Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Justified] Season 5 - Counting Crowes.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Astaereth wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Boyd's writing this season has been a little iffy. I find it hard to buy that someone that pulled off that epic election heist left a crippled guy alone to guard a squirrely guy afraid for his life and a big dude that was just plotting to put you in prison.

Everything else was stellar.

The second dude is either going to stay and help him get the money (by telling him what safety deposit box it's in) or he's not; there's no need to keep him at gunpoint. And Johnny is generally capable of standing (well, sitting) guard.

What? He already knew at that point he was trying to set him up. The only thing keeping Ellis there was the thought of violence. Neither Dickie nor him have any reason to stay at that point in the story other than fear for their lives.

Corpekata on
    steam_sig.png
    Add me on PSN, Raptr and Wii U and probably every other gaming service under the name: Corpekata
    3ds Friend code: 2251-4724-0730
  • fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Best part of this episode was Raylen
    Spoiler:

As for the ending, I don't think Quarles
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

fshavlak on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    fshavlak wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if we're going to see Quarles' family in the finale. Earlier on we were getting several references to his wife and son, and I suspected they might eventually get to see what he was really like; I'm kinda still holding out on that happening.

bethryn.png
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    fshavlak wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I want a .gif of that camera zoom in on him in that scene.

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Finale's been done for over an hour, and on page 3? A travesty!

It didn't hit the high that the S1 and S2 finishers hit, personally, but it was still fantastic.

Disarmed. Heh.

Raynaga wrote: »
    Finale's been done for over an hour, and on page 3? A travesty!

It didn't hit the high that the S1 and S2 finishers hit, personally, but it was still fantastic.

Disarmed. Heh.

Some great moments. The Duffy scene was amazing.

Also
    Spoiler:

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    That and piggy bank made the episode.

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So hopefully Season 4 is Limehouse. This season hasn't been as good as last season (maybe because it was one long thread instead of the stand-alone episodes like first two seasons), but definitely a good season.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A man in a hat...

Oh D:

Didn't exactly end with a bang, but that was a hell of a thing.

One thing that did not jive:
    Spoiler:

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
    Hell of an episode.

Raylan went completely off the deep end this time.
    Spoiler:

bethryn.png
    edited April 2012
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Hell of an episode.

Raylan went completely off the deep end this time.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
    Easily the best season for me, and Quarles was the best villian yet.

edited April 2012
    Justified has some of the best villains in general, but he really stood out.

And not just because of his big stupid baby head.

[e]This may have something to do with the fact that I watch Burn Notice, a show where Wynn Duffy plays the supreme evil behind all the world's ills, and then I tune in to Justified to see Quarrles making him his bitch.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
  • clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    OMG! Piggy Bank!

photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip Registered User regular
    I liked season 2 better as a whole, but season 3 was also great.

On Errol
    Spoiler:

For most of the season I haven't liked Limehouse all that much. He just seemed like such a pale imitation of Mags, but these last 2 episodes have done wonders in setting Limehouse up as a wonderful villian going forward.

It strikes me that this season has had a lot about family in it.

Ava, Arlo and Boyd becoming 'family'
    Arlo dealing with the loss of Helen, and possibly regret for how he dealt with Raylan
    Raylan dealing with becoming a father and his relationship with Winona
    The curious relationship of Quarles, Theo and Sammy
    Quarles' relationship with his father, and in turn with his family
    Loretta's new family in a minor way
    The relationship between Limehouse and the Givens family

Kinda wonder if it was intentional or not.

bethryn.png
    edited April 2012
    I'm looking forward to Season 4 but I can't imagine the writers thinking up an antagonist more compelling than Quarles. Without a doubt one of the best bad guys in TV history. He was a bond villian with a trademark move while at the same time fitting into the gritty world of the show and being real. There was always a sense of mystery about him, even when we found out some tidbits about his past. That's what I really liked. The most important stuff, like the relationship he had with Theo and the reasons for his split personality, are pretty much left up to our imagination.

