As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to Splice a Song into Pieces

silence1186silence1186 Character shields down!As a wingmanRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello all,

On one of my favorite albums, the last song is eight minutes long. It's 4 and a half minutes of singing, a minute of silence, then for 30 seconds someone comes on, and is like "oh, you're still here? Here's some kickass extras." Then there's two minutes of face-melting awesome. Is there anyway to chop the song up so I can turn the instrumental part at the end into its own song, so I don't need to bother with the retarded 90 seconds of silence/talking?

Much obliged in advance.

silence1186 on

• Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Audacity should do that pretty quickly and easily

TheRealBadger on
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ditto audacity. It's great.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fantastic. Thanks a bunch.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have to say: I hate when bands slap silence in their songs. It really bothers me, it's like it's wasting my time.

Though it's pretty funny that you're trying to remove silence from a song, considering your name. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    I have to say: I hate when bands slap silence in their songs. It really bothers me, it's like it's wasting my time.

Though it's pretty funny that you're trying to remove silence from a song, considering your name. :)

Heh, that's just because I am very soft spoken, and historically people have a very hard time hearing what I have to say.

silence1186 on