If there's still anything that you're not sure about, a military wizard did it.
OP Originally by PaperLuigi44, with modifications by 0Replace4Displace.
Hello and welcome to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 thread! While posting here and playing with other people remember:
a) Have fun.
b) Don’t be a silly goose, even if doing so accomplishes a) for you.
[PA Modern Warfare News Bulletin
It's go time!
Activision sued for up to $125 million by current, former Infinity Ward employees
Activision's Call of Duty-related headaches just leveled up.
More than three dozen former and current employees of Infinity Ward, the Encino-based development studio that made the hugely successful Call of Duty: Modern Warfare video games for Activision Blizzard Inc., have sued the publisher claiming that they are owed between $75 million and $125 million in unpaid royalties and potentially more in compensatory damages.
Of the 38 employees involved in the lawsuit, 21 are former employees of Infinity Ward; 17 still work there. Approximately 95 people worked at Infinity Ward on last November's Modern Warfare 2, meaning that about 40% of its employees at that time are now suing Activision.
The lawsuit says that Activision owes Infinity Ward employees a bonus pool of at least $118 million, of which $82 million is supposed to go to employees other than West and Zampella.
It alleges that the publisher has withheld royalty payments in order to keep them from leaving as their former bosses did, putting at risk the potentially hugely lucrative release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 planned for late 2011.
"Activision engaged in this inappropriate course of conduct in an attempt to force employees of Infinity Ward to continue to work at a job that many of them did not want just so Activision could force them to complete the development, production and delivery of Modern Warfare 3," the suit says.
It goes on to allege that Activision representatives told Infinity Ward employees that if West and Zampella had not been fired, the employees would have received bonuses approximately 2.5 times higher than what they were paid on March 26.
An Activision spokeswoman said she was not aware of the lawsuit and could not immediately comment.
The complaint filed Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court in Santa Monica is based in part on the same allegations contained in West and Zampella's suit. Isaacs has asked that the two cases be consolidated.
-- Ben Fritz
By Stephen Totilo on April 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM
The drama involving the creators of the biggest franchise in gaming continues as Jason West and Vince Zampella, the fired former lead creators of Modern Warfare 2, have formed a new company, Respawn Entertainment. EA, their formal rival, is backing.
The Monday morning news announcing the new company follows a Friday that saw Activision, the mega-publisher that fired Jason West and Vince Zampella from their leadership positions at Modern Warfare development studio Infinity Ward, suing the ousted creators for “misdeeds.” West and Zampella had sued Activison a month prior.
But today the two creators are announcing a new company and an exclusive publishing deal with Activision rival Electronic Arts.
“Respawn Entertainment marks a fresh start for Jason and me,” Zampella said in a statement. “For the past decade we led a great development team and poured our hearts into creating an epic game franchise. We’re very proud of what we built – and proud that so many millions of fans enjoyed those games. Today we hope to do it all over again — open a new studio, hire a great team, and create brand new games with a new partner, EA.”
“We’re excited,” West said. “Now that the team is in control of the games and brands, we can ensure that the fans are treated as well as they deserve.”
While West and Zampella’s experience has recently involved military first-person shooters, including EA’s Medal of honour series, which they worked on prior to handling Call of Duty and Modern Warfare for Activision, they offered no details on the new game.
The release indicated only that “the company will focus on creating state-of-the-art gaming experiences for global audiences.”
Kotaku will have more on this story as it breaks.
By Owen Good on April 9, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Modern Warfare 2’s five-map, $US15 “Stimulus Package” will arrive for both PS3 and PC in North America on May 4, the game’s studio just said via Twitter.
Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling said Australia and Europe gets the PS3 version of the downloadable content on May 5. The PC release date of May 4 is global.
-Stimulus Package out now for 360.
GUYS THEY FIXED ALL OF THE CARE PACKAGE SHENANIGANS YOU CAN COME BACK NOW. THAT MEANS YOU, 360 GUYS.
Holographic Sight Known Effects, Other Glitches/Notes Too.
Kakos and I found out how to prevent yourself from being the host on the PC. If you block the server port from a firewall or router your game will have weird issues joining other people's games but if you go edit the
\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players\config_mp.cfg file you can change some of your system settings to make it look like you have a horrible computer. Then it won't select you to be the host.
I changed the following two lines:
seta sys_configureGHz "2" (originally 18 ghz)
seta sys_sysMB "512" (originally 2048)
The key is you must make the file 'read only' after you are finished saving other wise mw2 will automatically change these values back. When you start up MW2 it will say some settings have changed do you want to automatically adjust settings and make sure you click NO.
