As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinched Nerve?

Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry!Owl York CityRegistered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My girlfriend is lying in bed with a sharp pain in her back under her left shoulder. I've tried massaging it to help, but the pain only fades for a bit and then comes back.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be and how it can be helped? We think it could be a pinched nerve, but we're not sure.

Rear Admiral Choco on

• Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    go to the doctor

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Pinched nerves are about that level of pain it seems. You should go to a doctor if it's in an area like that; I have pinched the nerve on my neck twice, and in both cases it was pain for 24 hours and soreness the next twelve.

It's really creepy stuff. You can't lean your neck to the side without pulling your head with your hands, and then there is excruciating pain.

Black Ice on
  • Options
    MillowMillow Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've pinched the nerve in my neck once, it stiffened up and was quite painful to move. A hot shower really loosened it up. I went to the doctor and all he said was to get some of that OTC stuff Robaxacet or whatever, the stuff that used to have the comercials with the wooden puppets. It worked, it didn't fully heal for 4 or 5 days those, there was still some restricted movement and soreness.

Millow on