As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jordan Jesse Go Penny Arcade Podcast!

JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Social Entropy++
The Jordan Jesse Go Penny Arcade interview podcast went up!

I didn't see a discussion thread. After all the discussion that the initial front page post brought, and the revelation that there are many regular listeners of the JJGo-cast, I one was called for.

Listen!

And then talk!

qcklw92m98s0.png
Jaunty on

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    who what?

oh yeah, those guys who gabe and tycho didn't like. huh, that took awhile to come out.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've never listened to Jordan Jesse Go before. So mind you I'm basing this off purely being in the middle of listening to only this one episode currently. This isn't funny in the slightest.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    is it moviecomics?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I looked at the clock again. What are we at? 15 minutes...

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I've never listened to Jordan Jesse Go before. So mind you I'm basing this off purely being in the middle of listening to only this one episode currently. This isn't funny in the slightest.

But to be clear, you're listening to it when two people who were unhappy with being there were on.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

But to be clear, you're listening to it when two people who were unhappy with being there were on.

Oh certainly. Although Mike and Jerry's anger is the only thing I'm finding funny.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »

Granted, but most of what I listened to (and I admit, I stopped after about 20 minutes because I was seriously bored) was just the two hosts 'bantering' with each other, and ... it really wasn't funny. Tycho was amusing, when he could get a word in edgewise.

tynic on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm gonna make green bean casserole tonight.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm afraid of what this says about me but
    I'm dying with all this dog shit

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought it was pretty funny

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I listened to all of it, they really needed to let their guests talk more. There was so much interruption.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This is a great podcast: there need to be more podcasts between people who hate each other

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm maybe a quarter of the way through it

so far it's two guys trying to prove to their guests how smart and clever and funny they are

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I listened to all of it, they really needed to let their guests talk more. There was so much interruption.

They even keep talking over each other. Its very unprofessional.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Like I get that they didn't talk much.

But it seemed like they could have

They jumped in if they wanted to. Jerry seemed to go along with it at points

I mean I guess it's not a good "interview" but, not having listened to any other episodes, is that what the podcast is supposed to be?

It seems like a miscommunication of what the format was

I really don't see the big deal but I listen to podcasts which are mainly just dudes sitting around and talking.

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    everyone stop listening to this and listen to bill simmons chat it up with david dochovny

Barcardi on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ubik wrote: »

I mean I guess it's not a good "interview" but, not having listened to any other episodes, is that what the podcast is supposed to be?

I really don't see the big deal but I mainly listen to podcasts which are mainly just dudes sitting around and talking.

this is exactly what it was

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    #pipe. I have watched the video like 3 or 4 times and I'm still considering PMing you about the girl in your sig. Actually moreso than before I watched it, now that I think about it. So... mesmerizing.

Re: the podcast - I may listen to it at some point. I don't know. It sounds kind of tense.

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I really don't see the big deal but I mainly listen to podcasts which are mainly just dudes sitting around and talking.

I mean I know that the guys sitting around and bullshitting podcasts I listen to are edited down from a lot of material

but I'm pretty sure that Mike and Jerry going on You Look Nice Today would be a heck of a lot more funny than this.

#pipe on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JJG isn't really an interview show

it's them shooting the shit with their guests about, like, dinosaurs and stuff

which is not at all what Mike and Jerry were prepared for

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's a thread for this already?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I don't get why they didn't roll with it and be like "ok, this isn't a traditional interview" instead of coming off like jerks about the whole thing

i.e. get mad at the people who said it was an interview show, not the hosts

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    dukerayburndukerayburn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the show is not an interview show. There were miscommunications throughout the week before, so Gave and Tycho's publicist never really got that fact across to them.

It's just a free-form comedy talk show. When hosts and guest(s) are all on the same page, it can be very funny. This time, it wasn't.

dukerayburn on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Maybe they were bored.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »

I... I didn't know. Where is it?

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, it wasn't a miscommunication as much as a non-communication. They had no clue what they were walking into.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    please stop referring to Mike and Jerry as "G&T"

it makes me think of that awful forum

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »

I... I didn't know. Where is it?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=113781

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I don't get why they didn't roll with it and be like "ok, this isn't a traditional interview" instead of coming off like jerks about the whole thing

Jerry posted that he was pissed about them being an hour late.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    please stop referring to Mike and Jerry as "G&T"

it makes me think of that awful forum

Did you see Games and Technology is up for the Time 100 Most Influential People?

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2010

Fair enough. That's a jerk move.

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2010
    This podcast makes me wish that Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick did a podcast

#pipe on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh hey, can we talk about other podcasts too?

this american life and fresh air and bs report and smodcast and slashfilm and the ifc.com podcasts are all great!

also, i've been getting into the creative screenwriting magazine podcast lately, and it is great! the latest one is for the movie Once, which makes me so very happy

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Fair enough. That's a jerk move.

In Jesse's explanation he said that they had moved the time and that didn't get communicated down to Mike and Jerry, so they were there 30 minutes before Jesse expected them, but Jordan was 20 minutes late because of traffic.

The guy I feel worst for in all this is Jordan, because he is a really big fan and was really looking forward to that show.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    This podcast makes me wish that Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick did a podcast

You and me both #pipe

The commentaries on the VB dvds are really great

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    YOU LOOK NICE TODAY: A JOURNAL OF EMOTIONAL HYGIENE

listen to it. love it.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2010
    Yeah we profoundly do not need to fucking talk about this particular issue any more.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.