As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Video and Audio are Rivals? [PC Problem]

CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So... I've had a bizarre problem for a while, and I figure I should finally find a way to get it fixed. Here's how my computer reacts to various situations:

-Playing a video that's downloaded on my computer, full-screen or not: Video is fine, audio is fine

-Playing a video that I'm streaming online, not full-screened: Video is fine, audio is fine

-Playing a video that I'm streaming online, full-screened: Video is fine, audio has static.

-Playing a computer game in windowed mode and listening to Pandora: In-game video and audio is always fine. Pandora audio becomes laggy and literally slows down when I'm looking at something in game that requires a lot of video processing (like an entire forest) but then the audio speeds back up and becomes clear if I look straight down, which requires less video processing I imagine.

-Playing a streaming video in one window of Firefox while surfing the forums in another window of Firefox: No static noises unless I try to resize the forums-window, which causes text realignment.

I don't get it. Why is this static & lagginess only impacting my computer when it does a lot of video processing? Why does it only do it for the online audio but not the downloaded or in-game audio? It's not like the video isn't fully buffered before I play it. What's with the static? That doesn't sound like a fighting-for-resources symptom at all.

My computer is very well upgraded, and I run on 24 inch wide-screen monitor (in case size of monitor matters). My computer was recently defragged, Ad-aware scanned, and I checked all the drivers.

Help!

Cognisseur on

• Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone? No one has any ideas?

Cognisseur on