Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

CD-drive help [solved]

tony_importanttony_important Registered User
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, my fucking sister kicked my CD drive on my computer.

Now it wont close.

I'd like to fix it. Any suggestions?

tony_important on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's probably jumped the track or the gears internally. You pretty much need to buy a new one.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User
    edited January 2007
    yea, it's a good thing CD drives don't cost much

pasigfa7.jpg
  • robaalrobaal Registered User
    edited January 2007
    CD drives aren't that complex, so taking it apart is rather easy. I don't know if you'll be able to fix it if it's physically damaged though...

If you're going to buy an optical drive then, unless you can't spare the cash, a DVD burner would be a good idea, as they can read and write both CDs and DVDs. They also cost only ~$20 more than a CD-ROM drive. Some good brands are LG, NEC, Pioneer...

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

• tony_importanttony_important Registered User
    edited January 2007
    robaal wrote:
    CD drives aren't that complex, so taking it apart is rather easy. I don't know if you'll be able to fix it if it's physically damaged though...

If you're going to buy an optical drive then, unless you can't spare the cash, a DVD burner would be a good idea, as they can read and write both CDs and DVDs. They also cost only ~$20 more than a CD-ROM drive. Some good brands are LG, NEC, Pioneer...

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm upgrading.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]