As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A modest proposal

ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in PAX Archive
No, Im not going to suggest you guys eat babbys.

I know you (We, as I am too) go fucking bonkers for button pins.

I am interested in having a pin of my own for PAX Prime... How do I go about doing this?

Like, I have a design in mind, but other than that I have no effing clue. I want to have (What else...) a scratch and sniff with my name on it.

Someone please let me know how to do it, Id really appreciate it.

Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
You can find me on:
Twitter.com: @Shaddz
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
Shaddz on

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A button thread will likely be made soon. They're easy to make, though I suggest waiting for the thread to begin. You will get your chance, don't worry.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah. The button swap is a big part of the forum community. A thread for it will pop up soon.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cool.

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got a coupon in the snail mail awhile ago from Pure Buttons that (sadly) expired on 3/31/10.
    Did any of you get the same coupon?

Perhaps I should have thought ahead and ordered my PAX Prime buttons before 3/31...

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I did too, but I forgot about it... They usually give us a discount now anyway right?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, I'll put good money down that they'll be rolling out a coupon for us. They love us, and we love them too! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ooh, if they do a PAX discount, then I'm glad I waited. As it is, I can only afford to get 50 made; hopefully any coupon they make will be enough for me to justify 100 instead.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't think a year has gone by where they haven't given us a discount... give it a month or two at most, I bet you we'll see something come along... or someone could ask them about it too! I think you have a contact with them don't you Arco?

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We'll probably need to contact them, but I'm sure they will gladly give us the discount.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Actually, I haven't done the button swap in years past. >.>

Arco on
  • Options
    munkyboy0930munkyboy0930 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so I would love to know more about the buttons. Like is there a theme. is there something that should be on there or is it all just what I want.

munkyboy0930 on
    trainer.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Traditionally, people have done buttons with their avatar picture on them. That's sort of the basic idea of the button swap - you have a button with your avatar on it, so people recognize you from the forums, and everyone swaps.

It's also very popular to do bonus buttons. Sometimes you have to do something to get a bonus button - like a random cool thing, tell a story, do a handstand, whatever - and sometimes they're given away freely. Bonus buttons have lots of different stuff on them.

There are also buttons for specific forumer events - several from the TriWizard Drinking Tournament, for example - that are only handed out during those events, and sometimes only if you do special things during those events.

Really, though, there are no rules. You can do whatever you like; so long as you a) make lots of buttons and b) trade them with other people, you're participating wonderfully.

Arco on
  • Options
    munkyboy0930munkyboy0930 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    thanks that is what I thought and I definitely want in on it.

munkyboy0930 on
    trainer.png
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Speaking of buttons, where is redhalo? I'm sure he'll make the thread as soon as he returns.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Aye, I haven't seen Redhalo in ages... hope he's doing okay! Are you out there Redhalo? =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Ha hasn't logged on since February. Somebody might want to hit him up via email or Facebook to get his attention.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.