As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where to find a marching band / corded vest?

EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay! I am putting a costume together, here.

commissar.jpg

I have... a lot of this stuff, actually. What I don't have is the corded-looking vest.

I'm trying to find this for really cheap. I've been looking around at places like the Salvation Army, but I haven't found anything suitable yet.

Since the epaulets I'm looking at attaching the coat to are gold cord, I'd love if I could find a vest with similar gold cording. I'm not entirely sure what to search for, though - 'marching band vest' is the closest I've come to finding similar stuff...

Anyone with a good idea, here? I'm not handy enough to just grab gold cord and make my own, or I would.

Ein on

• Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Try a military surplus store. You can probably get the overcoat and some epaulets from there.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    exmelloexmello Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Usually drum corps these days sell off their uniforms as a package to marching bands and not individually. It's part of their whole equipment lifecycle: Get it cheap from sponsors, then sell it off a few years later.

Years ago they used to wear them until they were ratty and disgusting and then they would pretty much give them away or sell them as souvenirs. Because of this you sometimes can find something on ebay.

exmello on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ein, See my post in the 40k thread.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.