Options

Mozilla Firefox - 'Untitled' tabs and accidental blocking

SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
Hi guys, hoping you can maybe help me out with a problem I've been having.

Mozilla Firefox is the primary web-browser that I use, and it has always worked and updated absolutely fine. However, during the week there I think I may have accidentally blocked it as the browser.

I'm in the Starcraft 2 Beta, and whenever I launch it, Windows Security has a minor episode and insists that I block it, so usually I click away to allow SC2 to connect. However I suspect that in this speedy process, I may have chosen to block Mozilla.

Now I have been into the Exceptions menu for the firewall, and Mozilla appears to be unblocked, however whenever I launch the browser, all my tabs simply show 'untitled' and I'm unable to go to sites or my bookmarks.

However, the plot thickens. If I launch Steam or WoW Launcher, and click on one of the links from them, Mozilla goes to the link fine and I'm able to browse the net normally again.

This is driving me batty, as I have no idea what is going on! Has anyone else encountered a similiar problem? And if so, anyone know a fix?

PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
Seanron on

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As a general principle have you tried running firefox in safe mode or creating a new profile by way of troubleshooting?

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The secondary profile (my fiance's profile) on my machine is experiencing the same problem. Would uninstalling and attempting a re-install work you think?

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That wouldn't be a bad thing to try, make sure you've backed up the profiles though - if the issues aren't profile related then I'd go for that first.

Also, make sure you try resetting things via safemode before you go that route (not that reinstalling firefox is a super taxing configuration task, but it's always nice to save effort).

Also, see how Chrome and IE go. If they work fine and FF doesn't then we can eliminate general network type issues.

Apothe0sis on