Options

iPad games: Geometry Wars Touch, Sam & Max Sn 3 Episode 1

LunkerLunker Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Games and Technology
Geometry Wars Touch
In addition to the six original Geometry Wars gameplay modes: Deadline, King, Evolved, Pacifism, Waves and Sequence, Geometry Wars: Touch has a brand new mode called Titans! which is exclusive to iPad.

500x_geowars.jpg

500x_geowars2.jpg

Sam & Max, Episode 1: The Penal Zone
Inspired by Steve Purcell's comic series Sam & Max, Lucas Arts in 1993 released the SCUMM-based adventure Sam & Max Hit the Road to much critical acclaim. Sequels followed and the odd, starring duo gathered something of a cult following. Those in the cult will be happy to see the just-released iPad title from Telltale Games, Sam & Max Episode 1: The Penal Zone.

The floodgates open even further. I was planning on revamping the iPhone gaming thread, but I wonder if iPad games should get a separate thread treatment. Anyway: If there's one great thing the iPad will do, it'll force people to re-evaluate the ever-increasing validity of the App Store as a wonderful source for games.

Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
Lunker on

• Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That makes a lot of sense. If they get other high-quality games on the iPad, I might have to re-think my cynicism.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So how do you control this?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    But touching the screen would cover up part of the screen and enemies coming at you. Wouldn't that make it really awkward to play.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I realize that April 1 is possibly the worst day to make any kind of announcement ever, but FWIW here's the direct App Store link. Not that any of us can test it until Saturday, anyway.
    Arikado wrote:
    So how do you control this?

The second screenshot has two little circles in the corners -- probably virtual wheels/analog sticks that you can fiddle with. I've played enough Geometry Wars clones on iPhone to know it works pretty well, actually; most games offer a choice between fixed circles (always in the same place) or circles that touch down wherever you place your thumbs. Most games with virtual D-pads are complete ass to control, but analog sticks/wheels work really well by their, well, analog nature, like Space Miner.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So it turns out that Sam & Max Season 3 is coming to iPad as well! They've dropped the season numbering, I guess to avoid confusion, but if the iPad helps continue the revival of point-and-clicks I might have to go buy one of these freaking things.

I'll update more through the weekend, but there are a shit-ton of games dropping as iPad exclusives, in addition to the already cool iPhone and iPod Touch software available.

Lunker on