As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DPM Fierce [chat]

1464748495052»

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Speaking of urinals, I am utterly stunned at how often (roughly 99% of the time, not exaggerating) I will go into the Men's restroom at a bar and find a line of dudes waiting for the urinals when there is one available, but it is in between two other dudes.

There are so many people who have problems with homophobia or personal space or something that they completely refuse to use the middle urinal.

Nobody wants to look at your junk!

On the other hand this benefits me because I walk past the line of dudes and use the middle urinal.

I will use a middle urinal if it's the only one available. Otherwise, you gotta respect the rules.

The urinal "rules" are the dumbest fucking thing, first of all. Unless it's all a joke but it seems to be taken seriously by many.

Second of all, I'm talking about when it is the only urinal available and there is a line of 10 dudes who refuse to use it.

Wait, a 10 dude deep line for the bathroom? Where the hell are you that this is a common experience?

The trick to those situations is to form a human centipede where one person pees in the second guys mouth who then pees in the third guys mouth and so on and so forth until the last guy pees into the urinal.

oh my god it's not a centipede at all!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    thom: yeah, i had the book thrown at me already. some folks saying i'm a piece of shit, others saying i'm an okay person but setting myself up for hurt and being stupid. damn you, 22 year old impulsivity!

Man, it's always weird when I discover how old you guys are! I think of you as adults while I think of myself as a kid, but, for example, Organichu and I are the same age!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Speaking of urinals, I am utterly stunned at how often (roughly 99% of the time, not exaggerating) I will go into the Men's restroom at a bar and find a line of dudes waiting for the urinals when there is one available, but it is in between two other dudes.

There are so many people who have problems with homophobia or personal space or something that they completely refuse to use the middle urinal.

Nobody wants to look at your junk!

On the other hand this benefits me because I walk past the line of dudes and use the middle urinal.

I will use a middle urinal if it's the only one available. Otherwise, you gotta respect the rules.

The urinal "rules" are the dumbest fucking thing, first of all. Unless it's all a joke but it seems to be taken seriously by many.

Second of all, I'm talking about when it is the only urinal available and there is a line of 10 dudes who refuse to use it.

Wait, a 10 dude deep line for the bathroom? Where the hell are you that this is a common experience?

A super crowded bar here that only has 3 urinals. I actually don't like that bar but a number of my friends do.

It doesn't have any toilets? Christ. And all of this rules shit. When I was a wee lad, I had to figure out how the rules applied to a trough urinal. Then I realized we were all pissing into a trough and it's not likely that anyone would care.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010
    We just need to make peeing on the grass acceptable. It'd get rid of bathroom lines.

But they are so much fun.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    thom: yeah, i had the book thrown at me already. some folks saying i'm a piece of shit, others saying i'm an okay person but setting myself up for hurt and being stupid. damn you, 22 year old impulsivity!
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Oh man, speaking of peeing. Today.

Scene: public bathroom.

I enter, there is a late-30s/omewhere-40s guy standing at the urinal. I get to a stall, unzip, pee, zip, wash hands and get out while he's still standing at his urinal. It felt so damn good. I should've said something as I was leaving.

You are proud of having a small bladder?

Um, no. I have no delay to my start-time and a lot of power to the stream.

maybe he had a prostate thing

for some reason if i have had a lot of caffeine that day i can't pee unless i have relative peace and quiet. like a loud noise will make me seize up and just ruin it

it's called "old", will, however you dress it

nah it's been that way for as long as i have been drinking coffee

i hope it's not a prostate thing. my dad just got diagnosed with prostate cancer and had to have it removed!

i offered to send him a baggie and rubber band for his recovery period.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wednesday, I think early evening. So we'll still have some of your spring break to do stuff.

I think I'm becoming a bit obsessed with SC2. I've switched to Zerg. Nydus canals are awesome!

