As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who gives a fuck about Captain America, let's talk about Penthouse Comix!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2010
    listen I'll sign your online petition for an archie dating sim later

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm thinking about binding some of my comics that I love and pass around to my friends a lot because it looks amazing.

http://librarybinding.com/images/bound-comics-examples_sm.jpg

I know I'm going to do Invincible and Fables for sure because those get around a lot.

I'm thinking of doing Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men too but I'm hesitant about that one because it's like 24 issues which means 1 volume and then 5-7 extras. Not enough to make a whole new volume but I don't want to include all the shitty new issues.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010
    Daric wrote: »
    I'm thinking about binding some of my comics that I love and pass around to my friends a lot because it looks amazing.

http://librarybinding.com/images/bound-comics-examples_sm.jpg

I know I'm going to do Invincible and Fables for sure because those get around a lot.

I'm thinking of doing Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men too but I'm hesitant about that one because it's like 24 issues which means 1 volume and then 5-7 extras. Not enough to make a whole new volume but I don't want to include all the shitty new issues.

Why don't you just buy the hardcovers for those books?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    or softcover trades
    they are like 12 dollars

humble on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So did you people hear about this GameCrush thing

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010
    oh dang it looks like the Y: The Last Man deluxe edition vol 1 is hard to find and expensive now

I knew I should've bought it when I saw it at B&N

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    man I want like an avengers game or something where you have missions or whatever and you can plan out your strategies or whatever ahead of time and have different ways of going through the same mission based on what kind of dudes you send at the problem or whatever

like you can send dudes to do a stealth takedown or you can just bust through a wall all ULTRON WE WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE

this will never happen but it would be rad is what I'm saying

So maybe something like Final Fantasy Tactics/FFTA2 but with the Avengers or do you mean something more Rainbow Six/SOCOM-ish?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Keith, that definitely looks cooler than the usual hardcovers.

it'd be a decent thing to do for an expansive collection that would be in a big fancy home library.

but yeah i agree if you're just passing them around to friends, just get the marvel hardcovers

t Geebs- listen, I just want a good Marvel fighting game using the currently decent roster of heroes.

OR a game where you can play as the Immortal Weapons. that game would be cool Mass Effect style as far as squad action goes. but then have Battlefield's mechanic of being able to swap into any character on your team

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    Playing as Catwoman with the Arkham Aslyum engine could be fun as hell

Oh fuck

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Owenashi wrote: »
    man I want like an avengers game or something where you have missions or whatever and you can plan out your strategies or whatever ahead of time and have different ways of going through the same mission based on what kind of dudes you send at the problem or whatever

like you can send dudes to do a stealth takedown or you can just bust through a wall all ULTRON WE WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE

this will never happen but it would be rad is what I'm saying

So maybe something like Final Fantasy Tactics/FFTA2 but with the Avengers or do you mean something more Rainbow Six/SOCOM-ish?

probably closer to the latter

mix it with xcom

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Futore wrote: »

it'd be a decent thing to do for an expansive collection that would be in a big fancy home library.

but yeah i agree if you're just passing them around to friends, just get the marvel hardcovers

t Geebs- listen, I just want a good Marvel fighting game using the currently decent roster of heroes.

OR a game where you can play as the Immortal Weapons. that game would be cool Mass Effect style as far as squad action goes. but then have Battlefield's mechanic of being able to swap into any character on your team

i thought marvel was making a fighting game?
    what happened to that

humble on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The covers might look cooler, but the paper quality is going to be issue-fare (which, in the case of fables, is crap) and just standard comic size, whereas the hardcovers are oversized and usually have extras

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    the one problem I had with arkham asylum was that everyone looked so fucking veiny

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    humble wrote: »

what happened to that

There was Marvel Nemesis, you might be thinking of that. It was not well received.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    or softcover trades
    they are like 12 dollars

I have the trades. I'm going to turn the trades into hardcovers.

