and he is a trailblazer!

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So there is a guy who I am friended to on FaceBook. We went to elementary, middle, and highschool together and generally I think he is a really kind dude. He would give you the shirt off of your back if you needed it.

    Thing is he is a die-hard Glenn Beck supporter. He believes every word that guy says. And every time I make even a political joke, he wants to start a huge argument.

    And I've found that the more he tries to argue with me the more I start arguing like teefs. I've even started using ironic exclamation points.

    sig2.jpg
  • epburnepburn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NYTimes released some of the sample history questions under the new curriculum:

    George Washington:
    a) Will kick you apart
    b) Invented cocaine
    c) Had, like, 30 goddamn dicks
    d) All of the above

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    So there is a guy who I am friended to on FaceBook. We went to elementary, middle, and highschool together and generally I think he is a really kind dude. He would give you the shirt off of your back if you needed it.

    Thing is he is a die-hard Glenn Beck supporter. He believes every word that guy says. And every time I make even a political joke, he wants to start a huge argument.

    And I've found that the more he tries to argue with me the more I start arguing like teefs. I've even started using ironic exclamation points.

    I have a few friends like that and I got tired of all the political bullshit so I started insinuating that they were child molesters.

    PIZTDhW.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino omfg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    So there is a guy who I am friended to on FaceBook. We went to elementary, middle, and highschool together and generally I think he is a really kind dude. He would give you the shirt off of your back if you needed it.

    Thing is he is a die-hard Glenn Beck supporter. He believes every word that guy says. And every time I make even a political joke, he wants to start a huge argument.

    And I've found that the more he tries to argue with me the more I start arguing like teefs. I've even started using ironic exclamation points.

    I have a few friends like that and I got tired of all the political bullshit so I started insinuating that they were child molesters.

    the politicians, or your friends?

    and FirmSkater, just use the "we know Glenn Beck really didn't rape those kids in Cambodia, but why hasn't he come out with a straight denial?" trick.

    ffNewSig.png
    twitter | steam | 3ds: 4227 1731 4009 | HELLO THERE, SATAN!
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    epburn wrote: »
    NYTimes released some of the sample history questions under the new curriculum:

    George Washington:
    a) Will kick you apart
    b) Invented cocaine
    c) Had, like, 30 goddamn dicks
    d) All of the above

    Pick the best answer that describes Juan Seguin:
    a) Was Tejano
    b) Supported Texas Indepedence
    c) Fought at San Jacinto
    d) Was a "dirty wetback traitor" who fought against Texas & Mexico after fleeing to Mexico after being run out of office.

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • epburnepburn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    epburn wrote: »
    NYTimes released some of the sample history questions under the new curriculum:

    George Washington:
    a) Will kick you apart
    b) Invented cocaine
    c) Had, like, 30 goddamn dicks
    d) All of the above

    Pick the best answer that describes Juan Seguin:
    a) Was Tejano
    b) Supported Texas Indepedence
    c) Fought at San Jacinto
    d) Was a "dirty wetback traitor" who fought against Texas & Mexico after fleeing to Mexico after being run out of office.

    Thomas Jefferson:

    a) drafted the Declaration of Independence
    b) became a lifelong friend of Paul Giamatti
    c) advocated a republic of educated farmers
    d) wrote a letter to George Washington in which he was totally kidding

  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    epburn wrote: »
    epburn wrote: »
    NYTimes released some of the sample history questions under the new curriculum:

    George Washington:
    a) Will kick you apart
    b) Invented cocaine
    c) Had, like, 30 goddamn dicks
    d) All of the above

    Pick the best answer that describes Juan Seguin:
    a) Was Tejano
    b) Supported Texas Indepedence
    c) Fought at San Jacinto
    d) Was a "dirty wetback traitor" who fought against Texas & Mexico after fleeing to Mexico after being run out of office.

    Thomas Jefferson:

    a) drafted the Declaration of Independence
    b) became a lifelong friend of Paul Giamatti
    c) advocated a republic of educated farmers
    d) wrote a letter to George Washington in which he was totally kidding

    The quote seen here is best attributed to:
    I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours & have not lost a man. The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken—I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat.

    a) George W. Bush
    b) Willie Nelson
    c) Tom Landry
    d) William Barret Travis.
    e) Walker Texas Ranger

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, saw this on Fark this afternoon but I finally got around to clicking on it...jesus christ

    http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/03/12/army-suicides-grow-but-this-soldier-was-saved/

  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    I was at a lecture being given by a visiting professor and it was kind of a historical seminar about Turing and Wittgenstein and Godel and their various different interpretations of each others' work.

    At one point the woman giving the lecture says "well, we know that Turing and Wittgenstein spent a lot of time together during the summer of 1937, walking in the Botanical Gardens in Cambridge, and it seems unlikely that they just enjoyed each others' company".

    Actually it seems pretty likely that they enjoyed each others' company if you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge.

    you talking about engaging in meaningful dialog?

    It seems to me that it's very likely that Turing showed Wittgenstein some of his uncomputable functions.

    oh you mean like explaining why dividing by zero is not possible

    That's not an uncomputable function, that's just an undefined operation. An uncomputable function is more like, given a Turing Machine M and input W determine whether M halts on W.

  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tossrock wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    I was at a lecture being given by a visiting professor and it was kind of a historical seminar about Turing and Wittgenstein and Godel and their various different interpretations of each others' work.

    At one point the woman giving the lecture says "well, we know that Turing and Wittgenstein spent a lot of time together during the summer of 1937, walking in the Botanical Gardens in Cambridge, and it seems unlikely that they just enjoyed each others' company".

    Actually it seems pretty likely that they enjoyed each others' company if you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge.

    you talking about engaging in meaningful dialog?

    It seems to me that it's very likely that Turing showed Wittgenstein some of his uncomputable functions.

    oh you mean like explaining why dividing by zero is not possible

    That's not an uncomputable function, that's just an undefined operation. An uncomputable function is more like, given a Turong Machine M and input W determine whether M halts on W.

    Alam Turong is my favourite computer scientist

  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also Turing's dick

    Edit: eat me I'm on my phone

  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drew-B wrote: »
    Man, saw this on Fark this afternoon but I finally got around to clicking on it...jesus christ

    http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/03/12/army-suicides-grow-but-this-soldier-was-saved/

    I'd probably have shot myself too

  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would have removed your firing pin, MrMonroe

  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino omfg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    "And how,'' Godding asked gently, "did you discover it was missing?''

    holy shit.

    ffNewSig.png
    twitter | steam | 3ds: 4227 1731 4009 | HELLO THERE, SATAN!
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Unbelievable! Could you imagine the step? He's genius!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well this thread is already off topic so

    http://kotaku.com/5495157/tokyos-virtual-child-porn-bill-delayed

    Way too many Kotaku users are supportive of animated child porn

    Like, anyone who says anything against it gets ganked immediately

    i8oqDXr.png
    That's my blog, click the sig to go there!
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SEPlusPlusBusinessasUsual.jpeg:
    Spoiler:

  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel Building an empire OsloRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The logo makes it extra hilarious.

    Fuck off and die.
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Well this thread is already off topic so

    http://kotaku.com/5495157/tokyos-virtual-child-porn-bill-delayed

    Way too many Kotaku users are supportive of animated child porn

    Like, anyone who says anything against it gets ganked immediately

    fucking fascist

    16kakxt.jpg
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well this thread is already off topic so

    http://kotaku.com/5495157/tokyos-virtual-child-porn-bill-delayed

    Way too many Kotaku users are supportive of animated child porn

    Like, anyone who says anything against it gets ganked immediately

    That is disgusting and completely unsurprising.

  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel Building an empire OsloRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well this thread is already off topic so

    http://kotaku.com/5495157/tokyos-virtual-child-porn-bill-delayed

    Way too many Kotaku users are supportive of animated child porn

    Like, anyone who says anything against it gets ganked immediately

    Ganked, eh? I suspect and fear you may be a silly goose, sir.

    Fuck off and die.
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Well this thread is already off topic so

    http://kotaku.com/5495157/tokyos-virtual-child-porn-bill-delayed

    Way too many Kotaku users are supportive of animated child porn

    Like, anyone who says anything against it gets ganked immediately

    Ganked, eh? I suspect and fear you may be a silly goose, sir.

    Why don't you get back to your beloved gosling porn

  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel Building an empire OsloRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Well this thread is already off topic so

    http://kotaku.com/5495157/tokyos-virtual-child-porn-bill-delayed

    Way too many Kotaku users are supportive of animated child porn

    Like, anyone who says anything against it gets ganked immediately

    Ganked, eh? I suspect and fear you may be a silly goose, sir.

    Why don't you get back to your beloved gosling porn

    I don't know what that is, but damn it, I don't think it's right that images are being criminalised.

    Edit: Heh, what a goose I am. Still, learned a new word today.

    Fuck off and die.
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User
    edited March 2010
    This is just another one of those things where Japan feels they have to go by Western standards and norms where if a woman is under 18, it's totally fuckin weird to have any kind of attraction to them.
    We're not into child porn, we're not into molestation. We're human beings just like everybody else, we can just find a 2D character attractive? Is that so wrong?

    bwahahahahahahaha

    what is wrong with these people?

    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Contestants turn torturers in French TV experiment
    Game show contestants turn torturers in a new psychological experiment for French television, zapping a man with electricity until he cries for mercy -- then zapping him again until he seems to drop dead.

    "The Game of Death" has all the trappings of a traditional television quiz show, with a roaring crowd and a glamorous and well-known hostess urging the players on under gaudy studio lights.
    "We were amazed to find that 81 percent of the participants obeyed" the sadistic orders of the television presenter, said Christophe Nick, the maker of the documentary for the state-owned France 2 channel which airs Wednesday.

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe if Catholic priests were given access to vast shota archives they would be able to resist doing the real thing.

    Dogs.jpg
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    stop gettin' mad at foreign cultures, fort

  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    stop gettin' mad at foreign cultures, fort

    no

    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • BugBoyBugBoy I like big bugs and I cannot lieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »
    So it's the Milgram Experiment, but on TV.

    EDIT: Oh, it appears it was modeled after it.

    You see lots of things, out there in the swamp at night. Some of them might even be real. But the Bugboy? That's just plain impossible.
  • BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Contestants turn torturers in French TV experiment
    Game show contestants turn torturers in a new psychological experiment for French television, zapping a man with electricity until he cries for mercy -- then zapping him again until he seems to drop dead.

    "The Game of Death" has all the trappings of a traditional television quiz show, with a roaring crowd and a glamorous and well-known hostess urging the players on under gaudy studio lights.
    "We were amazed to find that 81 percent of the participants obeyed" the sadistic orders of the television presenter, said Christophe Nick, the maker of the documentary for the state-owned France 2 channel which airs Wednesday.

    they.... they made a game show out of the Milgram experiments?

    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    So it's the Milgram Experiment, but on TV.

    EDIT: Oh, it appears it was modeled after it.

    oh dang, takes a sadistic person to read about those experiments and think they'd make a good show.

    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    So it's the Milgram Experiment, but on TV.

    EDIT: Oh, it appears it was modeled after it.

    I can't wait for a show based on the Stanford prison experiment!

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    So it's the Milgram Experiment, but on TV.

    EDIT: Oh, it appears it was modeled after it.

    I can't wait for a show based on the Stanford prison experiment!
    oh gosh. I call guard!

    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • BugBoyBugBoy I like big bugs and I cannot lieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't care what he was hosting, Zimbardo would make a pretty terrifying game show host.

    You see lots of things, out there in the swamp at night. Some of them might even be real. But the Bugboy? That's just plain impossible.
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm now waiting for a gameshow based on the Stanford prison experiment next

    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
This discussion has been closed.