-M16A4's recoil significantly decreased while equipped.
[STRIKE]-SPAS-12's spread of shot tightened up, creating a longer 1-shot-kill range.[/STRIKE]
-FAL's damage increased from 55-35 to 55-40 while using the sight, which then allows 2 shot kills at any range (using Stopping Power) even with a silencer.
-MG4, M240, and the M9 do not benefit from equipping a Silencer. That is to say, when firing these weapons while silenced, you will still appear on the radar when you fire.
MORE EFFECTS SOON TO COME.
WEAPONS CHART FOR GOOD STUFF ABOUT GUNS.
I've PM'd Echo about these, since I don't want to come off sounding like I think I have Mod-like powers, but I'll post them in this spoiler and let you guys decide whether they sound reasonable.
Due to previous controversy, I’m setting out some rules to ensure that we all have a good time here.
-No ‘LOL Treyarch’ posts: I don’t care if your cat was run over by a Treyarch employee, this is the MW2 thread, stay on topic.
-No PC vs console arguments: We’re all here to enjoy Modern Warfare 2, so play nice, and don’t perpetuate this stereotype of internet forums.
-Keep ethical debate civil: Discussing the inner workings of a game is what these threads are all about, but once again, play nice.
On Dedicated Servers, etc: This argument appears to have died down, and while any thread on even the most AAA of games is going to have people bring up (often legitamate) gripes (like Killer Croc in Batman:AA, or No Fighting in the War Room in this thread), I would like to think that the people who have been turned off from MW2 (your call and I respect your decision) have said their piece and can leave this thread to the people who are excited about this game.
-Remember your spoiler tags!
Work-around to lack of Party Chat by Sivraj:
But for anyone trying to play multiplayer with their friends, here's an alternative to party chat:
From the site:
Step One: Go to Xbox.com and log in to your account
Step Two: From your profile page, click on Privacy Settings (it's just to the right of your avatar)
Step Three: The top option should say Voice and Text. Set it to Friends Only. Save.
Now whenever you play "Modern Warfare 2" multiplayer you'll only hear people you are friends with.
Basically, you set your "Voice and Text" option to Friends Only. BAM, problem solved
. I'm not sure if you can do it from your console though. The website only explains how to do it through Xbox.com.
Friday, 13 November 2009
Modern Warfare 2The handling of weapons has changed significantly, they have been moved to one of the game's "fastfiles", encrypted.
My ability is not enough to crack them, though others have fared better.
At least the multiplayer weapons still operate very much like their COD4 predecessors.
Weapon damage in increments of ten. Damage loss after a distance depending on the weapon type.
Testing from other sources has confirmed the use of a damage of "35" for weapons.
The intent for this is likely to make Stopping Power less "powerful".
For example, the FAL may deliver 50-35 damage. Because of this, Stopping Power's benefit is not prevalent - 50 is already two shots and 35 is three, Power bringing it up to 49 damage will still require three shots. It does appear to have at least a 1.5x headshot multiplier, similar to the M14, allowing a one headshot kill up close with Stopping Power.
Sniper rifles use the 70 damage with varying 1.5 and 1.1 multipliers.
The silencer appears to have a negative effect to sniper rifles, LMGs and possibly other weapons that do not lose damage over distance.
Also shotgun range is decreased by silencers.
Details on things that are not guns, of what was able to be ripped out of the fastfiles (so far) thanks to gagarin.
Sentry Gun has 1000 points of health.
Explosives deliver 7x their damage against a Sentry.
A Melee attack will instantly disable the Sentry.
The Sentry has the potential to fire continuously for eight seconds.
It recovers fully in four. If it "overheats", it will take eight seconds.
The UAV has 700 health and hangs around for thirty seconds.
Both Helicopters and the Pavelow have 1500 health.
The AI controlled Helicopters use three of the four same old Threat Factors.
Class Threat has been removed, presumably due to the Secondary Weapon diversity.
The Harrier has 3000 health.
Luckily, lots of things will instantly kill it (or at least really hurt it (and all other aircraft).
A Stinger, Javelin and other killstreaks (like the remote missile and AC130 guns) will instantly destroy it.
The RPG7 and AT4 will do whatever damage they do AND an extra 900 points of damage.
The AC-130 apparently only has 1000 health.
This is probably offset by the fact that it has two flare countermeasures and is way up in the air.
