As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who gives a fuck about Captain America, let's talk about Penthouse Comix!

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fuck it, I'll post everything here

The Good, the Bad, and the Weird is getting released in the States

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjm9gAjgRuU

Hogwarts almost burned down this past weekend

Bryan Singer really wants to make X-Men: First Class, along with X-Men 4, and maybe Wolverine 2, but Warner Bros. might try to cock-block him

Michael Bay is ramping up on Transformers 3
    Transformers 3 has been going very well. We are going to shoot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China. On the talent front, we just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with. We also just got Ken Jeong, he is the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from “Hangover” and the Doctor from “Knocked Up.”

We start shooting pre-shoots in about one month.

I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.

And we know at least one guy in the running for directing The Avengers
    I am on the shortlist, but I'm at the bottom of the shortlist, I'm sure. (Laughs) I don't know who the other guys are, but I have a great relationship with [Marvel], and I've been very vocal to them and everyone else that I am the one to direct it. I loved my time at Marvel. I loved those guys. They're fantastic. Kevin is such a passionate boss; he gets his hands dirty. It's a universe I want to keep exploring. I was frustrated with [The Incredible Hulk]. It was like, "That's it? Only one superhero? Can I do more???" We'll see. Time will tell.

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    1867_4_0128.jpg

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think the 'Tony's not a hero' argument will fly here. Even back in the day when he went nuts shutting down copycats during the Armor Wars, it's been for the general good. No matter what his friends or the public think of him afterwards.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    who really cares about Transformers 3

honestly

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zonugal being the silliest goose in this thread.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I don't think the 'Tony's not a hero' argument will fly here. Even back in the day when he went nuts shutting down copycats during the Armor Wars, it's been for the general good. No matter what his friends or the public think of him afterwards.

I think it was largely his actions during Civil War that tarnished anything I would think of him.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tony Stark intentionally gave himself brain damage to prevent Norman Osborn from getting his hands on the secret identities of all the registered heroes.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Branagh's Thor will be the most amazing thing this year

besides Tron

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh fuck yes The Good The Bad and The Weird

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    isn't civil war the number one example of a character acting completely out of character / being portrayed as a colossal dick and monster for no particular reason

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tony Stark actually wasn't portrayed out of character in the main series, now some of the supplemental books like Front Line did have him out of character, but that was more of a case of just bad writing.

And seriously, if you people are still uptight about Tony from Civil War, you clearly have not read The Confession.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey, all I know is...

blargh.jpg

Zonugal on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yep, zonugal is too scared to troll graphic violence

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey, it's not like I'm saying the entire series is awful or that Tony Stark is an uninteresting character in any sense but I happen to find his credentials of a hero to be sleight at best.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tony was Secretary of Defense, Director of S.H.E.I.L.D., put together Operation Lighting Storm, was instrumental in destroying the Kree Supreme Intelligence, gave Nick Fury his damn job,

Tony has always been the hero willing to take on the heavy burdens so that his friends don't have to.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    well you are a silly goose

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Weaver wrote: »
    Tony has always been the hero willing to take on the heavy burdens so that his friends don't have to as long as they help his business.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Agree to Disagree? Eh?

I think this road has taken us to it's end.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No. I don't agree to that.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Can you at least give that example some context, I vaguely remember something like that but I also remember it being completely reasonable and logical and I don't feel like going through my Omnibus.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    For decades Stark Industries has been kept around only to fund his armors, the Avengers, supply S.H.E.I.L.D. or, well, fund the Avengers.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Can you at least give that example some context, I vaguely remember something like that but I also remember it being completely reasonable and logical and I don't feel like going through my Omnibus.

It was when the Russian guy was pretty close to buying out Stark's corporation and the situation was going against that guy as Iron Man, which would show a conflict of interest for Tony.

I mean, it was a harsh moment but non the less he stepped down from helping out Captain America.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tony Stark helped capture the Man-Thing and subject him to the emotional impact of a theatre full of scared citizens. Fuck him.
    :P

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Admittedly, it's hard for me to find fault with Tony due to all the various armors he's made over the years. Especially this one.

IROMcover33F.jpg

Probably one of the best 2.0 heroes Marvel's got.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ok so being smart enough to not put himself into a situation where Stark Industries would get bought by a terrorist makes him not a hero?

That is beyond dumb, that would have been way worse than anything else that could have happened! Besides he still helped him as much as he could, he just could not be seen to do it publicly.

You know, like when Captain America agreed to help Nick Fury with his covert invasion of Latveria.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Ok so being smart enough to not put himself into a situation where Stark Industries would get bought by a terrorist makes him not a hero?

That is beyond dumb, that would have been way worse than anything else that could have happened! Besides he still helped him as much as he could, he just could not be seen to do it publicly.

You know, like when Captain America agreed to help Nick Fury with his covert invasion of Latveria.

He put his company above doing the heroic thing. You can accept the utilitarian calculation here but non the less the Russian terrorist won, in either case.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    you have a very poor definition of heroic

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm sorry but letting Stark Industries get bought out by a terrorist is no way equals the heroic thing.

He has employees to protect not to mention that losing the company would completely hamstring his ability to even be Iron Man.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, the news that Bryan Singer wants to start making X-Men films again is the best news ever

Fucking Brett Ratner and his fucking stupid bullshit aaargh

besides Tron

I'm really really curious about Thor because it's the one movie that I don't have any idea how I would do it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010

besides Tron

but it doesn't come out this year

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Start it out focusing on Donald Blake, who begins having vivid dreams of his life as Thor, leading to waking visions and as Donald gets more and more caught up in the Midgard fallout of the troubles in Asgard he learns who he is sharing a body with and has to regain his position as Thor.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Weaver wrote: »
    Start it out focusing on Donald Blake, who begins having vivid dreams of his life as Thor, leading to waking visions and as Donald gets more and more caught up in the Midgard fallout of the troubles in Asgard he learns who he is sharing a body with and has to regain his position as Thor.

So most of the movie would be about him finding the cane?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Keith wrote: »

besides Tron

Fiscal year

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2010

besides Tron

Fiscal year

whose?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

besides Tron

Fiscal year

whose?
    mine

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

besides Tron

Fiscal year

whose?
    mine

6fy4w0.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hahaha

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wait a minute what the fuck are both Frances McDormand and John Malkovich doing in Transformers 3

edit: also guys watch this trailer but be warned there is a brief titty shot (link does not go directly to video)
    edit 2: don't worry, it's a French adventure film called The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec and it's directed by Luc Besson

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait a minute what the fuck are both Frances McDormand and John Malkovich doing in Transformers 3

edit: also guys watch this trailer but be warned there is a brief titty shot (link does not go directly to video)

getting paid, son

DouglasDanger on
This discussion has been closed.