Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Game On!] Infinitum - Turn 5 - OH SHHHH

1235789

Posts

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So are the Wandering Zombies and Murderous Zombies in the Corporate Sector and The Outskirts carried over from turn 2 (and thus ready for research), or are these new batches for turn 3?

    Im hoping they are just holdovers so that I can take care of Goggalor rampaging in the city before I turn over my warfare to Crushero

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So are the Wandering Zombies and Murderous Zombies in the Corporate Sector and The Outskirts carried over from turn 2 (and thus ready for research), or are these new batches for turn 3?

    Im hoping they are just holdovers so that I can take care of Goggalor rampaging in the city before I turn over my warfare to Crushero

    Woops, that was a mistake. The Wandering Zombies should be pacified but the Murderous Zombies are brand new

  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Formic Solutions transfers 1 Warfare to Crushestro Inc.


    THINK
    Actions 2/3:

    THINK determines that the orbs in City outskirts are definitely following something around, but not precisely what or why. Again they are charging up for some sort of attack

    As an overall strategy, THINK... well, thinks that the Orbs are observers. Monitors. All signs point to them being non-hostile, but that's at odds with their behaviour at the faction HQs recently
    Spoiler:


    Enviro Corp.
    Action 1/3:

    Feeding the crabs synthetics seems to do a great deal to secure their loyalty!

    Apparently in todays modern highflying society, eating industrial waste and big lumps of metal is exactly what they do to sruvive- there's plenty of it around after all
    Spoiler:

  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, and I return the Distortion Artifact to The Gratifying Octagon.

    Having tested the theory regarding the Orb's connection to the Artifact, Aurora Amalgamated hurriedly packs it up and sends it back to The Gratifying Octagon's headquarters via escorted drone courier. It's bad news!

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh frigging sweet! Manufacture some drones to feed the crabs so that we have... what are crabs useful for?

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aurora Amalgamated transfers the Distortion Artifact to The Gratifying Octagon.

  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh frigging sweet! Manufacture some drones to feed the crabs so that we have... what are crabs useful for?

    I bet they're something to do with taking out that damn Strange Humanoid!

    Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. Either way I want us all to have Giant crab mounts!

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Two more checks on supernatural science for the arftifact, producing a quite nice 10 and 15

    The gates of the Rift withdrew, allowing the Artifact to be taken inside. The Octagons armoured protectors gathered around the citadels walls, weapons drawn. If the orbs did return, and attempt to disrupt the proceedings, then there would be an exceptionally strong reply.

    Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010


    1d10+7 = 10 Warfare + Tactics against the Crazed Rioters... the mob will always fall to a disciplined and organized force.

    Transfering my Warfare to Crushero for turn 3. (4 Warfare to Crushero). Take out Goggalor as well with all that Warfare, dont use the melee specialty on it though, Im sure your men will be smeared by its clubs

    Well, I used a tactical knowledge research on the Zombies, my next two research attempts will have emphasis on Science and Supernaturalism

    1d10 = 7 knowledge + Science on Captured Wandering Zombies
    1d10 = 6 knowledge + Supernatural on Captured Wandering Zombies


    PMC Inc sends out a crew to pacify and disperse the rioters and the CEO himself gives Crushero a Crash Course in Close Quarters Combat.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That should give me 10 warfare 1 melee.

    Crushestro presents himself personally before the master, bowing before him. Without being asked to start, he performs a...unique kata before the warrior. He smashes his fist into the wall, leaving a gaping hole. Spinning, he grabs a nearby metal bar, whirling it around before crushing it with his fist to the point it breaks in half. Dropping the pole, he somersaults gracefully in the air before bringing his fist down into the floor, causing a huge crack to appear, about 20 feet long. Finally, he reaches into his pocket and withdraws a wad of the hivemind's bills, bowing as he presents them. "For the damages, of course,"

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well. More delicious morsels for the crabs, then!
    Spoiler:

    Enviro Corp. continues its care and feeding of the crab creatures, hoping to secure their loyalty for good. They have their top chefs blend what they hope is a delicious mixture for the crabs! It is probably not, in fact, the best mix, but they are learning. Perhaps a little more wiring, a little less sludge?

