As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: More like 'Finite Ward', am I right?

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the games, it was touching to hear how pleased Groltag was when he got an AC-130. It sounded like it was Christmas morning for him.

Highlight for the session: getting a long-distance headshot with the AUG on a guy climbing a ladder. Man, I love this thing.

Also, :v: silenced M1014.

I got some weird thing where I can't connect to XBL, not a rage quit. It kinda pissed me off, because it just kicked me off and wouldn't let me in.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Live is probably just being a pain, then.

Also @Toasty: on Crash today a Sentry shot at my toes when I was crouched :x Felt very satisfying when I knifed one of the dude's later sentries as soon as he placed it.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Delicious USP, how your 45 hundredths of an inch please me.

edit: Wow, that came out really sexually.

edit edit: But I still hold firm (ugh) that the Akimbo'd USPs are my favorite sidearm, especially Bling'd with Silencers. The SPAS doesn't count as a sidearm, because if it's on a class, it's the primary; the SMG is the secondary.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the games, it was touching to hear how pleased Groltag was when he got an AC-130. It sounded like it was Christmas morning for him.

Highlight for the session: getting a long-distance headshot with the AUG on a guy climbing a ladder. Man, I love this thing.

Also, :v: silenced M1014.

Oh man it was christmas morning! I loved every second.

I am Groltag BTW, should of mentioned my forum name when playing but hey, awesome games guys.

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A pity I missed that, then. Fucking Box of X was being a belligerent sonnuvabitch.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I'm not the only one that had XBL issues last night then. Good. I was NOT happy when I got lagged out of that game we were in, and then XBL tells me that I can't connect for the next half hour (or connects and then immediately disconnects).

Seems to be OK this morning though. Which means more games tonight. :D

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The one thing that annoys me about the new maps is that since we're still getting used to them, I don't know what to call the locations yet.

There were times in Salvage where I half went "There's a guy by the car!" which would really help narrow things down. :lol:

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The one thing that annoys me about the new maps is that since we're still getting used to them, I don't know what to call the locations yet.

There were times in Salvage where I half went "There's a guy by the car!" which would really help narrow things down. :lol:

Haha, that's somewhat my issue: in MW1, I literally never played the objective gamemodes, only ever TDM. So now that Crash and Overgrown are out, I have no idea what to call the areas. I know the maps like the back of my hand, but since I can't mentally relay my observations over XBL, it's not very useful to others.

I like this map pack, basically. 15$ sounds like a lot, but if you were going to spend that on something else of equivalent cost, would it last you nearly the same amount of time, or give similar amounts of entertainment? I doubt it. Videogames are fucking amazing value, considering cost/fun times had.
    That would buy about 17-20 rounds of .223 though, which would come in handy during the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE OF 2012

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm no better with Crash and Overgrown, as I played CoD4 to death, but I never named the locations. So on Overgrown you guys were probably confused when I warned about a sniper on 'the roof' before mentioning to keep an eye on all roofs just in case.

In my defence though, what the hell am I supposed to call those houses in Overgrown to distinguish them?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm no better with Crash and Overgrown, as I played CoD4 to death, but I never named the locations. So on Overgrown you guys were probably confused when I warned about a sniper on 'the roof' before mentioning to keep an eye on all roofs just in case.

In my defence though, what the hell am I supposed to call those houses in Overgrown to distinguish them?

Well, the only building there's an easily accessible roof on is pretty blatant, so that's not an issue. It's more like how as a group we'll call out "They're spawning at C" or "Watch for A guys, they're coming from behind" or "That fucking asshole with the FAMAS and the Akimbo Rafficas is in that corner by B, someone kill him before I go on a rampage and wind up on ABC news." Without those known locations, it becomes the clusterfuck of "THERE'S A GUY IN THE BUILDING THAT HAS DOORS AND WINDOWS OH GOD"

Or whatever, you know.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Library, blown-out house overlooking creek, grandma's house, barn, equip-shed next to the field, and the gas-station-building are the ones I can name. That leaves the two houses by the wooden-bridge (one you cant get into) to name, and the two at either end of the stone-bridge.

On Crash all you need to know is "blue room house" and "three-story". :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Library, blown-out house overlooking creek, grandma's house, barn, equip-shed next to the field, and the gas-station-building are the ones I can name. That leaves the two houses by the wooden-bridge (one you cant get into) to name, and the two at either end of the stone-bridge.

