As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RADlands] Rad in the Morning (DE?AD's I Can Barely Sleep in this Thread Remix)

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cheeseliker liked some super spicy pepper jack cheese a little too much

I told you those holes weren't made for that dogg

aaaaaand hes back

VALVEjunkie on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    holes are holes, alright dude. ssuper spicy pepper jack cheese is amazing for any hole.....

san francisco cocksucker!!!

Cheeseliker on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJFOf5RBQ-8&feature=related

fucking watch this, and if you dont want to watch deadwood after, you are insane.

Cheeseliker on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxFqtNcoYtw"]The Bro's Rug[/vidURL
    [Henry Phys 2 Soc 4 Ment 2 RAD BS||||||]COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ICC[/COLOR

I think my eyes are open, it's so dark it's hard to tell for sure. I try and move my hand slightly...

and a series of concentric, green rings highlight the gesture, a hand trying to clutch at a pitch black surface. My hand. I am face down on something black and plastic-like.

Ah.

I take a step forward, the lighted rings are there again, the only light in a universe of darkness. A sudden deep pain in my chest adds a deep, lime haze to my vision. It fades, cut, then appears again, coinciding with another sharp pang. A heartbeat, why?

Still face down, I focus on the green lights. They are words. cut them free. I try to read them but recognition rebels, they evade me, twist before my very eyes to remain indecipherable.

I call out, carbosilicate flows forth from my mouth like bubbling pitch, dripping from my chin to the ground. Cut. The light of my movement flows behind the growing pool of graphite-like liquid. Revealing the order, the order of it. It spreads out thin, like a spider's web. Each thread an action, a word, a gesture, an expression. A world, a universe, a creation of possibility, second by second denied. Reaching up I select a thread. It's cool texture hardens with a green burst. A choice made, a thousand billion other possibilities destroyed. Cut.

They... approach from the corners of my eyes. Familiar faces marred by hollow sockets, twisted grins of betrayers. I know them... friends. Cut Them. Stumbling into view. Their every step a mockery of human motion. I note that their limbs have been flayed away. Flayed but for the bone and tendons. Tendons that rise up, disappear into the darkened sky. I try and crawl away, but the carbosilicate clings, will not allow me the escape I crave. The tendons... they are like the strings of a marionette. Cut Them Free.

"-gh!" I shout, breathing sharply. This is... the van. I'm in the van, seat's reclined, sleeping. Just a nightmare.

They must've let me sleep on the ride here. Nice of them, I suppose. I open the van door and half hop, half stumble onto the ground in front of the Palomar wall. They must've made it inside. Drat.

I wave to one of the mutants patrolling the wall, "Ahoy there! Did the group who own this van." I shout up, gesturing at the van, "go in there," I add, now gesturing at the gate.

Marshmallow on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh there is marsh

hi marsh!

sorry I missed dnd today did felix kill stuff anyway?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Nah, I ended up sleeping until I had to go to work at 5pm.

Need to figure out how to subtly ask for days off without it being obvious that it's for silly "games with friends" reasons.

Marshmallow on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    it's all ready, he just needs to get back

Sowwy! Spontaneous visit to Janson's

I was thinking of you the whole time

[Bro]

Inside the Winnebago, Dusty glances over at Crabby, buckled as snugly as his frame could be in the passenger seat. "Concerned about mission. Mutant-human relations bo-o-ound to be tense. Possibly resulting in ta-a-aking aggro from one rrrk both sides." He meets his gaze with the sleepy, recessed eyes of Walken-Prime. "Hmmph. Worry too much." The tape player whirls into life, as if on cue:

On a mission from God

radbrothers.gif

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited April 2010
    oh my god Dubh

VALVEjunkie on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Squall drew that

we concocted the idea together, though

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2010
    I love both of you

so much

I wish I could love you to DEATH

VALVEjunkie on
    edited April 2010
    The only thing beyond the reach of my fists...

is humanity

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    god

damnit

Raneados on
    edited April 2010
    all of you now know how we're handling the last half of our mission

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I loved drawing that and listened to the soundtrack the entire time

Squall on
    edited April 2010
    oh hey look at that it's a totp how convenient
    Dubh wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    it's all ready, he just needs to get back

Sowwy! Spontaneous visit to Janson's

I was thinking of you the whole time

[Bro]

Inside the Winnebago, Dusty glances over at Crabby, buckled as snugly as his frame could be in the passenger seat. "Concerned about mission. Mutant-human relations bo-o-ound to be tense. Possibly resulting in ta-a-aking aggro from one rrrk both sides." He meets his gaze with the sleepy, recessed eyes of Walken-Prime. "Hmmph. Worry too much." The tape player whirls into life, as if on cue:

On a mission from God

radbrothers.gif

Squall on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That is the best.

What is not the best? Random fluish symptoms with no clear source.

DE?AD on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Deluge]
    Makali: Phys 1 \||||[] Soc 4[] Ment 4(Telekineticx2)[] RAD ||[/color[Replica Katana][W+2][+3: 5+,5+]

Makali generally responds to the party-goers words with a smile and a laugh, explaining that he's not trying to take over. That sounds so hostile! Just having a bit of fun, and make sure you go to the party tonight it'll be a treat.

