Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Weeaboo] Because foreign children's shows are way better than domestic

• RustRust __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2010
    bleach and naruto spoilers this week are fucking bananas

bleach
    Spoiler:

naruto
    Spoiler:

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »

bleach
    Spoiler:

naruto
    Spoiler:

Bleach
    Spoiler:

Naruto
    Spoiler:

• SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just finished watching Kannazuki no Miko.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much going in but by the end I was really enjoying it. Starts off pretty slow and seems to be pretty standard, if a bit boring. But then the whole thing just becomes amazing. Basic idea is that the ends of days is approaching (In the form of 8 "Orochis") and only two girls have the power to stop it.

Spoilered synopsis and thoughts (Also big ass story spoilers, you have been warned.)
    Spoiler:

In short, slow start, but damned good story overall and I'm very glad I watched it. Real tearjerker at times so be prepared for that if you want to tackle this series. It's only 12 eps but honestly I couldn't imagine it being more (too emotionally draining to last more than 12 eps). If you plan on checking it out, stick with it all the way and you won't be sorry.
    This post earns my approval. :^:

Kannazuki no Miko was a great series that more people should watch. ;_;
    Falx wrote: »
    Aroduc wrote: »
    fluter.jpg

You know I probably should have admitted this earlier... but I only get maybe 4 out of every 10 random picture references you post.

This isn't one of those four.

Alternately:
    This one time, at band camp...
    It's a manga spoiler for Kannazuki.

Huge spoiler
    Spoiler:
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    naruto
    Spoiler:
    Naruto
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Hey B:L, I gots a question for you! If Rosario is Anime Twilight, does it also have imprinting? Or did America outdo Japan on the creepiness there?

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

naruto
    Spoiler:

Oh God damn, why did I read this spoiler? Wish I had saved that for when I read it proper.

iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »

bleach
    Spoiler:

naruto
    Spoiler:

Bleach
    Spoiler:

Naruto
    Spoiler:

Bleach finally sounds good for a change.

Naruto: o_OO_oo_OO_oo_OO_o

• RustRust __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2010
    honestly i wouldn't be surprised if those naruto spoilers were an elaborate april fool's joke

remember that a year ago someone took the time to do an extremely detailed page of one piece that had everyone convinced luffy had turned into a woman

edited March 2010
    honestly i wouldn't be surprised if those naruto spoilers were an elaborate april fool's joke

remember that a year ago someone took the time to do an extremely detailed page of one piece that had everyone convinced luffy had turned into a woman

True and it was good, but it also made sense to some extent.

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much going in but by the end I was really enjoying it. Starts off pretty slow and seems to be pretty standard, if a bit boring. But then the whole thing just becomes amazing. Basic idea is that the ends of days is approaching (In the form of 8 "Orochis") and only two girls have the power to stop it.

Spoilered synopsis and thoughts (Also big ass story spoilers, you have been warned.)
    Spoiler:

In short, slow start, but damned good story overall and I'm very glad I watched it. Real tearjerker at times so be prepared for that if you want to tackle this series. It's only 12 eps but honestly I couldn't imagine it being more (too emotionally draining to last more than 12 eps). If you plan on checking it out, stick with it all the way and you won't be sorry.

fluter.jpg

You know I probably should have admitted this earlier... but I only get maybe 4 out of every 10 random picture references you post.

Alternately:

Huge spoiler
    Spoiler:

Wow.

I'm not ever watching that. I have a low tolerance of emotional trauma type stuff.

Hisao? What's the word for when it feels in your heart that everything in the world is alright?

STEAM
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Full Naruto spoilers for complete hilarity:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

camo_sig2.png
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Spoiler:

fluter.jpg

Alternately:

Huge spoiler
    Spoiler:

Wow.

I'm not ever watching that. I have a low tolerance of emotional trauma type stuff.

She gets better.

edited March 2010
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Makes enough sense, and fits the character who's doing it.

iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2010
    Huh... I dunno why but I could've sworn BakaTest only had 13 episodes.

Oh well... have to admit I didn't see that ending coming.

o_O

Have you been hitting the rum before noon again?

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey B:L, I gots a question for you! If Rosario is Anime Twilight, does it also have imprinting? Or did America outdo Japan on the creepiness there?

Damnit Spec, I put in the qualifier "BUT GOOD" for a reason.

There's no imprinting so yes Japan has been outdone when comparing R+V to Twilight.

That's why Japan later made Dance in the Vampire Bund. It cannot be defeated.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2010

o_O

So you're saying the plucky heroes don't normally win against the antagonists after leveling their powers up across the course of a series? Because that's what it looked like to me.

Though I have to remember it's a comedy series. Watching people fail despite giving their best is classic comedy.

Hisao? What's the word for when it feels in your heart that everything in the world is alright?

STEAM
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bremen wrote: »

Spoiler:

fluter.jpg

Alternately:

Huge spoiler
    Spoiler:

Wow.

She gets better.

It's actually a bit disturbing how quickly she gets better, but that seems to be in the nature of her character.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
  • SenshiSenshi Registered User
    edited March 2010
    ITT kannaduki love
    Spoiler:

(spoilered for size)

Edit: oh wait i'm jailed

click the link

>Signatures
    >2012
    ISHYGDDT
  • JouleJoule Registered User
    edited March 2010

o_O

So you're saying the plucky heroes don't normally win against the antagonists after leveling their powers up across the course of a series? Because that's what it looked like to me.