Heisenberg on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I'll be interested to see where they go next season, because
    Spoiler:

I imagine next season will have a lot of him dealing with those things, looking inward a lot more than he has so far.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That was good. I was satisfied with the vast majority of the season and of the finale.
    On Errol
    Spoiler:

Pretty much this. For a TV show conversation, Limehouse not referencing the previous statements from several episodes back made things a little tricky to recall. For a natural back-and-forth between two people who already know all this, it makes sense he wouldn't even have to mention it.

sig.jpg
    Last pint: RuinTen (2014) - Stone
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Whereas I hope next season barely mentions them:
    Spoiler:

Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    edited April 2012
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Whereas I hope next season barely mentions them:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was probably a bluff, but even if it wasn't "He grabbed for it, we tangled, I fell back a few steps, told him to freeze, but he lunged again so I shot him." or some variation thereof would fly well enough if it came down to it. Well, in TV land, anyway.

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    I think the key point is that Duffy's previous contacts with Raylan this season ('next one's comin' faster' / looking completely ready to gunfight Quarles before the bartender pulled the shotgun) put him in a position to fully believe that this guy would do it. If there was any doubt at all, the first pull of the trigger cleared that up.

Jere Burns did some wonderful stuff this year.

sig.jpg
    Regarding the piggy bank:
    Spoiler:

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    But why the fuck do you leave your man outside guarding him, rather than inside guarding him?

[e]This may have something to do with the fact that I watch Burn Notice, a show where Wynn Duffy plays the supreme evil behind all the world's ills, and then I tune in to Justified to see Quarrles making him his bitch.

Man, I loved the way Duffy said that.

Actually, Duffy was basically perfect in this finale.

And I don't know why, but I loved this finale better than everybody else seemed to. Like, I think it was easily as good as S1 or S2. I still feel like the show keeps going up.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    But why the fuck do you leave your man outside guarding him, rather than inside guarding him?

Man, I loved the way Duffy said that.

Actually, Duffy was basically perfect in this finale.

And I don't know why, but I loved this finale better than everybody else seemed to. Like, I think it was easily as good as S1 or S2. I still feel like the show keeps going up.

Count me in on season 3 being the best season so far. Mags was great in season 2, but the plot was tighter this time around with the 3 way tug o war. It was tense, funny is a dry, dark way that was very satisfying, and it wrapped up beautifully.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pretty solid wrap up.
    Spoiler:

I know it's probably never going to happen and may even be antithetical to how they've built the show so far, but I'd love to see an arc of episodes with Raylan going back to Miami for a bit. This team is doing Leonard just so much justice, I'd love to see some of his other locales and stories.

Straygatsby on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    It won't happen, but yeah I agree.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Season 4 starts tomorrow, January 8th at 10 pm on FX.

steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Excited for the new season, supposedly it deals with a previous mystery and hill people. Shouldn't be too much of his ex wife for the eye candy sadly she's on the new kevin bacon show.

• deowolfdeowolf Registered User regular
    Whatever. We get Patton Oswalt this year for eye candy, I guess.

[SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Constable Bob I believe is his name, can't wait.

• AtomikaAtomika Hypercritical Queen Bitch of Cinema Registered User regular
    I'm kinda okay with Winona being out of the picture for the time being. Makes sense from a logical standpoint, since being around him is no place for a pregnant woman with a career. Plus, they were really having a hard time justifying(!) her role on the show by the end of the season last year. I'm sure we'll get some cameos checking in on her from time to time, but it's probably for the best she's on the back burner.

That trailer didn't tell us a whole lot about what the next season is going to be about. Tent revivals, maybe?

Hill people, and they are trying to track down a criminal from before who was supposedly dead but is actually alive. So they'll have flash backs to this prior crime, and then back to the present.

• AtomikaAtomika Hypercritical Queen Bitch of Cinema Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hill people, and they are trying to track down a criminal from before who was supposedly dead but is actually alive. So they'll have flash backs to this prior crime, and then back to the present.

I like the idea of Raylan just finally giving no fucks about anything. He's been a superlative officer and is responsible for the collaring of several major organize crime schemes, as well as basic investigative work on smaller crimes, and has put some bad people behind bars or in the dirt.

Him having a full-on battle with internal affairs should be awesome.

Also, bring back Karen Sisco! This should be a buddy-cop show with Raylan and Karen busting up the Dixie Mafia and the Miami Cartel.

You can't bust up the Dixie Mafia if it means no more Wynn Duffy.

sig.jpg
    I guess we get some more Wynn this season but they've said probably no Dickie Bennet or Dewey Crowe.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    Of that list of three, they picked the right one to give us more of.

Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.