Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed- not with all of you. [XCom LP III]

• TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    More of you die already

Wait for Ultima to hit that alien base.

Or any mission involving Ratio (my team). I don't think there's been a mission where i haven't lost a trooper :cry:

Hopefully things will change now that Ratio has a floating tank that fires plasma.

Reporting for duty sir!

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Theidar wrote: »
    More of you die already

Or any mission involving Ratio (my team). I don't think there's been a mission where i haven't lost a trooper :cry:

Hopefully things will change now that Ratio has a floating tank that fires plasma.

Reporting for duty sir!

Directive from the Central Core: Stop treating the humans like they are actually valuable.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    More of you die already

Reporting for duty sir!

Directive from the Central Core: Stop treating the humans like they are actually valuable.

The benefit of humans: You can fit four of them in the same space as a tank.
    Spoiler:

Now let's get on with this game of Risk. It's your turn.

Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    More of you die already

Reporting for duty sir!

The benefit of humans: You can fit four of them in the same space as a tank.
    Spoiler:

Now let's get on with this game of Risk. It's your turn.

That's what you think... but Theidar's just waiting for those psi-labs to be researched and built, and the next thing you know? The highest scorer's had his brain cut out, and one of the hovertanks has become a psionic cyborg. A Psiborg, if you will.

leonroughdividesig.jpg
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 XBL - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    More of you die already

Nah, we'll manage. I'm in contact with Commander Fallout currently about a tactic where send Rank streaking through the base as a decoy.

858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • maguffinmaguffin Registered User
    edited April 2010

That's what you think... but Theidar's just waiting for those psi-labs to be researched and built, and the next thing you know? The highest scorer's had his brain cut out, and one of the hovertanks has become a psionic cyborg. A Psiborg, if you will.

how long have you been waiting to use that?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IvarIvar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I figure there'll be an upsurge of troop recruitment when the new bases are built. So for now, there's not much point in wishing death on those who are in the roster already.

But that's basically one of the fundamental tenets behind x-com. Everyone is wishing for everyone to die spectacularly.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego.
  • msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My armor doesn't have nearly enough alien blood on it. This must be rectified.

I like to keep my alien:rookie blood ratio above 1, god damn it.

• El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I figure there'll be an upsurge of troop recruitment when the new bases are built. So for now, there's not much point in wishing death on those who are in the roster already.

But that's basically one of the fundamental tenets behind x-com. Everyone is wishing for everyone to die spectacularly.

Today is a good day for everyone else to die.

Seriously though, the Fishman is way too good at this game. I'm still like 50 people down on the recruit list. Maybe we should form a kamikaze squad for people who want their 5 minutes of glory. haha

• NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Hey, cheer up Captain. We get ourselves maimed less each sortie!

Spoiler:
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maguffin wrote: »

how long have you been waiting to use that?

Would you believe that the pun was a spur-of-the-moment thing? I have a habit of doing that...

leonroughdividesig.jpg
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 XBL - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • JedocJedoc Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Woodroez wrote: »
    More of you die already

Nah, we'll manage. I'm in contact with Commander Fallout currently about a tactic where send Rank streaking through the base as a decoy.

215521961_dpKC4-L-2.jpg

cannon.jpg
  • <:__)~&lt;:__)~ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I may or may not have, at one point in time, missed a throw through a window with a heavy explosive, had it bounce back into my skyranger and wipe my entire team with a team kill.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    I chatlogged the last thread, Director.

Now of course I'm a bit sad because of the 2 month hiatus, but have a great vacation. :)

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
    PSN: Bogestrom

Wampa Milk lives!!!
  • IoloIolo i not L Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    UcOIsIH.gif
    Not buying or backing any games for myself in 2014.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's not what I wanted to hear. :(

steam_sig.png
  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So how does one !sign up for this? Because I want to !sign up and kick some alien ass

independence_day_large_03.jpg
    Welcome ta erf!

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Not gonna lie, I didn't pay attention the last twenty pages of the old thread, mostly because whenever I checked it seemed to be just random chatter and only a few updates, but I promise I'll keep up this time Fishman!

Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

• FishmanFishman I find your lack of Hail Hydra! disturbingRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Listen up, everyone, we've got a new guy C&C Officer arriving today.

Oh shit, is that today?
    I didn't think he was arriving for a day or two.

No, it's today. Director wants someone to show him around, show him the operation.

Well, I can't do it. I'm supposed to be guarding medical.

Oh.. well, how about you?

I'm down at medical, too.

What? Why's everyone guarding medical today?

Rank's getting evaluated for discharge from the incap list today, we're on full alert in case he doesn't get passed for active duty.

Okay, that makes sense. Alright, who's not guarding medical?

...dammit.

Alright, you're on FNG duty. Rest of you, make sure you've checked your armour before you head down to medical. With the pounding we've dished out recently, Rank is likely to be the worst thing you face all week.

Spoiler:

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User
    edited April 2010
    OH SHIT! INCOMING!