Though I have to remember it's a comedy series. Watching people fail despite giving their best is classic comedy.

No he's saying that it is 13 episodes.

• AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2010
    And hasn't ended.

edited March 2010
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

edited March 2010
    And hasn't ended.

So this one time on the forums I typed 13 when I actually intended to type 12 and looked rather silly.

STEAM
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

edited March 2010
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Spoiler:

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Naruto:
    Spoiler:

Well you could've at least given something more plausable.
    Spoiler:

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • SenshiSenshi Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Bleach is gonna be so boss this week.

Even better next week when we
    Spoiler:

>Signatures
    >2012
    ISHYGDDT
    edited March 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Naruto:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey! Don't diss the R+V manga! It's pretty damn awesome/enjoyable. And one can not deny that the manga hero is a true bro as well as a ghoul badass.
    Spoiler:

Now the anime? Go ahead. It's a load of crap. They make the main pathetic, strip out most of the story/tension, and turn it into a monster of the week series.

Yeah, I always liked that moment in the Manga. Has a very Chow Yun Fat feel to it.

"I've got fun in both hands and I can fuck you up with either hand."

We need more references to Chow Yun Fat in Manga. So far, Black Lagoon has been my only source.

Toldo wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Skinny guys fight till their burger. Screw debates lets have Barack Obama and Willard Romney rumble in the mofoing jungle.
    Obama punches Romney.
    "Okay, now wait a minute. You've had your turn. Let me have a turn. Wait a minute," Romney says.
    Obama punches Romney.
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've really come to enjoy Yankeen-kun to Megane-Chan.

Has anybody thought that if this ever gets animated and exported that JYB would play the male lead perfectly?

Toldo wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Skinny guys fight till their burger. Screw debates lets have Barack Obama and Willard Romney rumble in the mofoing jungle.
    Obama punches Romney.
    "Okay, now wait a minute. You've had your turn. Let me have a turn. Wait a minute," Romney says.
    Obama punches Romney.
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds is pumped-up. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just finished KnM. Manly tears have been shed. Oh god have manly tears been shed. D:

citfotnsmanlytears.png

// FF14: Phyress Traydor, Spoony Bard @ Sargatanas //
    // PSN: vagrant_winds // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 //
    // Steam, LoL, & WiiU: VWinds // Livestream //
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I finally read the OP. "Just wait through the first 9 episodes and then it gets great." Of course it is a 13 episode series. Hilarious.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I finally read the OP. "Just wait through the first 9 episodes and then it gets great." Of course it is a 13 episode series. Hilarious.

I think you crossed the streams.

TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bremen wrote: »
    *snip*

Alternately:

Huge spoiler
    Spoiler:

Wow.

She gets better.

It's actually a bit disturbing how quickly she gets better, but that seems to be in the nature of her character.
    Falx what the hell. Why did you click that spoiler if you weren't aware of at least the anime plot.

Seriously don't be a silly goose and just watch the show. Low tolerance of emotional trauma? o_O

I mean, it's not like I'm making you watch Saikano here.

Damnit Spec, I put in the qualifier "BUT GOOD" for a reason.

There's no imprinting so yes Japan has been outdone when comparing R+V to Twilight.

That's why Japan later made Dance in the Vampire Bund. It cannot be defeated.
    Maybe you should change the thread title to '= Anime Twilight BUT GOOD', then!
    Naruto:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I'll be honest, I would watch the HELL out of the show that B:L suggested.
    Spoiler:

C'mon, it'd be sweet.
    Just finished KnM. Manly tears have been shed. Oh god have manly tears been shed. D:

citfotnsmanlytears.png
    :^:

• SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not gonna lie, I completely avoided the last thread because of the title.
    Good job

PASig.png
    Heavy Metal Jedi GT: Zerostar781
    edited March 2010
    Not gonna lie, I completely avoided the last thread because of the title.
    Good job

Really? Hmm I don't remember the title I've only really started in on the thread this time around. I thought I heard it had something to do with The Nanoha series though, Which if I remember correctly was a damned good series.

Am I missing something here?

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shenanigans making it contain "pedophiles" throughout.

TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
    edited March 2010
    Infidel wrote: »

Ah that would explain it. I didn't realize the title was messed with I thought it was just the OP.

edited March 2010

Ah that would explain it. I didn't realize the title was messed with I thought it was just the OP.
    Lord no. They screwed with the title several times. You can see all the iterations if you do view printable and just go forward pages at a time.

edited March 2010

Lord no. They screwed with the title several times. You can see all the iterations if you do view printable and just go forward pages at a time.

In that case y ou'll just have to make the Next one so Amazing they wouldn't dare mess with it :winky:

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Hey! Don't diss the R+V manga! It's pretty damn awesome/enjoyable. And one can not deny that the manga hero is a true bro as well as a ghoul badass.
    Spoiler:

Now the anime? Go ahead. It's a load of crap. They make the main pathetic, strip out most of the story/tension, and turn it into a monster of the week series.

Yeah, I always liked that moment in the Manga. Has a very Chow Yun Fat feel to it.

"I've got fun in both hands and I can fuck you up with either hand."

We need more references to Chow Yun Fat in Manga. So far, Black Lagoon has been my only source.

What Chapter is this? I'm as far as the Gremlin attacking the plane.

edited March 2010
    hmm..Vagrant's image makes want to read this R+V, but the OP makes me not want to read it.

What the ratio of badass to harem/twighlightyness?

This discussion has been closed.