As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me draw again

blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Back in high school, I was a very un-attentive student, so I spent the majority of my time doodling and drawing, and I actually got pretty okay, but once I graduated, I kind of just stopped drawing, or being terribly artistic. Flash forward a few years, I'm now 21, and found myself with oodles of free time and a super laid back job, so I'd like to rekindle that spirit. I've spent the past years doodling, but I seem to of... well forgotten everything.

SO! I've set aside an hour every day to draw, and I need to re-learn the basics. I was hoping some of y'all would have maybe some book suggestions, or even online materials I could read though, and use to do things, more or less, the right way. Even some advice would be great. I want to give this artist thing a real shot, but I feel like I've got a long road to getting back to the comfort level I used to have with a pencil. I know the key is just to do it often, but right now I feel like I'm doing things the wrong way, and just re-enforcing bad habits

blakfeld on

• Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The stickied thread in the Artist's corner has some great advice on books and sites and whatnots. Check there and post back if you have any specific questions. Many people are struggling with the same things, so read some random art threads there. You'll be sure to pick up some advice.

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow, I'm a silly goose. Thanks! It's amazing how quickly we forget the resources right under our very noses

blakfeld on