As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

YouTube Poop: All Toasters Make Lots Of Spaghetti For Dinner! Squadalah!

Bad AspBad Asp Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Okay, I just thought there'd be a thread discussing this viral phenomenon on YouTube called the YouTube Poop, because I just can't seem to find one anywhere.

Anyway, just in case you don't know what a YouTube Poop is, let me explain:

A YouTube Poop, or YTP for short, is a video mashup containing whatever you want in it, whether it's music, footage from a cartoon series or a video game series... completely remixed to your liking, and as random as you want it to be.

Some of the most common source material for YTPs includes footage from CD-i games, particularly "The Big Three", aka Hotel Mario, Wand of Gamelon, and Faces of Evil. Other source material includes the Super Mario Bros. cartoon series, the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon series... and possibly a whole lot of other cartoon series based on video games!

I myself have come up with my very own YTP series known as "ESINEM", and the main source material is the Sam and Max cartoon series from 1997! Take a look, and prepare to be sucked into a world of crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4HlnobOqkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTXoAENG_pA

Bad Asp on

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How is this any different from the thousand of shitty anime music videos that have plagued the internet since the dawn of time?

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A sense of random, awful, but occasionally funny humor and old cartoons, rather than CRAWWWWWWWWWLING INNN MYYYY SKIIIIIIIINN and Naruto/Bleach.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bad Asp wrote: »
    A YouTube Poop, or YTP for short, is a video mashup containing whatever you want in it

So it's just shit on YouTube?

What an apt moniker.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    A YouTube Poop, or YTP for short, is a video mashup containing whatever you want in it

So it's just shit on YouTube?

What an apt moniker.

That depends on how good you are at making one.

Okay, I admit it, I'm probably not the best at this, and could never compare to someone like, say, Deepercutt, or Stegblob... but I think I'm getting there.

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, I admit it, I'm probably not the best at this, and could never compare to someone like, say, Deepercutt, or Stegblob... but I think I'm getting there.

Ahh yes, don't we all aspire to be as good as the great Stegblob

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dadaism had its place but youtube is not it.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fireflash wrote: »
    How is this any different from the thousand of shitty anime music videos that have plagued the internet since the dawn of time?

Well, they're less likely to get removed by WMG, for one thing...

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

But that was actually funny.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomBomb wrote: »
    But that was actually funny.

Well, yeah, good point.

Feral on

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What did I just watch?

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I made another one. I couldn't resist, hee hee... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq_b5GLOm6w

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fireflash wrote: »

They can be really, really, really funny, but yeah most are like you say

For example, OVER 9000! is an example of a good YTP

Rent on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, aren't you just advertising your own videos?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So? I have a passion for YTP, and if I want to channel that energy into making a 26-episode YTP series, then so be it!

Yep. I said 26 episodes.

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

My god that was amazing.

Melkster on
  • Options
    LieberkuhnLieberkuhn __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Japanese Ronald McDonald makes particularly fine YTP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFvRL38NuM

As for words being replaced by nonsense, this is beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5VGfR-c4Q

Finally, we can't show wacky TNG edits without including one of Andrew Hussie's magnificant, horrifying masterpieces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-VIA1GUCY

Lieberkuhn on
    While you eat, let's have a conversation about the nature of consent.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Japanese Ronald McDonald makes particularly fine YTP:

I know, right? RAN RAN RUUU!!! You just got McRoll'd!

Perhaps THE most famous of all of these is the at-least-five-minute-long video set to the tune of "U. N. Owen Was Her"! What could "U. N. Owen" refer to... Owen Wilson? Owen from Total Drama Island? Who is he, and why does he apparently work for the United Nations? But wait... the title of the song is "U. N. Owen Was HER", so maybe this Owen is a female? I don't know of any girls named Owen...

(Note: I used several soundbites from the Japanese McDonald's commercials in my YTP, including "Ran Ran Ru"!)

Bad Asp on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    don't do this

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.