As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 forum badges

• Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I like #5 the best! :mrgreen:

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    cafeganeshacafeganesha Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wooooo! I like version #1 the best. Cool looking, simple and quickly recognizable. I don't like the lens flare or swirled background on the other versions.

I'd love to be on the back this year!

cafeganesha on
    @cafeganesha on PAX Twitter
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the votes all. I've tallied them up and they currently stand at:

Version 1 44% vote
    Version 2 9% vote
    Version 3 5% vote
    Version 4 18% vote
    Version 5 24% vote

Version 1 is the clear winner here. I'll wait a little longer before locking down the design, so there is still time to vote.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PAX East was my 'first time', so to speak. How does one go about getting a badge? I just kind of assumed that you made your own and printed it out yourself. Is this not the case?

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    kropotkin prints them all pretty like and them puts them in special plastic holders. You can then pick them up at Pre-PAX events or go bother Big Red @ BYOC

Choose carefully though, Big Red is also known as the "Supreme Lord of Rage", you may be better off coming and meeting new people and having a great time doing community events on Thursday.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I vote that nobody gives Smalllady one during any of those events so she has to come get her badge from me.

I have been known to ask very difficult questions to make people earn the badge. I just want to see people sweat and I just give them one anyway :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    oh sure! punish me for trying to make your life a little bit easier! :P

SmallLady on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey during PAX itself I have little to do (nothing the rest of my staff cant handle anyway). All my work is pre event and at close.

I create things for me to do, like the badge distro, and the PONY CONTEST :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    FINE! :P from now on I'll tell everybody who asks to get it from you?

btw, I've totally decided to BYOC for chance at Ponies!

SmallLady on
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd have to vote for #5, swirly background looks better to me.

I'm not sure which is scarier, socializing or being intimidated in front of all of PAX.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    omg, pwnies are coming back to byoc prime!?

yayayayay

although, I was a bit excited to hear about the bridge contest at byoc east.

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    Bigtoy_JBigtoy_J Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    I have been known to ask very difficult questions to make people earn the badge. I just want to see people sweat and I just give them one anyway :P

I can vouch for the above. I even read all the questions/answers before I walked up to get a badge at Pax East. The grilling was horrible, all the answers left my head. I was reduced to saying "Blue background with gray text" for all the answers.

In the end pity was taken and I was handed a forum badge. I was sweating when I walked away.

Oh, and it was not Big Red that did the grilling, he was busy, the duty was handed off to another Enforcer. Red has trained his forum badge questioners well.

Bigtoy_J on
    Love George Bernard Shaw quotations.

Also, I can count to "boat".
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha :D

BigRed on
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I vote design #1. I look forward to picking one of these up!

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    man screw designing one, I never knew there was TRIVIA for one!!!!

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    how hard a question/s are we talking...like "what's the orbital velocity of the moon?"

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just some questions to prove you are a member of the forums

BigRed on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just some questions to prove you are a member of the forums

O NOES!

Are they forum related questions? I am new so I doubt I know any of the inside jokes..... D:

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    MarsupermammalMarsupermammal Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    You always have a chance to find one of the non BigRed, and therefor less motivated by a desire to watch you squirm members of the BYOC enforcer crew with the forum badges as well. I don't recall seeing anyone else giving people quite the same run around BigRed was shooting for when he wasn't around, haha. Perhaps there needs to be a training session to bring every other forum badge distributor up to snuff.

+1 for back

Marsupermammal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well if you are on the back of the badge we didnt really give you any shit :P if you wernt there then we got to grill you on some forum trivia :P

Yes they are forum related questions, just some basic info will earn you a badge. But ill ask some near impossible questions anyway before that because im an evil bastard

BigRed on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hurray for design number 1!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Realized I commented without voting.

#1 would be my preferred design, por favor.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey during PAX itself I have little to do (nothing the rest of my staff cant handle anyway). All my work is pre event and at close.

I create things for me to do, like the badge distro, and the PONY CONTEST :P

My daughter is hoping to get a chance to defend her PONY CONTEST CROWN.......last years was EPIC fun!

Rayman on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't remember seeing/noticing any of these at East, but I like it! I really dig #1. Second place vote for #5. I agree that that background should be without the red. Keep the colors to their respective coasts.
    How many are printed? Is there a chance of running out?

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't think they have ever ran out, theres always extras because people are like YEAH I WANT ONE then always fail to show up to pick one up.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    People have been asking about the trivia questions and what they are. In essence, if you read this thread you not only get the questions, but also the answers! So all you have to do is read this thread to ensure you know the answer to the questions. Here are the ones for PAX Prime.

