Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Getting PC to recognize Windows 7 partition [SOLVED]

cooljammer00cooljammer00 SchattenjägersGon' SchattenjägeRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Couldn't think of a good title to catch the eye, but I basically needed to install XP onto a separate partition on my Windows 7 machine. I followed the steps, including disabling SATA in the BIOS. But now the computer only seems to recognize that I have XP installed. How would I boot into the other part of the hard drive with Windows 7 on it?

I read somewhere that this is an issue that some people have faced because older versions of Windows don't recognize newer ones? Anyway, I'd really like to be able to dual boot properly.

cooljammer00 on
steam_sig.png

I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS. 3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348

• EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2010
    When you installed Windows XP you should have seen if you could have got drivers for the sATA.

Also, you can tell it to boot into windows 7 or xp by pushing a key to bring up the boot mgner.

SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Schattenjägers Gon' SchattenjägeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I found some guides to fix this online, but I wouldn't put this as solved yet.

steam_sig.png

I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS. 3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348