Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PayPal Plus credit card - any comments?

RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm considering getting a credit card in the near future, and while messing around with my PayPal account, I saw that they have a credit card. I do a fair amount of eBaying, so I thought it would be nice to earn points or whatever whenever I'm buying groceries. Anyone here have any experience with it?

Renzo on
FFXIV/Sargatanas/Wintry Ptarmigan
3DS: 3351-5352-0314

• supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You're better off trying to find a card with a low interest rate. Credit card companies got sick of people using the cards for everything and immediately paying them off just to rack up points, and they tried to start charging an extra fee for doing that, but Congress nixed the idea. So the banks made it a lot harder to rack up a really useful amount of points, and now point cards kind of suck unless you can find a way to make massive charges (stuff like rent or college tuition).

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cool. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

• ThaiboxerThaiboxer Registered User
    edited January 2007
    My Girlfriends Brother in-law has an online Bookstore, thus he does a lot of business with Paypal. I noticed he had the Paypal card while we were at dinner a few weeks ago, and he explained to me that he gets something like a 1% rebate on purchases.

It's small I know, but most CC companies don.t give you anything. Plus he pays it off every month by just transferring $ over from his Bookstore sales, so no intrest. Something to look into.

Playing WoW "only when you are bored" is like smoking "only when you are drinking".
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thaiboxer wrote:
    My Girlfriends Brother in-law has an online Bookstore, thus he does a lot of business with Paypal. I noticed he had the Paypal card while we were at dinner a few weeks ago, and he explained to me that he gets something like a 1% rebate on purchases.

It's small I know, but most CC companies don.t give you anything. Plus he pays it off every month by just transferring $ over from his Bookstore sales, so no intrest. Something to look into.
    Yeah. Well I'm definitely not going to go get a credit card without looking into it. But yeah, thanks for the info.