  • simulacrumsimulacrum Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A Lazarus research team heads into the sewers, and sets up some scanning equipment a safe distance away from the tentacled creature.

    1d10+6 → [2,6] = (8)

  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    P.M.C. Incorporated transfers 4 Warfare to Crushestro Inc.


    The Gratifying Octagon
    Actions 2/3 and 3/3:

    The Artifact is definitely supernatural- it thrums with energy despite being solid stone and metal. It causes gravitational anomalies in its immediate area and the researchers suspect it's somehow related to the rifts and dimensional anomalies

    It seems almost certain that possessing the Artifact is what is prompting the Giant Orbs to attack
    Spoiler:


    P.M.C. Incorporated
    Action 1/3:

    The rioters quickly disperse when P.M.C. arrives at the scene and makes a big show.


    Actions 2/3 and 3/3:

    The animated corpses are a supernatural threat. Who'd have thought it!
    Spoiler:



    Crushestro Inc.

    The master nods approvingly, and takes Crushestro to one side and talks to him for hours about the nature of crushing.

    When Crushestro leaves, his troops think they see a single glistening tear of joy in his eye. There must be a mind altering threat nearby surely
    Spoiler:



    Enviro Corp.
    Action 2/3:

    By shoving in various electronics and ores (and even some actual food) the science team develops an expensive broth that the crab's find truly irresistible.

    Undying crab loyalty!
    Spoiler:


    Lazarus Inc.
    Action 1/3:

    The Tentacled Thing seems to have an animal-level intellect and it is not hostile. It seems perfectly content to lounge around in the reservoir while Lazarus's operatives film and study it
    Spoiler:

  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well hell yeah! CRABS FOR EVERYONE! Let us share the crabs!

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lend me your Resources and Materials, and I will give you CRABS!

    ...

    ...

    Spoiler:

  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I need to have 2 free actions in order to pass this thing back to edcrab, if I understand trading?

    Whoops.jpg

    Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    but they become very vulnerable to Firepower attacks because they can hit the crabs weakpoint

    FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE

  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    THINK, displeased with its previous efforts, continues its research on the giant orbs in City Outskirts.

    Know.Science = 16

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Returning to his office, Crushestro orders an immediate training session for all his troops.

    Smiling mightily, he turned to his secretary and said "Send a note to the other groups in the city, asking if they would like to do any further research on the zombies before we crush them mightily. It should take a couple of hours for me to impart my newfound knowledge to all of my friends, after which we plan on cleaning up the zombie threat. Also, send our thanks to those that helped make this training a success. And maybe a fruit basket or something."

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    So I need to have 2 free actions in order to pass this thing back to edcrab, if I understand trading?

    Whoops.jpg

    If you get exploded, I call dibs on researching your remains

    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • simulacrumsimulacrum Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've always wanted a pet tentacled thing!

    More Lazarus researchers are called in as they continue to study the creature.

    1d10+6=13

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Whoops.jpg. I'd rather not do this, seeing as the zombies are not red but orange, and my attack has not been dealt with yet. Please ignore if possible.
    Spoiler:

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ack! which zombies are you crushing? The zombies in my sector are ok to wander around, Im more concerned with the godzilla that's running around.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I lack any better actions, so... anyone have anything for me to research, or shall I sit and play with my crabs? I've used up my traveling for the turn.

    Can I use my remaining action to research something someone else knows about, or something semi-universal? Is there anything else to do?

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll transfer my resources to Lucedes to try and make a crab token.

