As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Sorrow of Heaven] Mark of War

124»

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Having two reach-ers makes me think I'm not going to be able to as often as you think.

Our controller better inflict effects that give CA often, or your one striker won't be doing damage.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You don't have a controller. It's Artificer/Bard/Rogue/Fighter/Paladin at the moment.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You can flank with summoned creatures, right? My Artificer is going to have quite a few powers that make creatures, so hopefully that will help.

Also, it looks like Artificer powers are as much about Control as they are about Leading, so I should be able to help you get CA at least 1-2 times per encounter.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You can indeed flank with summoned creatures as long as they can make opportunity attacks.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Don't worry Rysk. If it gets right down to it, Tybalt will snap on his bayonet and march into melee to start stabbing like crazy. Sure, he'll get his face smashed in, but it'll be realistic.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What do you guys think about doing a community pot for this game? i.e. all our gold goes into a single pile and we make withdrawals when we want to buy or make something. I ask because in all likelihood I'm going to take the Master Crafter feat that lets me make magic items of Level+Intmod or lower, so we could potentially have most of our magic items be homemade. Pooling resources means that we could get better items sooner, and I know I never spend any of my gold, so it's not really helping anyone like that.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I actually think that's probably the intended way it's meant to work, given that PCs gain enough money to afford two items of a level lower than themselves. I haven't noticed any major balance disparities in my games over time due to PCs splitting up gold equally between them though.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm open to the idea. I've just realized that I have not recorded any monetary gains during our last two sessions. Have I missed them?

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't believe there has been any actually. It's about this time that I start to hand out less gold and instead convert it automatically into other items. Partly for pace and partly because you should be able to afford most rituals you want at this point with what gold there is.

We're not that far off the end now :D

Aegeri on