As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From Zero to Hero-ic Age: Dark Reign is OVER, WE WON!

1161718192022»

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    So Young Allies #1, a good first issue. Toro kind of feels like he should have been from Africa given his origin, but the word for bull in Somali probably doesn't sound as cool as Toro does.

Arana wasn't annoying, Gravity was cool and should totally become Punisher Jr., Firestar was fine but seemed to be too young, at least in how Baldeon's drawing her, and Bucky was cool.

The Bastards of Evil are really annoying and kind of bring up the point that even if this is the Heroic Age, the punks deserve to die because while they're basically a parody of villains that seemed more in place a few years ago. It's just in trying to show the extremes between young hero and young villain, McKeever is really making the point that just beating them up and putting them in jail won't solve anything, so what do you do instead? (the answer is have Gravity crush their heads in).

A good first issue though, I'm dropping Iron Man and Uncanny and replacing them with this title.

Oh god why am I agreeing with you

seriously though everyone needs to go out and buy this book. It needs the support more than almost any other title.

Furu on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I already bought it

What more can I do but sit and watch as it gets canceled before the year's end

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I already bought it

What more can I do but sit and watch as it gets canceled before the year's end

Buy ten copies of every issue.

Or just get as many people reading it as you can

Furu on
  • NODeNODe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My local store had sold out of it, he's backordered it though and it's now on my pull list.

NODe on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I guess I'll grab it, but only because Midtown Comics is awesome where every $100 you spend they give you $20 in credit (so I'm hitting this monthly sometimes tri-weekly with the forum suggestions).

cardboard delusions on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hope we get a Young Allies ish where they flashback to Gravity's time with GLA, or at least team up with them. That was sorta glossed over as a side joke, but I always hoped it was gonna get us at least a half issue of hilarity.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508