Hah! You fixed the typo! :P

Also that's good to hear. Winky and I have been slugging it out in TvT for a bit, I think were getting steadily better, you and I should do the same sometime.

Basically we played the same race match up, and similar build concept, over and over refining it. It's surprisingly fun.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It doesn't have any toilets? Christ. And all of this rules shit. When I was a wee lad, I had to figure out how the rules applied to a trough urinal. Then I realized we were all pissing into a trough and it's not likely that anyone would care.

No I mean it only has 3 urinals, it also has one stall.

Also using the stall to piss when there is a urinal open but it's in between two dudes is also fucking silly.

GODDAMMIT NOBODY WANTS TO LOOK AT YOUR JUNK QUIT BEING SO FUCKING SCARED OF PEEING NEXT TO SOMEONE ELSE

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How old are you prof?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We just need to make peeing on the grass acceptable. It'd get rid of bathroom lines.

But they are so much fun.

One of the few good things about living in the country: trees and nobody watching.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Oh man, speaking of peeing. Today.

Scene: public bathroom.

I enter, there is a late-30s/omewhere-40s guy standing at the urinal. I get to a stall, unzip, pee, zip, wash hands and get out while he's still standing at his urinal. It felt so damn good. I should've said something as I was leaving.

Oh fuck, so people do notice?

I find it near impossible to piss when other people are around, so when I go to a urinal I tend to stand there until the bathroom is empty. I always wondered if this stood out.

I thought everyone treated public peeing as a race. I thought everyone understood what is at stake.

See, I've always felt the opposite.

Some guy would come in, pee, and leave while I was still peeing and in my head I'd be all "Look at the guy with the tiny bladder."

He knows what he heard, as he slowly drip-drip-dripped.

you understand that playing with karma when it comes to urinary issues is not a wise thing to do right

there is as broad a spectrum of hilarious and painful afflictions as wide as the universe is vast that that bitch karma can hit your magnificent urinary system with in response
    In fact, i bet mr old uti mc kidney stones there probably stood where you are today laughing his ass off 20 years ago

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Man, it's always weird when I discover how old you guys are! I think of you as adults while I think of myself as a kid, but, for example, Organichu and I are the same age!

And yet you have more common sense. And you are younger then me whippersnapper.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Well, I don't know how it actually works. All I know is that I've never gotten sick just drinking beer.

About 50-60% of the time I've drank liquor I've ended up getting sick.

That's good enough for me to just drink beer.

Pro tip: When you drink liquor your supposed to drink less than when you drink beer. :P

Indeed, but even times where I think I've taken it pretty easy I've ended up getting sick

And then times where I was drinking shit at a torrid pace and taking jello shots and crap I'll be fine.

It's just seemingly far too random for me to take my chances with ultimately.

Not to mention the fact that I love beer. I am not very sad about only drinking that particular beverage especially considering the whole "not getting sick from it" upside.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Surefire way to make another dude look at your junk: snicker at the urinal.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How old are you prof?

It... It's in the quote in his post.

Edit: Damn my presumption.

Quid on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    i have plenty of common sense

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How old are you prof?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Girls seem to come into my life in groups. Either there are lots of them or none of them.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I think my desire for a trim quote tree obfuscated my point. I was responding more to everything you have said so far - which I think does lead to that. I think if a person - Will, or whomever - doesn't enjoy witnessing or partaking in a certain act, it does not follow that he is reinforcing his dominance over a subjugated class. Equating distaste with oppression strikes me as incredibly convenient.

If I said that I can't stand the sight of two men kissing, and that such a thing disgusts me, even though the sight of a man and a woman kissing does not disgust me in any way, would you find it absurd to surmise homophobia?

what do you mean by "homophobia," Feral? A distaste for witnessing homosexual activity, and an uncouth way of expressing that sentiment? Yes, that would be a fair thing for me to conclude. Enthusiastic support for the state-backed oppression of the class in every civil arena? Depending on the language you used, that would absolutely be stretching it!