He hangs around and goes to a local dinner (if one exists) and has a reinvigorating meal there.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hoping it'll be alright to leave the Bro to his, er, long, hard diplomacy.

A mutant human babby would maybe help ease the tension between the mutants and human village. Dunno what else we should get up to in the meantime

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ahhh Blues brothers.

This excellent thing to wake up to.

NeoToma on
    edited April 2010
    shit sucks de?ad, hope you feel better

Squall on
    edited April 2010
    dammit squall and dubh

quit making awesome as hell things

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2010
    okay

Squall on
    edited April 2010
    wait no what have I done

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, awesome shit keeps happening.

B]Dan[/B
    THM: ?

"Ya don't seem ta get my point, my point was that I don't care that yer better than me, don't make ya more deservin' a respect, but I don't expect ya ta unnerstand, so don't break yer head over it. Not that ya'd do that, anyway.

And no, I grasp perfectly that ya think there is no I, but there is. Ya see, the fact the ya got emotions, thoughts, 'nd a persanality a yer own, indicates that yer a person, an individual. Unless yer Singular one is incredibly insane, with a whole slew a split persanalities yer channelin'. Well..... I'd have ta revise my theory then and actually take pity on you bunch a pansies....."

I open an eye. "Got a smoke?"

Dux on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »

[Dan]COLOR="Lime"]2[/COLOR
    Dan wheels to the door and tugs on the handle. It turns easily, but the door refuses to open. It seems to be stuck, or, a bit more disconcertingly, barricaded.

Jen and Sydney arrive on the scene just in time to see him wiggle the door handle uneventfully. It looks like the side window of the cabin is open slightly.

Meanwhile, a few minutes in the future, perhaps many. Not you personally. You as a species. We are better. Incomplete, but better. You have one advantage, and we will take that now and we will be the best. She snaps her fingers. Emotions an unfortunate side effect of the shell. Fixed soon. Then everything will be good. Everything perfect.

We are not doing what we are told. You seem incapable of grasping simply concepts - no "I". Carbosilicate monocrystal shell designed to channel ރޑ. Singular. One.
    She casually cuts open T.H.M.'s legs, pain racing up his spine as her fingertips slide through the skin and muscle.

Syd toss the keys to Dan before checking out the window, hoping this doesn't end up the same as checking out the vent in the asylum.

NeoToma on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Soooo....

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey De?ad, when you aren't vomiting into a toilet, what sorts of things in the mutant camp can we explore? Wolf's going to be looking around and doing a bit of shopping and politicking.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What is beyond the gate of darkness?!

I must know!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited April 2010
    been teachin valve how to murder dudes then shit on their corpses in SS13

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2010
    tommy fucking murderized a chef cause the microwave was busted and he couldnt make the sandwich

he then shoved his corpse in a meat grinder

VALVEjunkie on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    people still play ss13?

I was the worst traitor

Shabooty on
    edited April 2010
    tommy fucking murderized a chef cause the microwave was busted and he couldnt make the sandwich

he then shoved his corpse in a meat grinder

that's detective Billy Bob Bo Bob to you, civilian

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Is SS13 that game with the fucking impossible interface?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2010
    maybe?

I thought it wasnt that bad, personally

VALVEjunkie on
    edited April 2010
    Look I'm bad at interfaces, ok.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited April 2010
    It had a horrific interface.

Also I was either a terrible traitor, and everyone knew it was me within a few minutes, or I was a terrifying traitor, and not a single person (even my target) suspected it was me until the end.

Oh man, one time my assassination target was passed out in the security room. I unscrewed the glass, crept in to the (formerly) locked room, fed him a cyanide pill, then went back out and shut the glass behind me.

I then called in my own target's murder over the radio, and waited outside the locked room (which I had no key to, of course) so that security could confirm there was no way I could've committed the crime. It was beautiful.

Marshmallow on
    edited April 2010
    I was the security officer and the traitor, just starting to make my plots

explosives engineer walks in, a minute into the game, and suicide bombs the security office

had to tell the admin so people weren't wandering around for twenty minutes wondering who the traitor was

silly geese make ss13 way less fun than it could be

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited April 2010
    Security officers were always suspicious, violent, power-mad pricks whenever I played. It's why I always kept a fully charged shock glove or two on me, for dealing with security who decided bullying the only guy interested in keeping the engine running was a good idea.

Marshmallow on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I bought a box of Frosted Mini Wheats today. On the back of the box is an advertisement for Frosted Mini Wheats: Little Bites.

We are dealing with Mini-Mini-Wheats

Speed Racer on
    edited April 2010
    I'm actually a half-way decent security guard

mostly because I'm really great at combat after months of dieing to griefers

nowdays, the only people I murder when I'm not the traitor is the chef

because god damn get my sandwich right you silly goose

also, they added a syringe gun, as well as a garbage disposal chute

fucking score

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.