As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Custom T-shirt service that lets me design on the whole shirt, and resell?

EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Basically, I want to make the whole front of the shirt a giant cartoon face for something I'm working on, that I can later sell.

In past, when I've made shirts that I wanted to sell, I've used something like Zazzle.com... haven't had any issues with that, but they limit the designing area on the shirts to a smallish square dead center of the torso, and I want to be able to place elements, like, along the bottom hem of the shirt.

Anyone know of a service that'd let me do this?

Ein on

• RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Check with the local print shops, you might be able to negotiate a better rate then you would with an online company. You also have the advantage of being able to examine their work in-person.

Robman on
  • Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This isn't exactly what you have in mind, but you should go to an art store and pick up some silkscreening material. The price will depend on how large you want the design, but it won't be insanely expensive. This is really the way to go as it gives you some artistic legitimacy, you actually learn a valuable skill, and the shirts will look better. No one online is going to silkscreen shirts by hand for you unless they're charging you a fortune. You'll most likely be getting shitty iron ons or something that will look terrible compared to something silk-screened.

The best brand of silkscreening stuff to get is Speedball.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you're serious about making and selling shirts, you need to silkscreen.

Edit: ^^Yeah, if you're not going to silkscreen then a local print shop is the way to go.

Chop Logic on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    http://www.undergroundshirts.com/

We've used Underground Printing for tshirts at work several times. They're excellent, and prices are great. And order of ~60 shirts with a one-color 4" print on the front and 10" print on the back ran us about $6 a shirt using Gildan. They have American Apparel shirts that bump it up to about $7. I think they have a standard $10 plate charge for the design, regardless the size of order.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks, guys. Screening them myself is probably outside of what I'm willing to do, since I'm sort've busy with school, but I will check around my local places and, failing that, undergroundshirts doesn't look too bad. :)

Ein on