As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy] - Where strange fantasy jargon and Leona Lewis collide.

1565758596062»

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Since it's close to 100 pages, I want to stick to my earlier idea of letting different people take a turn on the thread. Fig had a shot, as did I and Xenogears, so I'd like to see someone else give it a shot.

Also, I managed to beat Chapter 9's boss by adding Sazh to the group. The guy is a buffing master.

Also, in regards to Chapter 9.....
    I really hate how Jhill got written out without even having a boss fight. She had potential as a villain, sort of like Scarlet 2.0.

She also had a cool design, a nice mix of evil/sexy without reaching Selvaria levels of absurdity. If they make a PlayArts figure, I would buy it.

It turned out that short hair guy survived (why was he even shot?) so maybe she'll make a reappearance.
    I have to agree, the way they just offed her so early on, without even a boss fight or anything, was pretty lame. She was a lot more interesting both as a villain and visually compared to that other dude, who's name I can't even remember.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Argh, I could consistently kill the turtles if not for that roar-stun attack. What the heck am I supposed to do when all three get stunned?

Probably the best thing to do would be to use renew, and then hope that heals you enough to survive the next attack.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Since it's close to 100 pages, I want to stick to my earlier idea of letting different people take a turn on the thread. Fig had a shot, as did I and Xenogears, so I'd like to see someone else give it a shot.

Also, I managed to beat Chapter 9's boss by adding Sazh to the group. The guy is a buffing master.

I really hate how Jhill got written out without even having a boss fight. She had potential as a villain, sort of like Scarlet 2.0.

She also had a cool design, a nice mix of evil/sexy without reaching Selvaria levels of absurdity. If they make a PlayArts figure, I would buy it.

It turned out that short hair guy survived (why was he even shot?) so maybe she'll make a reappearance.
    I have to agree, the way they just offed her so early on, without even a boss fight or anything, was pretty lame. She was a lot more interesting both as a villain and visually compared to that other dude, who's name I can't even remember.
    Maybe she could be added as a DLC quest where she survived and demands revenge.

I dunno, I was looking forward to seeing her in action, even if she likely wouldn't be much of a threat. She was teased about considerably in trailers so it sucks that she got offed (?) so easily.

At least she lasted longer than Judge Drace.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Maybe she could be added as a DLC quest where she survived and demands revenge.

I dunno, I was looking forward to seeing her in action, even if she likely wouldn't be much of a threat. She was teased about considerably in trailers so it sucks that she got offed (?) so easily.

At least she lasted longer than Judge Drace.
    She could have easily been a threat, she was basically the highest-ranked military person there. The other dude was her second in command. It's so weird how they introduce a character that just screams "person you have to go through to get to the big bad" and then not do anything with it. Plus they gave her a personal connection to Sazh...they could have at least done a Jihl/Sazh one on one fight or something.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone have a link to that chapter 11 mission map? Should probably put that in the new OP.

Also, I neeeeed.

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    smeej wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to that chapter 11 mission map? Should probably put that in the new OP.

Also, I neeeeed.

I have it saved onto my browser in quick tabs lol.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So do I, but I am on a different computer -_-

Thanks a lot.

(Also, I am the only person who though Jhill was lame and glad I didn't have to look at her stupid face anymore.)

smeej on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm debating whether or not it might be time to move on to chapter 12. I've got my main party's level 9 stuff open with one job finished on each, they all have maxed out tier 2 weapons, and I've started farming adamantoises.

Still can't beat mission 55 though, and I'd love to have double CP for the last two chapters.

Are you trying to do it the hard way ? Because I just did that mission for a friend, 3rd goddamn death cast and Neochu died, when I did it in my own game, it took like 10-15 minutes though,

his characters were kinda weak though so Fang never left Sentinel role or they would have been massacred, atleast he had a fully maxed Marlboro Wand which really makes it alot faster.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So do I, but I am on a different computer -_-

Thanks a lot.

(Also, I am the only person who though Jhill was lame and glad I didn't have to look at her stupid face anymore.)

Yeah, I thought she was a pretty overdone and rather pointless character.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I agree she was pointless...that was my problem. They could have made her not pointless but they didn't.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just don't think anyone would care if she had been a guy instead. Case in point: pointless commander guy who no one remembers his name.

smeej on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just don't think anyone would care if she had been a guy instead. Case in point: pointless commander guy who no one remembers his name.