1) Absolute/Omnibus editions of these are like $200

2) I have 13 trades of Fables. That's really hard to keep track of when I have friends borrowing them and such. Condensing that into 4 hardcover volumes is easier to keep track of.

3) It looks better. I like to bring girls over to my apartment and shelves full of easily identifiable comic books are not a turn-on. Hardcover editions of what appear to be encyclopedias though won't draw their attention but will still allow me to enjoy my comics.

Daric on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    seriously though now you can pay girls to play video games with you

video game hos are the wave of the future

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    they were working on a new marvel fighting game, I think, but it kind of fell through

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    nope there was a new one

humble on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Woodroez wrote: »

what happened to that

There was Marvel Nemesis, you might be thinking of that. It was not well received.

there was Nemesis, then this game was supposed to be made

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24423.html

then there was Marvel Online which changed to Champions

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    oh no the ladies might see my comic books! what will they do when they find out I watched the iron man movie???

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dear God

When Stan Lee tweets he tweets up a fucking storm

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the one problem I had with arkham asylum was that everyone looked so fucking veiny

that's the unreal engine for ya

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There's always the rumor of Marvel vs Capcom 3, gets brought up every month or two

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    stan lee's twitter is now my second favorite twitter

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

What's your favorite

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    or softcover trades
    they are like 12 dollars

3) It looks better. I like to bring girls over to my apartment and shelves full of easily identifiable comic books are not a turn-on. Hardcover editions of what appear to be encyclopedias though won't draw their attention but will still allow me to enjoy my comics.

this is easily one of the stupidest fucking things i have read on the internet

humble on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh the best part about this gamecrush thing is that you can specify whether you want the "services" to be "Flirty" or "Dirty"

gamers

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    or softcover trades
    they are like 12 dollars

As much as I don't like paying a lot for comics and that's why I exclusively buy softcover trades, those library bindings look amazing

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    or softcover trades
    they are like 12 dollars

this is easily one of the stupidest fucking things i have read on the internet

Listen, when I have these girls in my rape cave I don't want the possibilities of one of them breaking out and the police being able to identify me because "I don't know what he looked like officer but he had every issue of Power Girl"

Daric on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

What's your favorite

j jonah jameson's

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I always made it a point to talk about liking comics and nerd things to potential date girls. I mean, it's something I like, why hide it? If that's the deal breaker for someone, then I don't want to date them anyway.

Langly on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

What's your favorite

j jonah jameson's

It is so fucking good, my god

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    imagine that! Daric picking shitty girls

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MH79 wrote: »

What's your favorite

j jonah jameson's

It is so fucking good, my god
    TOTAL NUMBER OF PENCILS SNAPPED WHILE STARING AT PETER PARKER BEFORE HE GOT THE HINT AND LEFT MY OFFICE: SEVEN
    Stan Lee wrote:
    For the record, the multi\-talented Mr. Smith and I have never discussed a Mall Rats sequel! Besides, my cameo price has doubled since then!

Man, I don't know

They're both great

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    PARKER WHEN I ASK IF YOU TOOK PHOTOS OF THAT THING WITH THE GOBLIN AND SPIDER-MAN AT THE BRIDGE, BREAKING DOWN AND SOBBING IS NOT AN ANSWER.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

what no man ultimate frisbeers get all the hot bitches

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010

what no man ultimate frisbeers get all the hot bitches

No dude please, just call it Ultimate
    They don't use Frisbee brand flying discs because they aren't the right weight

Jeez man, I'm embarrassed for you

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Me too that was a really stupid mistake on your part

Daric on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    douchebag.jpg

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PARKER WHEN I ASK IF YOU TOOK PHOTOS OF THAT THING WITH THE GOBLIN AND SPIDER-MAN AT THE BRIDGE, BREAKING DOWN AND SOBBING IS NOT AN ANSWER.

That one made me lose it. So good.

GreasyKidsStuff on
This discussion has been closed.