On Crash all you need to know is "blue room house" and "three-story". :P

"Assrape Avenue" was my term for the long path in Crash that snipers would sit at both ends on and eat people who ran through. It had the cars along it too, which you couldn't hide behind because,

you know,

THEY EXPLODE. I pretty much preemptively blow explosive things up long before I get to them. Oftentimes a grenade won't kill me by itself, but it was close enough to blow up a propane tank/barrel/car and kill me.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The main house in overgown on the barn side is 'Grannies House' to me and mine, with the outbuilding on the edge of the map being 'L shaped'. The smaller building next to the concrete bridge is 'Flat-roof'. On the other side of the valley, from top to bottom: 'Fence Corner', 'Broken', 'Graffiti', 'S**t-house'.

I have no idea where Grannies house and S**t-house came from.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I love calling out people in the attic/first floor of Grandma's House and teammates are all "what the fuck is Grandm... OH FUCK. I see now. I just got a SPAS12 in the face over there."

Also, Assrape Ave is a good name for that alley. I hate that damn thing.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    On Overgrown, people have been calling one of the houses Grandma's House as a hold over from 4. The bridges are easily identifiable - one's wood, one's stone.

I have a couple for Salvage, but the main one is 'chicane' - where the bomb spawns in Sabotage. There's also 'tower', one of the HQ positions, and what people seem to be calling the garage which totally isn't a garage. And 'pipes'.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why the hell does my box keep locking up!? Why, damnit. Answer me!! Bloody fuck I hope this doesn't mean that I have to send it out again... I'll try to get back on later horseshoe, pat, brutle and walker. Feck. :x :evil:

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I played the newer maps last night and when they showed up in the rotation, players kept voting it. WTF? Why even bother downloading the maps if you aren't gonna play 'em?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Josh, I worked it out. After this evening's shenanigans, you owe me a photo of your girlfriend.

I forget the exact math, but I'm sure the result is sound.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That was quite an interesting lobby to join, as the discussion was dominated by talk about people sending pictures of each other.

And poor Fey. Going up against a full PA team isn't exactly fun.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Finally got the Sabotage III completed. Took forever.

Algertman on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Boy was it a little depressing earlier today. Invasion, I was trying out a new class (M4, M203, dual Rangers) and destroying, just called in my 2nd harrier/pave low combo. And the power went out D:

Didn't save any of my stats from that game, as I got the same challenge completed the next game I played once the power finally came up. I'd forgotten just how much I loved the M4.

Arrath on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So is the M16 any better with the holo sight or is it still a bullshit fucking awful Soviet clone of the FAMAS

Robman on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm really worried that I wont get my 1000 UAV's before I prestige again
    So since I unlocked them I've been using UAV, CUAV and Hardline
    I need 800 more and I'm only level 32 :P

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    So is the M16 any better with the holo sight or is it still a bullshit fucking awful Soviet clone of the FAMAS

M16 is slightly better then FAMAS (balance wise that is)
    and from the OP: M16A4's recoil significantly decreased while equipped with holographic.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Deciding "You know, I think I'll go for some nukes." and doing it consistently is pretty funny.
    This game's balance is so fucking terrible, the FAMAS is blatantly the best gun in the game and the Rafficas are the blatantly the best secondaries. Both are 3-round-burst; coincidence my ass. IW needs to make them unable to kill in a single burst, at any range; the accuracy is just too high for that shit.

edit: Dox, no. Just no. The only advantage the M16 has over the FAMAS in any area is reload time, and that hardly matters when you can potentially kill 10 people in a single magazine, easily. The FAMAS has a longer drop-off for its full damage of 40, with or without a silencer, and has "better" irons.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Deciding "You know, I think I'll go for some nukes." and doing it consistently is pretty funny.
    This game's balance is so fucking terrible, the FAMAS is blatantly the best gun in the game and the Rafficas are the blatantly the best secondaries. Both are 3-round-burst; coincidence my ass. IW needs to make them unable to kill in a single burst, at any range; the accuracy is just too high for that shit.

Let's not even go into having shotguns as secondaries
    and the ACR's riddiculous recoil

You know, It feels like they made the game balanced then at the last second added fucking stopping power.

EDIT: I meant that the M16 was slightly worse then the FAMAS making it better then then the FAMAS balance wise.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Algertman wrote: »
    Finally got the Sabotage III completed. Took forever.

To quote Dox "3, 2, 1, 0.5 BOMB DEFUSED"

Still, it is a really nice emblem you get for your troubles.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SPAS-12 EMBLEM GET!

I'm going to wear this for the rest of forever. Even though now I'm moving on to my 1000 kills with the AA12, I still have a class with the SPAS-12 when I want to take ol' Betsy for a spin again.

Robman wrote: »

Soviet? I'm confused.