It lasts 40 seconds. All three guns are all available. They have a reload time of:
25mm = 1.5
40mm = 3.0
105mm = 5.0
The Care Package and Emergency Airdrop have a chance of dropping anything (except nukes).
Care Package has a much higher probability of dropping other low-Streak hardpoints, while the Emergency Airdrop evens up the chances for nearly anything up to the EMP.
On perks and a few other things:
The wait time between bursts for the FAMAS and M16 is still 0.2 seconds.
Stopping Power is still 1.4x against players.
Stopping Power Pro increases its damage against vehicles by 1.65x.
Danger Close is a bit stronger than it's predecessor, 1.4x increase in damage (rather than 1.25).
Blast Shield equipment cuts damage down to 0.45x (or 0.65?), ensuring almost always surviving anything.
Blast Shield and Danger Close will cancel each other out.
Semtex stuck to the player will ignore Blast Shield.
Commando adds 176 units of measurement to its 64 inch melee strike.
Commando Pro does indeed cut off all damage for any fall... and it appears that a lethal fall will make the player do a barrel roll instead.
Rapid Fire attachment has the same effect as Double Tap, multiplying time between shots by 0.75x (other way around, Rate of fire by 1.33x)
FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) attachment has the same effect as Deep Impact, greatly improving penetration through walls and objects.
Painkiller adds 200 health to the player. If the player suffers at least 101 points of damage while Painkiller is active... he gets a reward. Throwing knives and melee attacks will still kill in one hit.
One Man Army allows the player to change his class on the fly in 6 seconds.
One Many Army Pro cuts that down to 3. It takes the place of the secondary weapon and can not be dropped.
Sleight of Hand still cuts reload time in half. Pro halves both sighting in and out.
Lightweight will multiply movement speed by 1.1x (I dunno, that's what it reads)
Lightweight Pro will multiply the delay between sprinting and being able to attack by 0.6x.
Ninja Pro and SitRep Pro will multiply Player footstep sound by 0.25x and enemy footsteps by 4x respectively.
The problem shotgun hitscans had with cars is dealt with, damage dealt to destructibles like barrels and cars are multiplied by four.
Cars and barrels have the same health and "on fire" health drain as they do in COD4.
More Fun Facts!
* All weapons have a maximum and minimum damage value. Weapons do their max damage up until a certain distance when the damage begins to decrease and eventually levels out at the min damage value. Silencers will cause this falloff to occur earlier, and thus do less damage at longer ranges.
* Some weapons don't experience any falloff, and maintain their max damage values at any range (LMG, Snipers). Equipping a silencer on these weapons will permanently drop the weapons damage to it's minimum damage, regardless of range, so you'll get the minimum damage no matter how close or far away you are.
* The only weapon that violates both of these rules is the UMP45, which always does it's max damage, regardless of distance or attachments. A silenced UMP45 at long range is just as powerful as an unsilenced UMP45 at close range.
* Different areas of the body still have their own damage multipliers, though there seems to be a slightly simplified model (no "neck" hit area, as this is now grouped together with the upper body / chest area). The damage multiplier for the head is still 1.4 or 1.5 like it was in COD4. Sniper Rifles still remain the only weapons to take full advantage of the body part multipliers, and use the same damage x multiplier system that was in COD4.
* Stopping Power still multiplies weapon damage by 1.4 on top of any other multipliers.
· In Core game modes you have 100 health points and in Hardcore you have 30.
* Frag - Can throw a little further than Semtex, and can be primed, but does approx. half the damage (thus half the killing range) of the Semtex. Also, displays location icon and can be thrown back if nearby. Can't be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Semtex - Doesn't throw as far as the Frag, but it sticks to whatever it touches, doesn't roll, does approx. twice the damage (thus twice the killing range), doesn't display location icon, and can't be thrown back. The Semtex can't be primed, but it explodes on short timer that starts the moment it leaves your hand. Can be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Throwing Knife - Travels for several meters in a straight line before beginning to drop. Kills with a single hit anywhere on the body, and can hit after bouncing off other objects. Can be canceled by switching weapons prior to throwing.
* Tactical Insertion - Takes three seconds to lay down after pressing. Can be destroyed at a distance by shooting, etc.
* Blast Shield - Reduces explosive damage by approx. half. Will allow players to survive point-blank explosion of Frag or Grenade Launcher. Semtex, Claymore and C4 will still kill within a meter or so. Upon activating, will narrow your vision and remove the mini-map. Deactivation will restore the mini-map and normal vision. Activation / deactivation is fairly quick and can be done on the fly.
