Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

1246772

Posts

  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Hate: American servers in the only battlegroup with Oceanic servers. I know, there'd be terrible queues if they weren't there, but it's still annoying being sapped on my epic mount knowing that I'd never be able to do that to someone else.

  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Wondered why I hadn't gotten a raid invite, even though it was past invite time. Go to check the raid calender to see if the time had changed and discover I have been put on standby. Wasn't standby the night before when I was in the raid, wasn't standby when the raid ended, wasn't standby when everyone said 'See you tomorrow', but today, at raid time, its standby. And the raid leaders didn't have the balls to say a word to me about it, they just changed the sign up at the last minute and left me to deal with it. Had to chase one down and corner him to find out that I was on standby because "Oh, we need more DPS for tonight."

    Hate: I get put on standby, but the two other paladin offtanks in the raid that I outgear are still confirmed.

    Happy: At least being April Fools Day, I had a good reason besides my own pissed off vengeance to fill the entire guild bank with wool cloth.

    Hope: it takes the raid leader, guild leader, and guild officer I mailed the contents of the bank to, at least half the time to put everything back as it took for me to fill the whole thing with wool.

    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, I feel I should warn you: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Decomposey: lol

    Happy: Dreamwalker is easy, lol.

    Happy: after 2 attempts on sindragosa we got her to phase 3 (20% to boot before someone messes up). Though phase3 is like the other two phases on crack.

    Hilarious: watching the dps burn the ice tombs right after the third frost bolt.

    Weird happy: We found out that the original team had tried to sabotage us by taking all the rest of the good people for the third team because one of the officers doesn't want us beating him to the LK. As it stands, we'll probably get him first.
    Spoiler:

  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    How was this different than before?

  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    Yes, but it is made up for when you kill 4 people on the other team with one howling blast. Once I started to approach 1K resilience it is like I became death.

  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    Battlegrounds have always been like that. Anyone can get in, and that usually means undergeared people. If you were to compare PvP to PvE, BGs would be heroics and Arena would be raiding.

    Battle.net friend code thing: Phender#1108
    My wwwyzzerdd Andy!
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

    The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.

  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

    The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.
    The worst thing was those guys fighting in the middle of WSG, and on the roads in AB were being rewarded more than the people playing around the objectives.

  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

    The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.

    We've been doing ok recently.

  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

    The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.
    The worst thing was those guys fighting in the middle of WSG, and on the roads in AB were being rewarded more than the people playing around the objectives.

    Don't you get bonus honor for standing close to objectives now even if you don't personally kill anyone? I stood near the black smith flag during a battle, didn't touch anyone and came out near the top for HKs.

  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You get a buff standing near the flags in AB, at least. It's a pretty cool idea. :^:

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

    The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.

    We've been doing ok recently.

    Huh, I may give it a try again. Does Horde still try to do the Alterac Blitz (and fail) every match?

  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    English is a stupid language that is impossible to understand. :(

    Hate: it.

    well, hate trying to grasp the fucker, enjoy it's uses

    its uses. :)

    You are evil

    I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    You get a buff standing near the flags in AB, at least. It's a pretty cool idea. :^:

    You get that buff anywhere you try to defend a flag
    For the most part it's nice or a light for moths I have no figured out which it is.


    A real hate is I bought the pvp gear and do far more damage than that crappy tier 9 set
    So close to getting the tier 10 only weeks away. In the april fools from yesterday I did ninja the tier 8 gloves and cheese my way to epic

    A.jpg
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User
    edited April 2010
    The guaranteed honor even for losing has attracted a whole new level of scrub, plus tons of bots.

  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

    To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

    The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.

    We've been doing ok recently.

    Huh, I may give it a try again. Does Horde still try to do the Alterac Blitz (and fail) every match?

    OK, you may want to try everything but AV. Never ever ever go back into AV.

  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Blitz doesn't work anymore. They keep buffing the aura that the warmasters give off.

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Doesn't stop them from trying.

  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    During the AV holiday last weekend I saw it work six times in a row. It helped that it was basically the same group requeuing as soon as the BG ended so that they would get in the same group. It was pretty much run like a raid and went smooth as butter every time. Unfortunately you usually have people who are all, "lets zerg" 30 seconds before the battle is about to start and then calling everyone else failures when it magically doesn't work.

  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User
    edited April 2010
    3/31

    The talent Brain Freeze should no longer to be triggered by casting the spell Frostfire Bolt.
    Scourgelord Tyrannus should no longer remount Rimefang during the encounter.
    Revenge can now only be used once for each time it activates.
    The damage buff the generals in Alterac Valley receive from the tower guards has been increased.

    03/26
    The Endless Healing Potion is no longer usable in arenas as intended.
    Warlock’s using a lower rank of Life Tap will receive a reduced benefit from their shadow spell power.
    The damage done by the cannons in the gunship encounter in Icecrown Citadel has been increased and the rate at which their heat decays has been reduced.
    In Alterac Valley, the buffs that the Generals get from the Warmasters and Marshals now grant them negative enemy dodge. This means they will now ignore some of their target's total dodge percentage. The base health of the Generals has been increased and the buff also grants a slightly increased amount of damage and health.
    The cheese items in Dalaran as well as the Kvaldir Berserkers in Icecrown will once again respawn at a faster rate.
    The window that comes up when talking to an NPC should no longer close on its own.
    Some changes to the battleground queuing system have been made to improve performance and group queuing.
    The timer for when the next battle in Wintergrasp will occur should no long disappear.

    They've been buffed twice in a week.

  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Blitz doesn't work anymore. They keep buffing the aura that the warmasters give off.

    Is this something very new? Because it was working as of last time I played AV, last week.

    1208768734831.jpg
  • KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Hate: Wondered why I hadn't gotten a raid invite, even though it was past invite time. Go to check the raid calender to see if the time had changed and discover I have been put on standby. Wasn't standby the night before when I was in the raid, wasn't standby when the raid ended, wasn't standby when everyone said 'See you tomorrow', but today, at raid time, its standby. And the raid leaders didn't have the balls to say a word to me about it, they just changed the sign up at the last minute and left me to deal with it. Had to chase one down and corner him to find out that I was on standby because "Oh, we need more DPS for tonight."

    Hate: I get put on standby, but the two other paladin offtanks in the raid that I outgear are still confirmed.

    Happy: At least being April Fools Day, I had a good reason besides my own pissed off vengeance to fill the entire guild bank with wool cloth.

    Hope: it takes the raid leader, guild leader, and guild officer I mailed the contents of the bank to, at least half the time to put everything back as it took for me to fill the whole thing with wool.

    That's awesome. I wish I had thought of something like that before I bailed on my last guild for pulling the exact same shit.

  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Blitz doesn't work anymore. They keep buffing the aura that the warmasters give off.

    Is this something very new? Because it was working as of last time I played AV, last week.

    I think they definitely addressed it in Tuesday's patch.

    SCB.jpg
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ninjaed [The Black Heart]. (Vendored)
    D:

  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    LoL that was part of the April fool's stuff kreutz.

  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    While ninjaed is a replacement for acquired, the way better part is that vendored is the replacement for equipped.

    maybe nothing else is real
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig~medium.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
  • KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, wow. Okay. I was seriously about to lay down a bit of rage.

  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Oh, wow. Okay. I was seriously about to lay down a bit of rage.

    /crawls out of bunker

    Anyway,

    Hate: Got Putricide to 100k health before everyone died

    Hope: Get him next time

    Putricide is actually a pretty good fight, I like P3 the best, trying to kill him before the room fills with goo is a good feeling of pushing for the win.

    Steam | Bukkit Fishing Plugin | 3DS: 2406-5131-9006
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Oh another thing.

    Hate: My Wintergrasp fishing was inturrupted by a fury warrior. This adds him to the list of the other fury warrior, the DK, the Boomkin, and the warlock that have before attacked my prot warrior when I'm fishing.

    Hate: He was the first one I wasn't able to kill and then canabalize.

    Happy: Because he had rocket boots, and used them to flee for his life when he realized he was gonna get killed by a tank.

    Hahaha, I did have to comment on this. I was fishing in Wintergrasp for my daily, had a dwarf ret pally land next to me and start going off on me. I leisurely got my bag open, putzed around finding my sword and shield, and put them on. By this point I was getting pretty low because he had utterly blown his load on me.

    So I popped Lay on Hands and started fighting him. Before I knew it, he started running around the shore from me... and I realized he was almost dead. I finished him off and went back to fishing.

    Seriously? Seriously. Why, why would you do that to someone who is fishing. And why wouldn't you check their HP first? Don't fuck with fishing tanks.

  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

    You totally got them 10 minutes ago.

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Shitty internet preventing us from progressing in ICC10. We had 17 disconnects from 6 different raid members in the span of 3 hours.

    One of them, unfortunately, was me. Having the off-tank disconnect 20 seconds into Festergut is bad.

    EDIT: I should have mentioned that most of the DCs were on Blood Queen, where one person lagging/DCing can do some substantial damage. Good news is that we got Blood Princes down this week by using the two tank method someone mentioned in the last 4H thread. Thanks guys!

    WeskerSig.jpg
    SteamID - Fig-D :: Xbox Live - Fig D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • SaerisSaeris Chronogestaltist Trinity, New MexicoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Oh another thing.

    Hate: My Wintergrasp fishing was inturrupted by a fury warrior. This adds him to the list of the other fury warrior, the DK, the Boomkin, and the warlock that have before attacked my prot warrior when I'm fishing.

    Hate: He was the first one I wasn't able to kill and then canabalize.

    Happy: Because he had rocket boots, and used them to flee for his life when he realized he was gonna get killed by a tank.

    Hahaha, I did have to comment on this. I was fishing in Wintergrasp for my daily, had a dwarf ret pally land next to me and start going off on me. I leisurely got my bag open, putzed around finding my sword and shield, and put them on. By this point I was getting pretty low because he had utterly blown his load on me.

    So I popped Lay on Hands and started fighting him. Before I knew it, he started running around the shore from me... and I realized he was almost dead. I finished him off and went back to fishing.

    Seriously? Seriously. Why, why would you do that to someone who is fishing. And why wouldn't you check their HP first? Don't fuck with fishing tanks.

    I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I don't harass anyone I find fishing, because there is nothing I could do to them which is worse than what they're already doing to themselves.

    Nlgya.png
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Leveling fishing on 2 characters, before the fishing changes, was one of the worst things I have ever done in WoW.

    Battle.net friend code thing: Phender#1108
    My wwwyzzerdd Andy!
  • CharusCharus Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Happy: Raid-free day to level my mage alt. Gained six levels, earned 600 gold, and managed to successfully lead a pug through Sunken Temple.

    Hate: SUNKEN TEMPLE NEVER AGAIN. I'm just going to not queue for random groups until I'm outside ST's level range to ensure that I don't have to do that again. Two players ragequit due to getting lost, one of their replacements started with the group, then ran away from us and got immediately lost on the top floor (how, I'm not sure), and spent most of the instance trying to convince us to let him leap to his death through the hole in the floor.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    just got my second binding of the windseeker from baron

    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    format wrote: »
    just got my second binding of the windseeker from baron

    Argh that's the only thing I need for my TF. I should probably focus on the mace to keep my mind off of it.

  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seething hate:
    Now to date I've lost the Tyrannical Beheader to a enhance shammy, a hunter, a prot warrior and just now a Holy Pally.

    As my DPS Dk no less...

    I can't think of anything clever.
  • korodullinkorodullin What. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jaded wrote: »
    Seething hate:
    Now to date I've lost the Tyrannical Beheader to a enhance shammy, a hunter, a prot warrior and just now a Holy Pally.

    As my DPS Dk no less...

    If it makes you feel any [strike]better[/strike] worse, I had to shard a Beheader last night since everyone in my group either already had it or couldn't use it.

    impale.png
    Steam
    3DS: 1822-0538-1100
This discussion has been closed.