And no, the M16 is unimpressive. The only way I'll generally use it is with the ACOG, and even then the sway makes it terrible. I mastered it, then put it away.
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    I'm really worried that I wont get my 1000 UAV's before I prestige again
    So since I unlocked them I've been using UAV, CUAV and Hardline
    I need 800 more and I'm only level 32 :P

Yeah, I've found Hardline that ups the number of UAV/CUAV I get exponentially. Then I usually just roll a run-n-gun class, because honestly when you only need 2/3 kill streaks you don't need to pussyfoot around...go in, shoot some bitches in the face with an MP5 or AA12, call in the birds.

Remember, for getting UAV/CUAV, dying is your friend. Ideally, you don't WANT to get more than three kills before dying, because every kill after that isn't putting birds in the air.

This time around I build the class for maxing out Hardline (already got Radar Inbound III). Specifically I'm using MP5K+Silencer, AA12+Grip, Marathon, Hardline, Steady Aim, Painkiller.

Marathon gets me to the party faster, Steady Aim ensures I impress the ladies once I get there. Aiming? that's for suckers. Painkiller for those off-days when you can't seem to get the first guy down. Equipment? Fuck if I know...never use it...maybe a Claymore for the occasional "free" kill? Naw, probably just Semtex. Blow some bitches up.

The MP5K is chosen both because I've already mastered the UMP, and because honestly it does a FUCKLOAD of damage up close. The silencer seems to help with the recoil (not sure if it actually does) and also slows down the enemy team's reaction time. Alternately you could probably roll Akimbo.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The FAMAS is objectively a superior AR to the M16. Backed up by stats and ingame testing.

Subjectively, I like the M16 better. I line up the irons on the target perfectly every time, while I occasionally have to do some correction with the FAMAS that can cost me a shot opportunity.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fffffff. Goddamn semtex. It seems that I rarely manage a kill with it, but every single one an enemy throws at me has a lethal radius of approximately 2.5 miles.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm somewhere around 6000 kills with the SPAS, considering I filled the 2500 in my fourth prestige. 381 headshots with it; people are going to bitch about the gold emblem when it comes around :x

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm somewhere around 6000 kills with the SPAS, considering I filled the 2500 in my fourth prestige. 381 headshots with it; people are going to bitch about the gold emblem when it comes around :x

Oh man, that's going to be awesome.

I didn't become a convert to the Church of SPAS until my last prestige (third), so I'm behind the curve.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    While I'll always be a follower of the SPAS, Striker with Extended Mags + Grip (the latter being optional) is still good fun. I think I hit Striker VI on Salvage today.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    While I'll always be a follower of the SPAS, Striker with Extended Mags + Grip (the latter being optional) is still good fun. I think I hit Striker VI on Salvage today.

Sure, the Striker is great.
    If you like a worse AA-12 with universe-outlasting reload times and less damage but slightly more range.

I'm not a huge fan. The M1014 is probably the best all around shotgun, but coming from BC2, the only shotgun that even feels remotely right in terms of range is the SPAS. The Striker's Ext. Mags make it only 18, right? The AA-12 with the same attachment is 16, and better in pretty much every aspect. Both are ideal for waltzing into a room, then shouting "Hello, meatbags! I am a firm believer in overkill! BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM etc."

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

If you like a worse AA-12 with universe-outlasting reload times and less damage but slightly more range.

I'm not a huge fan. The M1014 is probably the best all around shotgun, but coming from BC2, the only shotgun that even feels remotely right in terms of range is the SPAS.

Hey Scatman, hey Scatman.
    Clip.
    Also, :v: for being a wet blanket.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I'm not a huge fan. The M1014 is probably the best all around shotgun, but coming from BC2, the only shotgun that even feels remotely right in terms of range is the SPAS.

Hey Scatman, hey Scatman.
    Clip.
    Also, :v: for being a wet blanket.

wet blanket D:

I don't mean to be one, it just happens. At least if I use a FAMAS I have no excuse for doing poorly, and thus the rage is lessened. I get wayyyy too competitive.

I'll try my hardest not to become incredibly frustrated even as I'm pulling a 6:1 ratio next time.
    Salvage = :v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v: and now that I look at it, I am pretty much the textbook definition of a wet blanket.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Seriously, you need to chill the fuck out dude. Everybody needs to vent some rage, and I enjoy our PA games together, but it's gotten to the point where I have to mute you from time to time so I can actually concentrate.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I figure I can fix that pretty easily. I take this game way too seriously for what it is.

But I can keep my new catchphrase of "That's fucking cute", right? It's too lame not to love.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That's what I like to hear.

Also, I swear that on two seperate occasions, DC explosives didn't kill me when I had blast shield on. I need to test this some time.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That's what I like to hear.

Also, I swear that on two seperate occasions, DC explosives didn't kill me when I had blast shield on. I need to test this some time.

But if they didn't kill you, how did you know they were DC? :P Blast shield isn't useless, just mediocre. It turns DC explosions into regular explosions, which still kill you very dead.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png