* Claymore - Explodes 1-1.5 seconds after tripping. Does approx. same damage as Semtex and C4. Can only set two at any time, if you set a third (with scavenger), the first one will explode.
* C4 - Does approx same damage as Semtex and Claymore. Can only set two at any time, if you set a third, the first one will explode. Can also be detonated by pressing the reload button twice rapidly.
* The AT4-HS with Danger Close Pro is still unable to take down any air support vehicles in a single shot, other than the UAV/Counter-UAV.
* The Javelin can lock onto distant terrain and fire a missile that does explosive damage to a very large area, killing anything within line-of-sight. As powerful as this sounds, it can be challenging to use this capability effectively.
* Iron sights have little, if any, effect on shotgun spread / accuracy.
* Extended Mags do not provide any additional ammunition, it merely extends the round capacity of the weapon in question by half.
Differences Between COD4 and MW2
* Base weapon damage values in MW2 are on average very similar to COD4, with no substantial increase in MW2 over COD4.
* Weapons have much longer range in MW2, retaining their max damage for a much greater distance.
* Weapon "idle" (reticule sway) has been greatly reduced in MW2 and is virtually non-existent except for on scoped weapons such as Sniper, ACOG, or Thermal.
* Weapon "kick" (recoil) has been greatly reduced in MW2, particularly for assault rifles, and is the chief factor in affecting how much more deadly the weapons in MW2 are compared to COD4.
* Hip fire is much more accurate in MW2, and sub machine guns no long hold a significant advantage over other weapons in this area.
* As far as I can tell, hit detection and lag compensation in MW2 is improved over COD4, reducing the lag advantage for faster moving targets and allowing more rounds to make contact as intended instead of missing due to lag / poor netcode.
* All of the above factors make the weapons in MW2 much more deadly than in COD4.
Awesome video time!
I know I've missed some, but they can always be added later.
What about weapons, perks, etc?
Weapons/equipment list plus unlock levels courtesy of Mechanical.
4 - M4A1
1 - FAMAS
9 - SCAR-H
20 - TAR-21
28 - FAL
40 - M16A4
48 - ACR
60 - F2000
70 - AK-47
4 - MP5K
1 - UMP 45
12 - TDI Vector
24 - P90
44 - Mini Uzi
Light Machine Guns
1 - L86 LSW
4 - RPD
16 - MG4
32 - AUG HBAR
52 - M240
2 - Barrett Light Fifty
4 - Intervention
36 - WA2000
56 - M14 EBR
2 - Riot Shield
3 - PP2000
22 - G18
38 - M93
58 - TMP
1 - SPAS-12
18 - AA-12
34 - Striker
42 - Ranger
54 - M1014
67 - Model 1887
2 - USP.45
26 - Colt Anaconda
46 - M9
62 - Desert Eagle
1 - AT4-HS
14 - M79 x2
30 - Stinger
50 - Javelin
65 - RPG-7 X2
4 - Frag grenade: Cookable frags
4 - Semtax: Timed stickey explosives
7 - Throwing Knife: Throwable weapon, can be picked back up
11 - Tactical Insertion: Choose spawn position
19 - Blast Shield: Increased explosive resistance
31 - Claymore: Proximity mine
43: C4: Remote explosive device
Callsign & Emblem unlocks:
. (Note that being a wiki means this likely isn't 100% accurate).
Perk list also courtesy of Mechanical (and completed with help from Kris_xK):
1 - Marathon: Unlimited sprint.
-Pro: Increased mantle speed. (Run 26 miles with this perk)
2 - Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading.
-Pro: Increased Aim Down Sight speed. (120 kills with this perk)
13 - Scavenger - Full resupply from dead enemies.
-Pro: Extra Mags. (100 Resupplies)
21 - Bling - 2 primary weapon attachments.
-Pro: Two attachments on secondary weapon. (200 kills with this perk)
45 - One Man Army - Switch classes without respawn.
-Pro: Swap classes faster. (120 kills with this perk)
1 - Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage.
-Pro: Increased damage to vehicles. (250 kills with this perk)
1 - Lightweight - Overall speed increase.
-Pro: Quick aim after sprinting. (Sprint 30 miles with this perk)
9 - Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
-Pro: Deathstreaks require 1 less death. (40 killstreaks [at least 2 kills] with this perk)
25 - Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries and thermal.
