As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know how to actually get a VIP code, if say, the game isn't yours but you play? There's nothing in the store about actually acquiring a code and the website says that I can get it in the store and that's it. Any hints/ideas? Anyone have a phone no. I can call?

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pajama_Man wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    So if you are in a vehicle (like a tank or the UAV) and you have the AltFire spec equipped, how do you zoom in? Is there a special "zoom in" button I haven't seen yet?

Depending on which "vehicle perk" you have equipped those essentially act as your "Alt-Fire". The only way to get zoom in alt-fire is to equipped the zoom vehicle perk. The zoom perk is great on the UAV. Also pairing the UAV with the sensor will turn your UAV into a flying sensor ball. :mrgreen:

Does the sensor perk have infinite vertical range?

Arrath on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    So if you are in a vehicle (like a tank or the UAV) and you have the AltFire spec equipped, how do you zoom in? Is there a special "zoom in" button I haven't seen yet?

I think the altfire perk might take the place of your zoom.

It does.

Fun thing to do: Have both Attack chopper pilot and gunner pick the alt-fire perk. Gunner's alt fire is a tracer dart, and the Chopper pilot's alt fire is a tow missile. Gunner traces, pilot locks on and ruins a tank's day.

I've always wondered about that...

That sounds totally fucking awesome too.

Sheep on
  • MeepZeroMeepZero Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hi all! found a page with some stats...

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Just a few stats, really not that many
    actually its a truckload of data

MeepZero on
    Aprjs.png
    sig.jpg
  • douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can anyone explain exactly how the missile locks work? I spent the least amount of time as an engineer, and with no previous BF experience, I think I might be doing it wrong.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dougly wrote: »
    Can anyone explain exactly how the missile locks work? I spent the least amount of time as an engineer, and with no previous BF experience, I think I might be doing it wrong.

Just keep your aim on the traced vehicle, the block will change from missing sides to a full on block that blinks. That's it, your locked. Works behind walls too, from what I can tell.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Masume wrote: »

Just keep your aim on the traced vehicle, the block will change from missing sides to a full on block that blinks. That's it, your locked. Works behind walls too, from what I can tell.

And when you've got a lock on, you can fire in just about any direction and the missile will still track towards the target, as long as you stay scoped. Great for shooting around obstacles :^:

Also, MeepZero, that info has already been posted, and it's actually old data from the beta.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited March 2010
    as long as you stay scoped.

I was doing it wrong

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the info Meep posted, some of it, has been reupdated to include the updated vehicles not included in the beta. also, a locked-on rocket doesn't require you to remain scoped for it to track the target.

tyrannus on
  • deusxanimedeusxanime Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dang, Amazon has BC2 PC for $37! I should have waited another week to buy it... Ah well, Steam gave me instant gratification, and I'm all for that.

deusxanime on
    RecliningBuddha.png
    edited March 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    the info Meep posted, some of it, has been reupdated to include the updated vehicles not included in the beta. also, a locked-on rocket doesn't require you to remain scoped for it to track the target.

I figured ^^that^^ is how they should work.

I'm pretty sure I just got the third rocket launcher, tried to manually guide a missile into a tank, got blown up while standing there like a goon and swapped back to the second launcher.

dougly on
    puffin.png
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, you don't need to be scoped to achieve or maintain the target lock.

Nothing quite like rocket sniping a tank half way across Atamamamamca Desert.

Arrath on
  • Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I figured ^^that^^ is how they should work.

I'm pretty sure I just got the third rocket launcher, tried to manually guide a missile into a tank, got blown up while standing there like a goon and swapped back to the second launcher.

While the missile definitely still seeks when you unscope, it seems like it has less accuracy or something for me. I'll often waste a missile or two trying to hit a dart'ed tank without any vehicle damage notification, then when I get some good cover and can stay scoped the missile pretty much always hits and gives me the damage and/or vehicle destruction popups.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had a fun time getting creative with the destructible buildings last night.

Was solo sneaking to one of the mcoms in a house on Port Val. Run into the building next to it, knife 3 guys stationed at the different windows. Climb to the attic, blast a hole in the the wall and the adjacent building with my grenade launcher. Shoot a guy hiding in the other attic, then run and jump from house to house. Arm the mcom without ever going through the front door.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I play a lot of Rush. The best map has to be the jungle map Valparaso. Stage 2 of that map can get ridiculous as that entire village can be leveled. The worst map is probably Arica harbor because of stage 1. That first stage is open and situated in a bowl making it hell for infantry to survive the incessant sniping and liberal tank fire.

Nelson bay is probably the most hectic.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, to whoever said the first guy you stab in Zero Dark Thirty in single player mode was a Legionniare was mistaken. He's not a Legionnaire, he's just a regular Russian grunt

Also, I looked everywhere. I didn't see a single Acta Non Verba symbol anywhere. I even got 90% of the MComs, and still didn't find the symbol.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nelson Bay is a bitch to defend on Rush, in my opinion. I always feel like my team really accomplished something if we can hold that one.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Xeno idXeno id Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If a .50 cal rifle doesn't kill whoever it hits in one shot, a knife shouldn't either.

THIS

Xeno id on
    f52ff.png
  • Xeno idXeno id Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Marikir wrote: »
    Nelson Bay is a bitch to defend on Rush, in my opinion. I always feel like my team really accomplished something if we can hold that one.

I hate Nelson Bay the most so far. I mean... Seriously... Who makes a Battlefield map and doesn't include a single tank or a Helicopter? This isn't Call of Duty folks. I hate that fucking map.