Our assessments of people and behaviors are suspended in a large and complicated matrix. My plumber is a very valuable guy to know when I have a leak, but I don't really care to talk politics with him, nor do I ask him for advice about my cat. I am not reinforcing my subjugation over him by valuing him in certain arenas over others.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    How old are you prof?

It... It's in the quote in his post.

Hah! See! He's 21, not 22!

Also I'm older than you Prof.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    He knows what he heard, as he slowly drip-drip-dripped.

you understand that playing with karma when it comes to urinary issues is not a wise thing to do right

there is as broad a spectrum of hilarious and painful afflictions as wide as the universe is vast that that bitch karma can hit your magnificent urinary system with in response
    In fact, i bet mr old uti mc kidney stones there probably stood where you are today laughing his ass off 20 years ago

But this is my time! This is when I should be the terror of all the old white dudes in lines at the stadium or whatever. To show them what I'm working with.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i have plenty of common sense

Uh-huh.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

And yet you have more common sense. And you are younger then me whippersnapper.

Hah well, I've never really been tested. The range of experiences that Organichu has had in like.. the last 6 months.. have thoroughly outdone anything I've experienced.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    215556225_iY7Sb-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I think my desire for a trim quote tree obfuscated my point. I was responding more to everything you have said so far - which I think does lead to that. I think if a person - Will, or whomever - doesn't enjoy witnessing or partaking in a certain act, it does not follow that he is reinforcing his dominance over a subjugated class. Equating distaste with oppression strikes me as incredibly convenient.

If I said that I can't stand the sight of two men kissing, and that such a thing disgusts me, even though the sight of a man and a woman kissing does not disgust me in any way, would you find it absurd to surmise homophobia?

I wouldn't think so. Tolerance of a lifestyle doesn't necessarily preclude a personal revulsion.

I personally have no problems seeing two dudes being casually affectionate, but it doesn't mean that i wouldn't be revolted at watching them bone.

Okay, from my perspective there are two possible responses to this feeling of revulsion.

One is to think, "Man, that's revolting, I didn't want to see that."
    The other is to think, "Why do I find that revolting? People do that all the time, what is causing my revulsion?"

The former isn't an unconscionably immoral act; I'm not revoking "permission" to react that way. However, I do see it as closed-minded, and I do see it as a form of stereotypical thinking. It's a tacit acknowledgment effectively stating, "I have a stereotypical idea of what sex is, and I don't want to bother stepping out of that stereotype."

I understand that this comes across with moralizing language. I recognize that not everybody can be totally open-minded on every subject all the time. There are plenty of subjects on which I have no interest in challenging my own stereotypes. Human sexuality happens to be a subject I'm passionate about, so I'm sure this is coming through.

What I see is a culturally dominant schema of sex that is mostly heteronormative (with a little bit of license given to cute lesbians), mostly monogamous (with a little bit of license to cute girlfriends going at it), and mostly focused on the glorification of the young and the "beautiful" (with a media-reinforced standard of beauty).

This schema is itself a stereotype; it holds up this particular type of sex - heterosexual sex between two young pretty people - as beautiful, and all other forms of sex as akin to using the toilet. (In that people do it, and people will never stop doing it, but it should be done in the dark with the blinds closed and for god sake don't make too much noise.)

okay i am a little too drunk and tired to answer this with the thoughtfulness it deserves, but i will say that as a heterosexual in a long-term monogamous relationship with a lady who i find attractive, i don't feel a strong responsibility outside of basic tolerance towards the sexual habits of other people, and i don't feel a responsibility to try to bend my mind around finding unattractive people attractive or revolting acts unrevolting or their union unrevolting and attractive.

i mean i know that you engage in a lot of practices with a lot of people that i would find at best distasteful and more likely pretty revolting. and i support your right to do this! but i also believe that it is proper and my right to regard things as distasteful and/ or revolting.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.