1) Name an unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* West Coast Train Trip
    * Cross Country Super Trip
    * Canadian Super Trip
    * Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Pre PAX Gaming Night
    * Post PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name the primary forum admin

Moe Fwacky

5) What colour scheme are the forums in?

Blue with white text.

6) What does the 'CST' stand for?

Canadian Super Trip

7) Why do key forum threads have the word [Prime] as a prefix in their titles?

They are threads that relate to PAX'10 in Seattle as opposed to PAX East in Boston.

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during the event. What is this group called?

The Cookie (& Biscuit) Brigade

9) How many names are printed on the back of the PAX East Forum Badge?

TBD

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited April 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »
    People have been asking about the trivia questions and what they are. In essence, if you read this thread you not only get the questions, but also the answers! So all you have to do is read this thread to ensure you know the answer to the questions. Here are the ones for PAX Prime.

1) Name an unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* West Coast Train Trip
    * Cross Country Super Trip
    * Canadian Super Trip
    * Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Pre PAX Gaming Night
    * Post PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name the primary forum admin

Moe Fwacky

5) What colour scheme are the forums in?

Blue with white text.

6) What does the 'CST' stand for?

Canadian Super Trip

7) Why do key forum threads have the word [Prime] as a prefix in their titles?

They are threads that relate to PAX'10 in Seattle as opposed to PAX East in Boston.

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during the event. What is this group called?

The Cookie (& Biscuit) Brigade

9) How many names are printed on the back of the PAX East Forum Badge?

TBD

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

You forgot WANG, which would be my answer for #1. :mrgreen:

Also, how do you get your name on the back of the badge? Does that denote something specific?

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Your name is on the back of the badge by you saying "hello good sir, i would like to have my name on the back of the badge". Alternatively, you could just not say that and kropotkin will put it on there automatically since you've posted in this thread.

Either way works.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Your name is on the back of the badge by you saying "hello good sir, i would like to have my name on the back of the badge". Alternatively, you could just not say that and kropotkin will put it on there automatically since you've posted in this thread.

Either way works.

Well, just in case then....

Hello good sir kropotkin, I would like to have my name on the back of the badge, please and thank you."

:mrgreen:

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    VonXWolfensteinVonXWolfenstein Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am digging #5. They are all good though. I like the PAX logo being prominent rather than the Penny Arcade logo.

I'm still sad I missed out on picking mine up last year.

VonXWolfenstein on
  • Options
    lkhushrenadalkhushrenada Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My vote is for the 2nd or the 3rd one.

lkhushrenada on
  • Options
    HakkinslashHakkinslash Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    I am brand new to the forums, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I vote for #5 or #1. I will definitely be at Prime so please be so kind as to add my name to the back.

Hakkinslash on
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Hello good sir kropotkin, I would like to have my name on the back of the badge, please and thank you."

lol

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Well for being so revoltingly obsequious, you will have to answer ALL 10 QUESTIONS in order to get a badge. Whilst being held updside down. In a tub full of lard. Covered in tar. And feathers. And on fire.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited April 2010

Well for being so revoltingly obsequious, you will have to answer ALL 10 QUESTIONS in order to get a badge. Whilst being held updside down. In a tub full of lard. Covered in tar. And feathers. And on fire.

oooooh. that sounds entertaining! :D

SmallLady on
  • Options
    VenerableMonsterVenerableMonster Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I vote number 1.

This sounds like a ton of fun. This is my first PAX, and I just joined the forums. I wish to participate. I also wish to be your friend. Will you all be my friend? I don't want to be myself at PAX. Also, does anyone have any tips on how to handle getting involved with all this cool community stuff. I find myself both socially awkward and technically inept. Thank you.

<3,
    The Monster

VenerableMonster on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Awwwww.....

Well, that should certainly liven things up a bit.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    #1 fo' sho! Either that or 5...
    You putting forumer names on the back again?

Oh hey, add a poll to this post... easy way of talying up votes if that's what you want to do...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just to be clear, the back of the badge remains the same design as PAX'09 with only the names changing. I have described how you get your name on the badge earlier on in this thread. Rest assured that I shall be updating the OP as things progress towards the badges creation and distibution.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Awwwww.....

Well, that should certainly liven things up a bit.

I know I'd pay to watch. And film, as a warning to future generations.

Oh, and for what it's worth: me likey numero uno.

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
This discussion has been closed.