Xeno id on
    f52ff.png
  • erraticrabbiterraticrabbit Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I hate that Nelson the most too, 'cause I don't have any excuse to carry CG

erraticrabbit on
    steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hazywater wrote: »
    I play a lot of Rush. The best map has to be the jungle map Valparaso. Stage 2 of that map can get ridiculous as that entire village can be leveled. The worst map is probably Arica harbor because of stage 1. That first stage is open and situated in a bowl making it hell for infantry to survive the incessant sniping and liberal tank fire.

If your team cannot break through the first point on Arica, it's because your tanks aren't using the Zoom Upgrade. Point A is completely undefendable, and B can be tank sniped pretty easily.

Also, Nelson Bay is awesome. It'll be even better if zombie medic trains get nerfed. I wouldn't mind a BDM on that map to help mix things up though.
    Yeah, I hate that Nelson the most too, 'cause I don't have any excuse to carry CG
    WHAT.

If you can't find a use for CG on Nelson Bay, then Carl Gustov has no use for you.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    holy shit I have 2 kicks

that is the amount of seats the enemy team could take up on a skidoo

hmm

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Went shotgun engy again, aussie server, ended up with a 2.71 K/D and over 20 kills.

Lag is not beneficial, Klyka and Goomba.

Warcry on
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    Also, to whoever said the first guy you stab in Zero Dark Thirty in single player mode was a Legionniare was mistaken. He's not a Legionnaire, he's just a regular Russian grunt

Also, I looked everywhere. I didn't see a single Acta Non Verba symbol anywhere. I even got 90% of the MComs, and still didn't find the symbol.

I could've sworn I saw the symbol on some trucks that you shoot up from Flynn's chopper in the jungle.

Arrath on
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Went shotgun engy again, aussie server, ended up with a 2.71 K/D and over 20 kills.

Lag is not beneficial, Klyka and Goomba.

You completely miss their point. Playing with moon ping is lame for those that are playing against you. You can't hit shit, but the people with reasonable ping also can't hit you for shit. Because you skip around and even direct hits sometimes don't register.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Damn these threads move really fast.

Bolthorn on
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hazywater wrote: »

If your team cannot break through the first point on Arica, it's because your tanks aren't using the Zoom Upgrade. Point A is completely undefendable, and B can be tank sniped pretty easily.

That's my issue, actually. Stage 1 is completely undefendable unless teams are stacked. Stages 2 and 3 are fun though with nice house to house fighting and urban tanks.

For nelson bay, shotgun wookie is amazing. Those motion sensors change everything.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
    edited March 2010
    k, I neutered the OP and added some names. would like to add a tips section.

tyrannus on
  • PuddingSenatorPuddingSenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, pump shotty + slugs + magnum rounds is god. My favorite thing is hearing a sniper's bullet whiz by, spinning around and putting a slug in their head from halfway across the map. So satisfying.

As a side note, are all the PA servers just Rush 24/7 at this point? I like Rush, but the meat grinder aspect of it gets pretty old after a while. It seems like Conquest has the ability to create situations that are a bit more tactically interesting than the endless waves of men hurling themselves at M-Coms in Rush.

At the same time, playing with pubbies sucks, so I hate straying from the PA servers.

PuddingSenator on
  • MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Soo...
    That part of the Airborne mission, where your falling in the air and have to shoot the bad guy and catch your parachute? Whoever designed that deserves an industrial strength cock punch. I'll be damned if I know what to do to catch the chute.

Metallikat on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think I've ever gotten a kill with the CG. Dunno how. Just does like the 40MM grenades do. Blows up with no one dead.

Sheep on
    edited March 2010
    Man, pump shotty + slugs + magnum rounds is god. My favorite thing is hearing a sniper's bullet whiz by, spinning around and putting a slug in their head from halfway across the map. So satisfying.

As a side note, are all the PA servers just Rush 24/7 at this point? I like Rush, but the meat grinder aspect of it gets pretty old after a while. It seems like Conquest has the ability to create situations that are a bit more tactically interesting than the endless waves of men hurling themselves at M-Coms in Rush.

At the same time, playing with pubbies sucks, so I hate straying from the PA servers.

I've been curious about this. Does the magnum ammo perk do anything for slugs? I know people say they have little to no effect on sniper rifles, and I know I've read that slugs are treated the same as sniper rounds by the game.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OP needz weapon statz.

Doomninja on
    1154825-1.png
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I will now repost my amazing banner submission:

angrydome-1.png

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited March 2010
    Doomninja wrote: »
    OP needz weapon statz.

it's on there now

I've been curious about this. Does the magnum ammo perk do anything for slugs? I know people say they have little to no effect on sniper rifles, and I know I've read that slugs are treated the same as sniper rounds by the game.

magnum rounds add 25% extra damage to all bullets.

tyrannus on
    edited March 2010
    Metallikat wrote: »
    Soo...
    That part of the Airborne mission, where your falling in the air and have to shoot the bad guy and catch your parachute? Whoever designed that deserves an industrial strength cock punch. I'll be damned if I know what to do to catch the chute.
    What? I shot the dude and it went right into cutscene with Sweets passing me the chute.

Arrath on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    4) Notice that my other 3 squadmates are Recon snipers camping somewhere useless

Hey man, that's 20 meters less walking to the front when you spawn on them!

Echo on
  • DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Doomninja wrote: »
    OP needz weapon statz.

it's on there now

/tyrannus

god mode enabled.

Doomninja on
    1154825-1.png
  • PuddingSenatorPuddingSenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hmm...I just sort of assumed it affected all bullets equally. Maybe I'll try hopping in an empty server tonight with a friend and testing it out a bit.

PuddingSenator on
    edited March 2010

Hmm...I just sort of assumed it affected all bullets equally. Maybe I'll try hopping in an empty server tonight with a friend and testing it out a bit.
    no need! http://rigel.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/90/90f94d16f127c0b75021ad27ceeeadf89dbdafb9.png

tyrannus on