As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[World of Darkness] CCP + White Wolf = <3

• Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    or Hunter!

Hunter would be the best expansion ever

Only if it's oWoD. Then you could play one of those women drawn by that one artist who was obsessed with big chicks.

GungHo on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    NW Hunter is crazy. Not really better or worse.

Just crazy. So much stuff.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    New Hunter is as crazy or as not crazy as you want it to be. It's a toolkit designed to provide a foundation for every conceivable flavor of Hunter game you might imagine. Government black ops Hunter, crazy ass country club Hunters, modern Inquisitors for the Vatican Hunters, you name it.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    New Hunter is as crazy or as not crazy as you want it to be. It's a toolkit designed to provide a foundation for every conceivable flavor of Hunter game you might imagine. Government black ops Hunter, crazy ass country club Hunters, modern Inquisitors for the Vatican Hunters, you name it.

Street-walkin' Cheetah with a Heart Full of Napalm Hunter?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Pretty much like everything NW, which is what I like about it. Every game can use as much or as little of the material as you want.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

Yes, that one too.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yes, that one too.

I think the Stooges would make pretty good contract vampire hunters.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Minsc & Boo > The Three Stooges for vampire hunting

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Minsc & Boo > The Three Stooges for vampire hunting

No no no. Iggy Pop's band.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Huh, ironic, we were just talking about this in one of the MIRC RP channels I frequent (VTM, of course).

Needless to say I don't hold high hopes, but who knows? Maybe we won't be killing 50 ghouled rats in a basement.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Masume wrote: »
    Huh, ironic, we were just talking about this in one of the MIRC RP channels I frequent (VTM, of course).

Needless to say I don't hold high hopes, but who knows? Maybe we won't be killing 50 ghouled rats in a basement.

Coincidence =/= irony.

Unless you said it to annoy assholes who correct people on forums. In which case, well played.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just read that nothing is certain when it comes to what types of characters are "in" for WoD mmo. I thought I had heard that it was vamp/mage/wolf but guess I was wrong.

Personally I would not mind an all vampire game. Trying to squeeze wolf and mage in ontop of vampires [theres a dirty joke to be made there I'm sure!] doesn't sound like a good idea in my opinion anyway.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Masume wrote: »

Coincidence =/= irony.

Unless you said it to annoy assholes who correct people on forums. In which case, well played.

Ironic, that I had first written 'coincidentally' instead and changed it! :mrgreen:

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just read that nothing is certain when it comes to what types of characters are "in" for WoD mmo. I thought I had heard that it was vamp/mage/wolf but guess I was wrong.

Personally I would not mind an all vampire game. Trying to squeeze wolf and mage in ontop of vampires [theres a dirty joke to be made there I'm sure!] doesn't sound like a good idea in my opinion anyway.

If it's all Vampire then I think I'll pass.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wouldn't mind all Vampire, but I recoil at the idea of the community that'd it'd attract.

I realize that sounds awfully prejudiced of me, but I can't get the idea of being surrounded by ERPers, cutters, and the theater kids in high school who all hugged each other on Monday because they hadn't seen each other since Friday out of my head.

Basically, I believe the community will fuck up the experience, and take the game off the rails on the first damn day. It will be 10 times worse than you ever thought Lemon Lass was.

GungHo on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    or Hunter!

Hunter would be the best expansion ever

For a second there when you said Hunter I pictured a Warhammer Witch Hunter romping around in the Twilight universe.

And it was grand

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This would be the only game where I would actively try to ruin someone else's gaming experience by greifing the fuck out of them.

The game would probably attract an entire faction of players who's soul goal is fucking it up for Vampire RPers.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    This would be the only game where I would actively try to ruin someone else's gaming experience by greifing the fuck out of them.

The game would probably attract an entire faction of players who's soul goal is fucking it up for Vampire RPers.

Otherwise known as Hunters. :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Otherwise known as Hunters. :D

Really, that isn't that big of a leap from the source material. Part of the game is living in constant fear or something bigger and badder trying to kill you.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

If it's all Vampire then I think I'll pass.

The core of WoD has always been Mage/Vampire/Werewolf, so those three should at least be a given.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If Werewolf is included things are gonna get real yifftastic real fast.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mage is probably the only demographic that doesn't have some kind of negative stereotype in its fanbase.

Unless you're somehow opposed to SCIENCE!.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If Werewolf is included things are gonna get real yifftastic real fast.

I'd actually prefer that to the angsty teenage crowd.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Mage is probably the only demographic that doesn't have some kind of negative stereotype in its fanbase.

Unless you're somehow opposed to SCIENCE!.

Only SCIENCE! can save us from furries and goths.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GungHo wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind all Vampire, but I recoil at the idea of the community that'd it'd attract.

I realize that sounds awfully prejudiced of me, but I can't get the idea of being surrounded by ERPers, cutters, and the theater kids in high school who all hugged each other on Monday because they hadn't seen each other since Friday out of my head.

Basically, I believe the community will fuck up the experience, and take the game off the rails on the first damn day. It will be 10 times worse than you ever thought Lemon Lass was.

Sadly I'm inclinded to agree. My WoD experiences were great with a select few individuals who I was on the same page with as so far as playing a game where our PC's are vamps,mages,fae doing crazy stuff as determined by dice rolls.

The other players? Lets just say there is a reason I only play WoD games online and never in person. D:

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Only in the White Wolf community can somebody put up their custom made stat block and history for the Goddess of Vaginal Devouring and be lauded by everyone.

Everyone

Unironically

White Wolf official forums nevar forget.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i hope they add Hunters as a faction because it will give me the ability to grief vampire players and have it be appropriate to the game

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i hope they add Hunters as a faction because it will give me the ability to grief vampire players and have it be appropriate to the game

:^:

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I think it would be a great check against "undesirable" vampire pc's if we had Hunters that could weed them out from the general vamp population when they go running around Awe-ing and mind fudging every person they meet.

I really have no idea how this game can work without being 24/7 running gunfights in the streets between, well, everyone/thing.
    The option to play as a mortal police officer would be epic though:
    "I'm 6 days from retirement and I'm being shot at by a dude in a wolf costume, his underage goth vampire girlfriend and their wizard roomate! I'm too old for this *%(#$@!"

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

:^:

Hunters would make for great PvP, and while YES, I agree there are plenty of asshats who play these kinds of games, the same could be said for....well any RPG, really. Their just a subtype of nerd, which is what the hell we all are, eh?

Oh, and they are taking Pre-Orders for the Dresden RPG Core books, Magic Prime...I also have the new book on it's way now from Amazon. *cough*

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh yes. My new Dresden should be here any day now :)

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Can I be the Dean to your Sam?

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Modern Man wrote: »
    Can I be the Dean to your Sam?

You can be the Dean to my Hank.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sweet, that means I can be Brock.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sweet, that means I can be Brock.

You can be the Alchemist.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    God knows there will be plenty of Tristana's...

Galielmus on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Galielmus wrote: »

Who?

Or did you mean Triana?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Galielmus wrote: »

Who?

Or did you mean Triana?

Yes he ment Triana.

Yes I am Dr.Venture to your Hanks and Daves... Deans.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You people so crazaayyyy...

Where the hell is my Dresden book and why isn't it here yet??!?!

Masume on
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yes, Triana. That's who I meant. Someone has been playing too much League of Legends.

Oooo I can so be The Monarch.

Galielmus on