Strong pokemon. Weak pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with the pokemon they love best.
Go out into the wild, capture monsters, and pit them in battle against each other and your friends. Why? Because.
Right now, the SE++ Pokecommunity is all abuzz about the triumphant release of HeartGold and Soulsilver.
What are those? DS remakes of Gold and Silver, the best pokemon games ever made.
Wanna battle some? It's easy. Check out Bulbapedia
, a wiki project seeking to compile all the information possible about everything Pokemon. Or check out Smogon
, but don't take it too seriously: we're here to have fun, after all. Or hell, just ask someone in the thread: this place is full of people who'll help you with almost anything, so long as you're courteous.
Once upon a time, SE++ had its own gym league: with the release of HG/SS, the League is somewhat defunct, although many gym leaders and challengers are still around and willing to battle. While the league doesn't seem to officially exist for the time being, the rules are maintained here behind the spoiler. Will the League return? Perhaps, one day, if you are good and honest and believe in the good things of the world.
- Personal preference is paramount. Don't build a team of perfectly trained supermonsters with optimally balanced types and as devastating a moveset as possible: fight with what you like. This might mean bringing a Tropius into battle, or a Magcargo. Who the fuck cares? Losing ain't that big a deal, and winning with your favourites is the best victory.
- Gyms can be challenged in any order.
- Challengers may have two teams for challenging: an A team and a B team. That is two sets of six Pokemon with which you must gather all the badges: no switching between teams or subbing new guys in once you've started the league. It's fucking hard to build a solid team out of all one type, and you challengers gotta be nice.
- Once you've got all eight badges, you're the Champion. Nice work. Of course, anyone who has all eight badges can be Champion: if you've got eight badges, you can issue a formal challenge to the Champion, and each of you will fight with teams of your choice. The victor is crowned the Champion, old or new.
- Gym Leaders may be challenged. Assemble a team composed all of the same type as the gym leader, issue a formal challenge, and meet on the battleground. The winner becomes the Gym Leader, old or new, and can change the type of the Gym he runs provided it is not the same as another Gym. The new Gym Leader in this case will have a week from his or her taking control to assemble a team of that type to defend his badge.
- Formal challenges may only be issued twice a week. If you battle a Gym Leader three times and win the third: sorry, no badge.
- We got some banned dudes. No legendaries, duh. The bird trio, Mewtwo, Mew, the dog trio, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regirock, Registeel and Regice, Latias and Latios, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Manaphy, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, and Arceus.
Also, no Wobbuffett, Blissey or Garchomp, because they are no fun to fight against.
Here's a list of participating Friend Codes: PM me if you want on the list.
These codes are for Diamond or Pearl or Platinum I dunno they're old and stale
Beasteh - 2148-5707-0343
Kuribo's Shoe - 2836-3844-8086
Unintentional - 4898-6355-9244
Dichotomy - 4855-7158-7540
Speed Racer - 2694-6498-9606
Worthless Lurker -
Platinum: 4684 0363 5042
Faynor - 1849-2088-3935
Marshswellow - 4983-9781-7146
Nerdgasmic - 1333-0236-8007
Melding - 0387-5403-7737
Kay - 4253-9422-6181
Squall - 3653-2402-0865
Daisuke Spoon - 0002-2940-9674
Munkus Beaver - 2320 2630 5407
InvisibleInk - 1419-2587-1159
Kickhopper - 2621-8909-8485
Sir Red of the Manti - 5197-9807-5111
Silence1186 - 1419-7303-9802
Eeveelution - 4726-9455-2619
Jars - 1333-6616-9851
Goose! - 4039-7879-9538
Terrendos - 3437-0107-2915
TunnelRunner - 1591-5067-6103
Unlucky - 0603-8220-8794
Yukira - 2407-7036-7130
STATE OF THE ART ROBOT - 2321 8156 7355
I know these are Heart Gold / Soul Silver codes, they are fresh and exciting
The Far Side: 2708 3857 7649
Worthless Lurker: 4727 0130 2964