Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Games and Technology
Bringing You Up To Speed in 9 Minutes
Spot with "Q" on PC

We Have TOO FUCKING MANY Servers
>> GET ON VENT! Do you want a spot on a server? ASK SOMEONE IN VENT. <<

Ventrillo:
server: V53.DARKSTARLLC.COM
port: 11065
pass (if necessary): wang

Servers!

Sladvan's & Tyrannus' (this is the best server)(Donate):
gametracker.php?ip_address=68.232.181.129&game_port=19567&banner=banner_560x95.png
Spoiler:

PC Steam Group
If you are on on PC, this is the place to be: Penny Arcade: Bad Company 2

PC EA Account Things
In-game soldier names!
Spoiler:

Xbox 360
Spoiler:
Metatag: PA Battlefield

PS3 Stuff
Spoiler:

PC System Requirements!
Spoiler:

Game Modes
Spoiler:

Kits (Loadouts)
Spoiler:

CarbonFire's Turret Mouse Fix
Spoiler:

UAV Controls Un-Invert
Spoiler:

Signatures
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sigg-o-matic.php

FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF REALLY FUCKING BAD IDEAS

If you submit a banner that is approved by Sladvan and I, you get a free kick!(!!)
That's right. Fucking hate Sladvan's platinum star on his grenade launcher? kick! Desrever's teamswitching pissing you the hell off? a boot to the head! Kimchi? You see where I'm going with this.
Or do you? IT CAN BE ANYONE! FOR ANY REASON!

Send your submissions to Sladvan and me! Image must be 512 x 64 and in .PNG format!
no goombas are eligable

Weapon Stats
http://battlefieldbadass.com/equipment/

More indepth information
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/
http://rigel.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/90/90f94d16f127c0b75021ad27ceeeadf89dbdafb9.png
http://bfbc2info.blogspot.com/

Changing FOV
FOV (Field of View) determines how much of your surrounding area you can see without turning.
http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

Flying a Helicopter
Adding servers without using the horrible browser
Spoiler:

tyrannus on

• DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish I could get me DB15 game port Sidewinder Precision Pro working. I would be all like "Helicopter? YEAH baby!!1" instead of "Helicopter?!" *crashdiesflamingdeath*

What?

1154825-1.png
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Boringest thread title

why do you subject us to this, tyrannus

• tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Boringest thread title

i will also never change the title of the thread

• CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, my fix isn't stupid :P
    Spoiler:

I've got one other change to make to the fix, as someone pm'ed me about the camera on jetskis/atvs not moving fast enough. Will have to add that this evening.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Moving to a new thread right as I post something. Typical Tyr Annus. Put me in the OP list. BongRipsPalin is the best name.

signatureih.jpg
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User
    edited March 2010
    I would like to submit thread title: Killin' mans from Toliets- better than Quilted Northern

Spoiler:
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Hey, my fix isn't stupid :P
    Spoiler:

I've got one other change to make to the fix, as someone pm'ed me about the camera on jetskis/atvs not moving fast enough. Will have to add that this evening.

Don't worry. We know your fix isn't stupid.
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    M60? More like M6OP.

• ApostateApostate Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    M60? More like M6OP.

LOL. Good stuff.

• JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Boringest thread title

i will also never change the title of the thread

You're a monster

• JamsqueJamsque Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have returned to PA from long exodus so that I can play this game with voice chat, and without pubbies. Can someone please add Jamsque to the list of PC players in the op?

• Xeno idXeno id Registered User
    edited March 2010
    OK, so is anyone else a bastard with the UAV like me?

I'll grab the UAV with the V Reload Perk going and just camp next to an enemy Mcom station on the edge of a mountain side out of sight. I'll pop out on the edge of the mountain and fire and then dip back behind some large rock or something making myself virtually un-spottable while it reloads.

Yeah V Reload is the best freaking vehicle perk. This has won me many games against stubborn opponents.

f52ff.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Father of DemonStacey Shitty Dads, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TAD was full and the server browser was actually working, so I hopped onto a random server last night. It's amazing how much you can improve when tyrannus isn't telling you how shitty of a player you are.

Got an 8 kill streak in under a minute taking on two vehicles and some infantry as an Engineer solo. It was unreal... then I ran out of ammo and got raped by a Recon using a 1911 .45

Butts.
    edited March 2010
    The Neostead 2000 with slug rounds finally clicked with me last night. Truly slugs are the real railgun in this game - drilling someone in the head from the other side of the map brings so much joy <3

Finally I don't feel gimped running around as Action Recon.

• tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TTODewback wrote: »
    TAD was full and the server browser was actually working, so I hopped onto a random server last night. It's amazing how much you can improve when tyrannus isn't telling you how shitty of a player you are.

Got an 8 kill streak in under a minute taking on two vehicles and some infantry as an Engineer solo. It was unreal... then I ran out of ammo and got raped by a Recon using a 1911 .45

you are so shitty it is despicable. <3
    also you'd have never done something so awesome without me pushing you

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My enjoyment of Shotgun Engineer has made me contemplate playing the Shotgun Wookie.