    2 Resources to Lucedes for turn 3.


    Updated PMC Inc Stats

    Res = 2
    Res.Wealth = 1
    Auth = 0
    Auth.Leadership = 1
    War = 4
    War.Defense = 2
    Know =0
    Know.Tactics = 3

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Making a knowledge roll on the orbs for 3

    On the walls, the Octagons armoured guardians quietly watched the Orbs, monitoring their slow advance. They were joined by a figure clothed in dark blue robes, who had arrived to get direct information on the threat that currently faced them. Her name was Pressure, and she lead this expedition.

    Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ack! which zombies are you crushing? The zombies in my sector are ok to wander around, Im more concerned with the godzilla that's running around.

    Hehe. I didn't stop to consider the zombie's colour before acting. Sorry.

    If I can NOT crush those zombies and instead crush something else, that'd be great (post above edited, but contents are still there if I am to be held to that action).

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul Registered User
    edited April 2010
    I should be back later tonight to catch up on this and post some actions, let me know if there's anything in particular that needs doing. I'll definitely lend some resources to Lucedes when another giant crab event pops up.

    Reginald wrote: »
    Heavy Rain is what Martin Scorsese would see if he played Katamari Damacy.

    Score: 8 out of a possible bacon.
  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Unless I misunderstand, I can only domesticate a crab token from a crab event, right? I think that's what is implied but I am not totally sure.

  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Unless I misunderstand, I can only domesticate a crab token from a crab event, right? I think that's what is implied but I am not totally sure.

    That's right!

    I'll try nd get the turn results up shortly..

  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    (Not actioning El Skid's action by request).


    The Gratifying Octagon
    Actions 3/3:

    The staff fail to gain any insight into the baffling orbs



    THINK
    Action 3/3:

    Evidence suggests that the giant orbs are... combat versions of the observer drones. As if the situation is escalating from the point of view of the drones...
    Spoiler:


    Lazarus Inc.
    Action 2/3:

    Lazarus are fascinated by the creature. The corporation's staff are, in turn, fascinating to the tentacle thing which watches them curiously as they mill around and take readings

    It's not a mutation of some existing species, its definitely not native to the planet.
    Spoiler:

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone want the Greater Pyramid Cannibal before he is well and truly crushed?

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lazarus has actually taken action 2 of 3, not 1 of 3.

    El Skid has his one remaining action; everyone else is done for the turn.

  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Dear Board of Directors,

    I've got a lot to do today, so I'll keep this brief. Send a couple of research teams to check out that floating pyramid in the Wasteland. And find out what the hell is going on with that cannibal, will you? I find it particularly disheartening.

    Sincerely,
    Hivemind
    Spoiler:

    Reginald wrote: »
    Heavy Rain is what Martin Scorsese would see if he played Katamari Damacy.

    Score: 8 out of a possible bacon.
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ronrab wrote: »
    El Skid has his one remaining action; everyone else is done for the turn.[/COLOR]

    I have only gone and talked to the master- other action was removed.

    So I have 2 actions left. Just don't know what to do with the third one :P

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It never hurts to toss out a research roll. I know it sucks for the both of us since we are geared for fighting, but that at least gives our other friends breathing room to conduct their research and manufacture stuff to make us fight better.

    With turn 4, can we get a spreadsheet update with what research is going on and what tokens are lying about, HeavyVillan? that might help us figure out what to do with so much going on the field.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Crushestro uncharacteristically orders a small party to scout the zombies, before crushing them.
    Spoiler:

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "I guess we'd better take a look at those zombies, guys."
    "Yeah. They look like zombies, don't they?"
    "Sure do! Guess we'd better crush them."
    *CRUSH*

  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Formic Solutions
    All actions 3/3:

    No further insight is gained from the orbs..

    The new cannibal has no fewer than seven of the pyramids lodged in his body. As well as being hideous, it appears he's incredibly strong...
    Spoiler:


    Crushestro Inc.
    All actions:

    ...but not strong enough. He's overwhelmed by the Crushestro forces and, well, crushed.
    Spoiler:

Sign In or Register to comment.