-Pro: No red crosshair or name when targeted. (Destroy 40 enemy killstreak rewards while using this perk)
33 - Danger Close: Increased explosive damage.
-Pro: Extra air support damage. (100 explosive kills with this perk)
1 - Commando: Increased melee distance.
-Pro: No falling damage. (20 melee kills with this perk)
1 - Steady Aim: Increased hip accuracy.
-Pro: Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer to reduce sniper rifle sway). (80 hip-fire kills with this perk)
17 - Scrambler: Distorts nearby opponent's radar.
-Pro: Delay enemy claymore explosions. (50 close-range kills with this perk)
29 - Ninja: Invisible to heartbeat sensor. (Note: NINJA WORKS CORRECTLY ON THE HEARTBEAT SENSOR, IT IS A BUG IN THE KILLCAM.)
-Pro: Dead Silence (Move silently). (50 close-range kills with this perk)
37 - Sitrep: Locate enemy explosives and tactical insertions.
-Pro: Enemy footsteps louder. (Destroy 120 enemy devices using this perk)
41 - Last Stand: Pull out your pistol before dying for 10 seconds.
-Pro: Use grenades and equipment as well as your pistol. (20 Last Stand kills)
Modern Warfare 2 Killstreaks (Note: You start with UAV, Care Package and Predator Missile, you earn tokens to unlock more as you level up, first at level 10. These do stack now, meaning you won’t lose your previous rewards if you earn higher level ones. You also can’t take two killstreaks which require the same number of kills to earn at the same time).
3 Kills -- UAV
4 Kills -- Care Package
4 Kills -- Counter UAV
5 Kills -- Sentry Gun
5 Kills -- Predator Missile
6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike
7 Kills -- Strike
7 Kills -- Attack Heli
8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop
9 Kills -- Pave Low
9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber
11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner
11 Kills -- AC-130
15 Kills -- EMP
25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke (this instantly ends the match with you as the victor)
1 - Copycat - 4 deaths without a kill
6 - Painkiller - 3 deaths without a kill
27 - Martyrdom - 4 deaths without a kill
39 - Final Stand - 4 deaths without a kill
I want to play with people on this forum!
(X360) Friends List for that console which overheats a lot:
We've got a CoD Clan Meta-Tag run by Burtletoy: A PA CoD Clan
[STRIKE]A PA CoD Clan is now full! Hit me up on
From here, you can view other people on the tag and invite them to your game. I may do the same if the group I join needs more people, but sometimes I just want to pub-stomp, so don't be offended if I ignore you. Also, send the invite to the clan tag.
Everybody sending one invite is far more convenient then me sending every invite.
There's also PA CoD4
, which is an older account with a lot of names on it, I think it was being run by I King Kong I. It probably isn't being maintained anymore, FYI.
PA MW2 is now also full. Send invites now to A PA MW2 Clan
(PS3) Friends List for that console which people seem to laugh out loud about for some reason:
PA Handle - PS3 Name
Gihgehls as Hellphish
Debaserzbs as FancyLad
Jokerman as Jokrmein
Fourier_series as Fourier_series
Algertman as AlbertBOMB
Ah_Pook as Ah_Pook
Jean Claude Van Calm as Grimmsy- (yes, that's a dash there)
KidDynamite as NinjaForHire
Articus as Art__ (that's 2 underscores)
Shaggy as Mr_P1tt
kazanma as kazanma
DesertChicken as Desert Chicken
Pookiepoo as Pookie-san
Packman as jkolpack
Cincitucky as Cincitucky
Lord Yod as LordYod
donhonk as donhonk
Campy as pablocampy
Iceman.USAF as Apollo821
Fmz65 as Fmz65
Kami as KamiDaHobo
Squirminator2k as Squirminator2k
Project Mayhem as jnorrisiv
Svevin as Kevko
(PC) Friends List for that console which actually isn’t a console and uses some sort of program called ‘Storm’, or whatever.
You can Alt-Tab at any time (Even in game) by pressing Alt + Escape
PA Handle - Steam Name
Gihgehls as hellphish
Fleck0 as Fleck0
SirToasty as patoast
Dourin as Dourin
ReverendCaliber as ReverendCaliber
rndmhero as rndmhero
SJ as Gailen
MindLib as Mind Liberator
Fondor_Yards as Fondor_Yards
Arthill as da_man796
We also have a Steam group! Contact Fleck0 through Steam if you want an invite or if you have any other questions.
And finally, a funny: