As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Acrimony 101

• Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Also another reason to hate Texas: everyone here thinks mustard is the bee's knees, what the hell.

i know right

mustard is totally the cats meow, duh

be careful

dear god i love the onion

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have seen no evidence of this supposed "mustard worship."

I have, however, seen numerous examples of 'truck nuts' (in one case on a Kia Sportage), several "don't mess with Texas" bumper stickers and hundreds of barbecue places.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also another reason to hate Texas: everyone here thinks mustard is the bee's knees, what the hell.

i know right

mustard is totally the cats meow, duh

be careful

omgomgomg this is totally how i want to live for the rest of my life

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    dude who hates mustard is even worse than the drunk-driving vigilante rapist

Hating on mustard should be an infractable offense.

I don't know if dijon mustard should be included in this, though. I've never had it and I'm scared to try it.
    Wait, is he raping vigilantes? Or is he a vigilante who moonlights as a rapist?

THIS IS IMPORTANT

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    now I'm perplexed by the idea of a vigilante rapist

is he a rapist who is also a vigilante

or does he wage a solo war against crime with rape as his weapon?

or is he a rapist that preys only on those who take the law into their own hands

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tam wrote: »

okay, no, they're right about this

as long as they're putting it on the right stuff
    Good point.

I seem to remember Bourdain meeting some dude who insisted that you should put mustard on your BBQ, and that ain't right.

I'm about 12,000 percent sure that was in the Carolinas, though, not in Texas, where -- God help me -- they at least have BBQ right.

naporeon on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

I don't know if dijon mustard should be included in this, though. I've never had it and I'm scared to try it.

Gotta have it on the right stuff, and sparingly. It stings the nostrils. I recommend either ham or something like pastrami.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dammit cloudman

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It's cool in a fair amount, but some people go far enough to smother food in it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i don't really like regular mustard. Honey Mustard is pretty bitching though.

Melding on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't know about mustard on bbq. Mustard based bbq sauces, sure.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    now I'm perplexed by the idea of a vigilante rapist

is he a rapist who is also a vigilante

or does he wage a solo war against crime with rape as his weapon?

or is he a rapist that preys only on those who take the law into their own hands

Wait, is he raping vigilantes? Or is he a vigilante who moonlights as a rapist?

THIS IS IMPORTANT

I made this post first

great minds think alike regarding mustard and vigilantes

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Umaro wrote: »
    Uh huh two drunk people having sex is the same as slipping someone a daterape drug and having your way with their unconscious body.

Gosh geeze just aaaaaah.

Let's see, how many laws did he break

1. Didn't have a license.
    2. Drove while drunk.
    3. Drank while he was sixteen.
    4. Lied to a police officer.

Clearly only the second one is the issue here, though.
    you're gonna go far, kid

which one of those things could potentially harm another individual?

thats right, driving while drinking

this means that, yes, the second one is the biggest issue here

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    epburnepburn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Texas is socializing kids to believe that interning the Japanese wasn't racist?

Woaaaaah my god. What the fuck

It was a big deal a few years back when a small county near the coast finally renamed "Jap Road."

Though it was originally named in honor of early Japanese settlers to the area.

epburn on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    umaro i feel that since you've lost your dale icon you have become, how shall i say

a worse poster

and person

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This was not mustard BBQ sauce. This was some form of straight-up mustard.

But on point of fact, I'm of the school that believes you shouldn't put BBQ sauce on BBQ. At least not the real stuff.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    BBQ is not an appropriate venue for mustard. Or any sauce but more bbq sauce.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    captaink wrote: »

Gotta have it on the right stuff, and sparingly. It stings the nostrils. I recommend either ham or something like pastrami.

Thanks for the heads up! I know we have some but I keep pussying out and using regular mustard.

Would it be any good on roast beef? I think that's the only lunch meat we have right now.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Uhh as someone who has actually had to clean up messes (by that I mean people) left behind by a drunk driver, I'm a keen advocate for DUI being added to the death penalty list along with child molesters and rapists.

Gonna go ahead and not take your posts seriously ever again k.

Whatever dude. Last DUI accident I was on I had to shove a tube down a 4 year old girl's throat because her chest collapsed while my partner was covering her dead mother up. Meanwhile the drunk guy was crying about how tight his cuffs were.

So you'll forgive me if I don't give a flying shit what you think about what I post.

Mm'kay, champ? Mm'kay.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have seen no evidence of this supposed "mustard worship."

I have, however, seen numerous examples of 'truck nuts' (in one case on a Kia Sportage), several "don't mess with Texas" bumper stickers and hundreds of barbecue places.

I haven't seen many truck nuts here but there are a lot of pickup trucks driven in the area.

Also I guess I worked fast food so I saw a lot of the mustard "worship" (I dunno if I'd call it that).

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    umaro cannot be trusted, as he is essentially a yeti

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Umaro you should probably stop digging for a while before you end up like Jigrah, unable to post in a thread without having to defend yourself

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Thanks for the heads up! I know we have some but I keep pussying out and using regular mustard.

Would it be any good on roast beef? I think that's the only lunch meat we have right now.

Maybe. Start with a little bit on a corner. I usually pair brown mustard with roast beef myself.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Uhh as someone who has actually had to clean up messes (by that I mean people) left behind by a drunk driver, I'm a keen advocate for DUI being added to the death penalty list along with child molesters and rapists.

Gonna go ahead and not take your posts seriously ever again k.

Whatever dude. Last DUI accident I was on I had to shove a tube down a 4 year old girl's throat because her chest collapsed while my partner was covering her dead mother up. Meanwhile the drunk guy was crying about how tight his cuffs were.

So you'll forgive me if I don't give a flying shit what you think about what I post.

Mm'kay, champ? Mm'kay.

^ 5

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fort1tude wrote: »
    Uh huh two drunk people having sex is the same as slipping someone a daterape drug and having your way with their unconscious body.

Gosh geeze just aaaaaah.

2. Drove while drunk.

you're gonna go far, kid

which one of those things could potentially harm another individual?

thats right, driving while drinking

this means that, yes, the second one is the biggest issue here

i was referring mostly to the first part cause i quoted him before he edited

but yeah the second part is dumb as hell too

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    naporeon wrote: »
    This was not mustard BBQ sauce. This was some form of straight-up mustard.

But on point of fact, I'm of the school that believes you shouldn't put BBQ sauce on BBQ. At least not the real stuff.

I happen to agree with you. BBQ sauce for me is reserved for use on sandwiches if they're dry. A glaze on roast or ribs. To dip chicken fingers in.

Anywho. Straight up mustard on bbq. That's criminal.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    truck nutz are literally a legitimate reason for eugenics

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    we need a new jigrah/runcubed

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Truck nuts brighten my life. When I see them, I try to get a look at the driver so I can laugh and laugh some more.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Maybe. Start with a little bit on a corner. I usually pair brown mustard with roast beef myself.

I will report back as soon as I actually get around to doing this.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    umaro seems like a good candidate

let's do some interviews and see if we can't find somebody a little more votable though

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    .avi wrote: »
    texas is the worst state sorry

Uh, South Carolina would like to have a word with you.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    naporeon wrote: »

Good point.

I seem to remember Bourdain meeting some dude who insisted that you should put mustard on your BBQ, and that ain't right.

I'm about 12,000 percent sure that was in the Carolinas, though, not in Texas, where -- God help me -- they at least have BBQ right.

Have you never had a mustard based bbq sauce? They're pretty tasty. Or are you talking just plain mustard, because that would be gross.

rhylith on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

It might be good with roast beef, it's been awhile since I've had any dijon mustard. He's right in that you should use it sparingly, it's pretty strong stuff.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Agreed. I just don't get the point of them. But whatever, I have a canopy on my truck. Maybe their truck nutz are like canopies. I use mine to cover the bed of my pickup, they use truck nutz to cover their small penis sizes.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

2. Drove while drunk.

I got the distinct honor at my job of reading and explaining the charges placed on the kid to a bunch of Spanish-speaking women who didn't understand some of the legal language. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, failure to identify himself to the police, and two counts of vehicular manslaughter, one of which weighing heavier than the other due to the whole "unborn baby" thing.

He got what was coming to him, a long-ass prison sentencing. I'm not like calling for his head.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    umaro seems like a good candidate

let's do some interviews and see if we can't find somebody a little more votable though
    I nominate Michael Menkin

I will give reasons soon

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I had mustard barbecue driving through carolina once, I didn't like it as much. I'm too used to Texas-style.

captaink on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I nominate we ban everyone

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Mr. Fancy-dressed dog, what's a runcubed?

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.