I feel so very, very dirty.

• SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    repostin' cause i owwwnnn

lKhC3.png

DKFA7.gif
    edited March 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    My enjoyment of Shotgun Engineer has made me contemplate playing the Shotgun Wookie.

I feel so very, very dirty.

Bah, the shotgun wookie is a force to be reckoned with. Camping inside an MCom building with a shotgun and motion sensors is an excellent strategy when you got your back against the wall.

Besides your team mates will love you for it.

f52ff.png
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So should I buy this

I guess I should buy this

• SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I prefer the Shotgun Slugging Assault.

A fantastic defensive kit, since you've got unlimited ammo and C4, you can practically permanently deny access to areas for vehicles and enemies alike. Especially on the conquest maps, getting to heavy traffic areas before any enemy tanks get there is good fun.

• DomhnallDomhnall Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are there quite a few folks playing this on the 360? Don't want to take the full price plunge and end up playing with randomers.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Lionel-RichieLionel-Richie Registered User
    edited March 2010
    ...wait what? Assault with C4? Bwuh?

edited March 2010
    When the assault class takes any weapon that isn't an assault rifle, they lose rifle grenades, and get C4 instead.

By they way OP:

Bad company 2 FoV Calculator. PC's use the exact same FoV of the consoles giving most players a bad case of blinders. Just input your resolution and it'll give you an answer as to what the best fov for you is. You can access this settings file under "My Documents" in the BFBC2 folder. It's called "settings.ini". Open this in note pad and you'll recieve a list of different settings you can change, like bloom, and FoV.

It's a pretty crude explanation, I'm sure anyone can revise it better.

edited March 2010
    I don't think I could give up Motion Sensors for ammo crates. Plus, Shotgun Wookie > boring old soldier guy

• Lionel-RichieLionel-Richie Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Holy crap what? Brb.

• WMain00WMain00 Registered User
    edited March 2010
    I do not approve of the boring title.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Father of DemonStacey Shitty Dads, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Single Player Campaign:
    Sweetwater: If we tell [Whatever His Name Is] He'll Just Send Some Special Ops Douchebags With Heartbeat Sensors On Their Guns

At that point I said, "What kind of name is Soap anyways?"

Butts.
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've left recon to gather dust while I get the assault unlocks, but sometimes i'm compelled to switch to it because the other recons are doing such a shitty job.

I guess this is what happens when people don't have the PA forum to tell them how to play. Still, plenty of people seem to have caught on that the M60 fucks people royally.

MWO: Fennec Fox
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was playing a pub earlier today in whcih it was 16 vs 12 and the team with 16 must have been compossed of nothing but recon and medics.

One of my kill cams showed a medic huddled next to a group of 5 other medics.

edited March 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I do not approve of the boring title.

Bad Company 2: Heartbeat sensors are for pussies
    Bad Company 2: Baddier Companyier
    Bad Company 2: C4 Solutions
    Bad Company 2: Bad to the prone
    Bad Company 2: (Rent space here find out how)

f52ff.png
    edited March 2010
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Single Player Campaign:
    Sweetwater: If we tell [Whatever His Name Is] He'll Just Send Some Special Ops Douchebags With Heartbeat Sensors On Their Guns

At that point I said, "What kind of name is Soap anyways?"

I prefered the whole Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones banter between Sweetwater and Haggard. And Spanglish.

• MadpandaMadpanda Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The line where the medic said "the shit hit the fan" but in fancytalk was my favorite.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    "You mean you wanna be Harrison Ford in Air Force One?" "Who doesn't?"

3DS: 2809-9292-5994
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How the flying fuck do you fucking fly?

I'm a fireball producing kamikaze maniac! In the baddest way

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Movitz wrote: »
    How the flying fuck do you fucking fly?

I'm a fireball producing kamikaze maniac! In the baddest way

Practice makes parachute.

f52ff.png
    edited March 2010
    I use a logitech pad for helicopters. I just can't get the hang of m+kb for flight. If you have a game pad with analog sticks setting around, it's worth hooking up just to use when you hop in the pilot seat.

signatureih.jpg
  • DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think the last three times I have tried to fly the UAV it slid on the ground for 5 feet then exploded. I then run away in embarrassment. I don't even attempt to get in the pilot seat of the big helicopters....

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    it took me some time and i'm still not that great at flying with mouse and keyboard but I don't crash or fly out of bounds for too long anymore.

edited March 2010
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »
    I think the last three times I have tried to fly the UAV it slid on the ground for 5 feet then exploded. I then run away in embarrassment. I don't even attempt to get in the pilot seat of the big helicopters....

Really? The UAV is so easy to pilot though. It's literally R for up, F for down and mouse to look around. It's like easy mode.

signatureih.jpg
  • douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »

It's really easy once you figure out that they give it completely different controls.

r/f goes up and down, it hovers on its own and the asdf keys move it as you expect it to move.

But yeah, I blew up the first 5 or so trying to fly them like a helicopter. And a good 10 more accidentally hitting e instead of r, prompting me to leave the vehicle control hut and blowing up the vehicle in front of me.

puffin.png