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • FishmanFishman I find your lack of Hail Hydra! disturbingRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hear we have some new blood in the ranks.

Yes, the new recruits arrived at Ribaldry. They're getting the crash course in X-Com operations and mandate now. And we've got that new C&C officer at Wubble Woo.

What's this put our situation like now?

Well, with Rank passing medical clearance and the recruits and Aedan at Ribaldry, our Contact Teams are back up to full strength.

What about combat readiness?

Unfortunately we're still about a week away from clearing the infrastructure backlog and resupplying weapons and equipment, but we can run limited-engagement missions.

So, not anywhere near able to run a high-engagement mission like an alien base assault, then?

It is not recommended. At the moment we don't even have a full compliment of Power Armour. We should hold off on attacking the Alien Base until we can field a first-choice team with first-choice equipment.

Well, time is on our side. We know where they are, that means we get to choose when the Base Assault mission happens.

Spoiler:

edited April 2010
    What's that twinkling on the horizon?

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited April 2010
    Lt. Iolo? Sir? Try to keep up, we have a lot to get through.

I'm sorry, it's just so much to take in...

You get used to it. Pretty soon, it all becomes much like any other assignment.

Somehow I doubt that.

Well.. perhaps not. Anyway, when a UFO is detected, we run Hyperwave-detection routines through that console over there, and if comes up positive, you should get a decrypt message.

You mean like this?

UFO%20Defense%202010-04-09%2007-56-38-89.jpg

Uh, well, you wouldn't expect to see a Battleship. Not a Muton Battleship.. headed here...

Prank for the new guy, huh?

Heh.. Let me just check we're using the live system...

What's that flashing alarm mean? And what's "Alien Retaliation"?

Oh, shit. Not good, not good.

What's going on? Is this a drill?

Shit. Shitshitshitshitshitshit....

Hey, where are you going?!

The Armoury! Come on!

edited April 2010
    VREEEEEE VREEEEEEE VREEEEEEE VREEEEEE

RED ALERT

edited April 2010
    Clear out those hangars! Lock down the base computers!

All non-essential personnel, please follow the blue lines towards your designated evacuation facility.

Clear out those storage units! We need to move this out of here!

I want you to make arrangements to move as much recovered alien material as possible to Happenstance base.

Theidar Unit has disconnected from the hardline and is set to autonomous control.

No, no, we need the equipment out of the Skyranger as well. The armoury doesn't have everything we need.

Would the following people please report to the North Armoury: Captain Moriveth, Sergeant Rankenphile, Private Orikaeshigitae...

UFO%20Defense%202010-04-09%2007-56-47-37.jpg

Alright people, hussle up! It's showtime...

• AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    aaaaaaawwwww shit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FUCK

Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

• ImperfectImperfect Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OH GOD IT'S GOING DOWN OH GOD

edited April 2010
    Who are you? What are you doing here?

Lieutenant Iolo, I just got assigned here today.

Why haven't you evacuated?

I don't know... I mean, I just followed this guy and... I haven't gone over my induction proceedures yet...

Shit, it's too late now. Here, put on this armour.

Armour?

UFO%20Defense%202010-04-13%2007-44-24-82.jpg

And grab a gun!

What!?

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Director

I'm telling you

I'm fresh off of Medical

I'm itching to get some guts in my teeth

Give me a couple of these recruits to distract the ugly pukes out there and let me charge straight in

I'm a fucking immortal

I've got more coke and morphine in me then a goddamn border mule

Let me at them.

I'll rip them open and wear their hideous fucking brains like a hula skirt

edited April 2010
    What's our situation?

UFO%20Defense%202010-04-13%2007-37-17-92.jpg

All but a handful of non-essentials evacuated. We've transferred a large portion of our stores to Happenstance, and another large portion has been released on contract to research projects in partner nations. Our aircraft have evacuated to a holding pattern to avoid destruction, but if we don't repel these forces, we'll have nowhere for them to go. Access to the Sublevels is locked down; the only way in from the surface is via the Hangars or Access Lift.

Do we have a security feed of the base?

Right here:

FacilitiesLevel.jpg

Sublevel1.jpg
    Spoiler:

Right. Now we wait...

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    edited April 2010
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dont mind me. Just guarding the stores.

Death to PA.
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Y'know . . . this would be a bitch of a cliffhanger . . .

sig.jpg
    Last pint: RuinTen (2014) - Stone
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Ghostbuster Hook & Ladder 8Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh man. Greatest update ever. And that is really saying something in this LP.

3a6d8230-e44a-450d-989b-b8c17c4043da_zpsf1979ceb.jpg
    (3DS Friend Code) 5472-6198-4568 (PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork
  • msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rank, when you go apeshit on some Muties, just make sure I'm out of the crossfire.

I'll be sure to do the same.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    msuitepyon wrote: »
    Rank, when you go apeshit on some Muties, just make sure I'm out of the crossfire.

I'll be sure to do the same.

ahahahah, it's adorable that you think Rank can differentiate between friend and foe when he's in a full on blood rage

This discussion has been closed.