Yaag Rosch :P ?

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Do you remember any of VC's villains besides Selvaria and Maximilian?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well there's three differences between them, IMO:

1.) Jihl had a pretty good visual design, while Yaag was extremely generic.

2.) Yaag had basically no character at all, while Jihl, while pretty shallow, had at least something.

3.) Jihl was connected to one of the main characters' personal story, Yaag had no importance at all.

I think they should have done more with Yaag, too...just Jihl was the one who seemed to actually be getting built up as a sub-boss so them dropping the ball on her stands out more.

Overall I would have liked to see them both have more of a role, cause the antagonists in FF games latelyhave been pretty weak.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They should make a FF RPG

Were you play both as the 'Good guys' and the 'bad guys'. Only instead, there is no real clear distinction between the two. What are terrorists in one set of eyes are freedom fighters in another set of eyes.

Also, get rid of deus ex machina antagonists.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is there a stat or item that governs your chances of landing debuffs on enemies? There's nothing more annoying than queueing up x6 slows and having them all fail. It seems really luck based. Sometimes I can land a debuff on one try and other times it takes two or three turns. If possible, I'd love to get something to help improve my chances so I spend less time in my "Even Odds" paradigm and more time in a killing paradigm.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is there a stat or item that governs your chances of landing debuffs on enemies? There's nothing more annoying than queueing up x6 slows and having them all fail. It seems really luck based. Sometimes I can land a debuff on one try and other times it takes two or three turns. If possible, I'd love to get something to help improve my chances so I spend less time in my "Even Odds" paradigm and more time in a killing paradigm.

One of Vanille's weapons does this. Also, the more SABs you have active at the same time, the better your chances.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »

One of Vanille's weapons does this. Also, the more SABs you have active at the same time, the better your chances.

Yeah, it seems really random sometimes. On my tries with the last boss yesterday the time I actually won was the time that I absolutely couldn't get a single SAB debuff to stick the entire fight even though the previous time I had 3 of that stuck and stayed at least for a little while.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh man, The chapter 9 boss is such a dick. Then I realized I have about 15k-20k in unspent CP so after leveling up and upgrading accessories I should have an easier time.

JJ on
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't use sentinels the entire game until these last few missions and they are irritating the hell out of me. They don't seem to consistently work. I was fighting gigantuar and sometimes he'd just turn and gun down other members of my party despite Snow being a sent 24/7.

Then after a few attempts, Fang's instant stagger item combo procced and he died in a few hits. Incredibly cheap, but okay.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay here's the new thread. I wrote some stuff for it and would have been annoyed if I got beaten after that so hence why it's a few posts early.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=14182168

Adus on
  • Options
    Izanagi-OkamiIzanagi-Okami Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't use sentinels the entire game until these last few missions and they are irritating the hell out of me. They don't seem to consistently work. I was fighting gigantuar and sometimes he'd just turn and gun down other members of my party despite Snow being a sent 24/7.

Then after a few attempts, Fang's instant stagger item combo procced and he died in a few hits. Incredibly cheap, but okay.

Sentinels need to provoke or challenge a mob to get it to focus on them. It's not a 100% chance of success however (though it's pretty high.) and it will wear off eventually during which time the mob will have free reign to attack who it wants until it's reapplied. This is compounded by the fact that the Gigantaurs 10,000 needle attack can randomly inflict pain which prevents snow from even using challenge/provoke in the first place. Otherwise sentinels are pretty good at their job but pretty much never necessary.

Izanagi-Okami on
  • Options
    DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ok so I'm farming adamtoises, or rather, trying to. My problem is that I can't survive long enough to spam death more than a few times. Everyone can survive one stomp and all, but I can only knock them down with a summon. which, I can only really do once because then I'm left with 2TP after battle. What's a good way of going about killing them? I have 2 sab's and a medic all with sprint shoes so they are auto hasted. After his first stomp I can only heal up to just barely over 10k, which makes me dead when he does his stomp right then seeing as it does 11k.

what's a better way about going about this?

DarkSymphony on