As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Drupal and CCK problem

clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
Basically, I'm trying to make a list content type using the CCK module. Essentially, I want it to be of whatever size needed (Unlimited number of values for the field within the list type).

Problem is, I want each of these items numbered.

Right now, It displays:
1: item 1
    item 2
    item 3
And the "1" is currently the name of the field itself.

When I want:
1: item 1
2: item 2
3: item 3

How can I do this?

clsCorwin on

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hey there,

you can definitely theme it to be an Ordered List. I haven't thought enough about it yet to tell you a definitive way, but if that sounds enticing to you and you want to hear more, I will supply more details.

(I'm super happy to be able to actually help someone on these forums!)

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Indeed that would be helpful. I'm currently trying to chug through some documentation on themes and whatever Theme related info is in Using Drupal.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You can use the content templates module, but depending on how you want these to display, it may even be easier: are you using views?

Can you post a link to the output and some more details about how you are trying to do this?

It sounds like you have a content type, and you enter in an item, and it displays somewhere on the site, I'd assume with Views. If that is the case, you go to views, and you click on "style" and choose HTML list. Then you choose ordered list. Super simple, that way!

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I actually jjust installed content templates, but it doesn't look like it will do what I want. It'll let me change Body/Teaser/RSS, but not text fields.

Right now, I'm not doing anything with views yet. Eventually I will, but I just want my list working first. But, I'll try playing with views later, but I have nothing set up for it currently.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    so this is one piece of content (one node) with tons of text fields? If you went with views and made it separate nodes for each one, you'd be able to make it a list very easily through that: the way you are doing it, maybe this module can help:

http://drupal.org/project/custom_formatters

I think this will let you do it without mucking about in templates and overrides, which is messy.

streever on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That may be doable, but I'm not sure yet. Right now I'm just getting the basics working, but eventually I want my list to be dynamic, in that each item of the list can be upvoted/downvoted. Not sure if that would be easier or harder as multiple nodes.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WAY easier. I don't think it's even possible the way you are trying it, honestly. If you use the vote api + views + cck you can definitely do it, and you don't even need extra modules/themeing. I'd go with the views implementation now: I can even give you a file you can import into views that will automatically list an unlimited number of items in an ordered list, if you like.

streever on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That would probably be very helpful for me understanding how to actually work with views.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    No go on Views.

clsCorwin on