As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beard Trimmer Recommendation

tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I had this really shitty Norelco trimmer I got from Target for $20, and it completely died on me. Won't charge, won't run while plugged in, nothing. I didn't really like it anyway. Any suggestions on what to replace it with?

steam_sig.png
tsmvengy on

• SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In my experience Beard Trimmers (and other such products) tend to work on the tandem of 'You get what you pay for', meaning they're appropriately priced for the quality of the product.

That said, depends on how long you want it to last. I don't know what's available in your area but I've got a nice $60 trimmer which works wonders. I'd suggest looking for one which has some sort of kit or attachment which regulates trimming length, a small brush to remove the hair from the razor after and some oil for touch up every month or so (depending on how often you trim).

Sipex on
  • ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I use a Remington MB-45 and really like it.

Reiten on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just want some sort of template I can use to make sure my goatee is straight when I trim it.

Sometimes I'll trim it up, then notice a couple days later that it's actually off center and I've looked like a silly goose for the past couple of days.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Norelco G370, has worked fine for over a year, keeps a good charge and the kit came with a bunch of attachments, some I actually use. Cleaning and oiling your trimmer goes a long ways towards helping it last longer, but yeah, if you buy a cheapo one it probably won't last 10 years.

travathian on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I just want some sort of template I can use to make sure my goatee is straight when I trim it.

Sometimes I'll trim it up, then notice a couple days later that it's actually off center and I've looked like a silly goose for the past couple of days.

Go to a barbershop/hair stylist and have them do it for you. It's the only way.

L Ron Howard on
  • Raif SeveranceRaif Severance Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbHU8qOy2c4
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Raif Severance on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's actually a great thing and worth the $20 if you're worried about your goatee not being even.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me