The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Ohio Tea Party Organizer Can't Find his Gun or his Brain: Inquire Within.

CorehealerCorehealer The ApothecaryWhen has it ever been any different?Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Warning. Racial Slur contained within:
Spoiler:

That would be the Springboro, Ohio Tea Party's official Twitter page, updated on March 21st by one of their organizers, Sonny Thomas. He seems to have misplaced his firearms, and isn't very happy about it. Here's the full story behind his tweet:
The Dayton Daily News reports that controversial tweets on the Twitter page of the local Springboro Tea Party have “triggered cancellations by several local and statewide candidates and elected officials” who were scheduled to speak at an upcoming Ohio Tea Party rally. Most of the cancellations appear to be in response to one specific tweet posted on March 21st.

The tweet, posted by the group’s founder, Sonny Thomas, is especially alarming considering the fact that he is a father of a son who is part Latino. “Basically, it’s like he’s saying he hates his son,” said the mother of Thomas’ son, Alana Turner. Linda Oda, a candidate for Warren County auditor who canceled her appearance at the group’s rally as a result of Thomas’ tweet, agrees. “Certainly, the tweet from Mr. Thomas in which he used a racial slur was enough for me to remove myself from any connection with him,” said Oda.

Thomas, who just recently regained visitation rights to the son he lost as a result of a domestic civil protection order filed by Turner in December 2009, blamed his troubling remarks on the Bee Gees, a rock group in the ’60s and ’70s:

“As I am a lifetime music lover of all genres, I always have some sort of song that can fit almost any occasion or situation. Coincidently the song “Spicks and Specks” by the Bee Gees had been on my player. I made the reference to the song not stopping to think of the era that it was produced and taken out of context could be offensive to some people.“

As the Plunderbund blog points out, the Bee Gees song refers to “spicks and specks” of old girlfriends, not Latinos.

Putting aside Thomas’ insulting Bee Gees-inspired racial epithet, there is absolutely no excuse for threatening violence against undocumented immigrants. Thomas has yet to offer an apology for his threatening words. Yet he isn’t the only tea party member to advocate shooting immigrants. Back in August, a right-wing protester suggested that undocumented immigrants should be sent back to their home countries with “a bullet in their head.” Tea party activists have often been caught referencing the 1787 quote by Thomas Jefferson: “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

I still can't figure out how the Tea Party is able to not only retain some sense of legitimacy as a political movement with morons like this at the helm, but also achieve a level of influence on current affairs that is both frightening and widespread. They are quite literally insane, even to the point where Fox News thinks so too:
Reporting for FoxNews.com, Cristina Corbin writes that tea party rallies have “attracted the kinds of mistruths, exaggerations and conspiracy theories that make Tea Party leaders cringe.” Corbin notes that many tea partiers believe the conspiracy that Obama “is a secret Muslim” and that “Obama wants to keep Americans unemployed so that they become dependent on government-run programs.” She then highlights some of the comments she has observed from tea partiers:

“Obama, to me, is a socialist. He’s a Muslim and all he wants to do is bankrupt us and run us into the ground,” Ken Schwalbach of Escanaba, Mich., said at a rally on Friday. […]

“What’s more disturbing is that he’s not answering them,” Tea Party member and conservative blogger Andrea Shay King said of the questions over Obama’s birthplace. […]

Ron Moore of Petoskey, Mich., said he stood firm in his belief that the Democrats’ goal was to implement “death panels” to decide who receives medical care and who does not. “They’ve already started,” he said.

To her credit, Corbin debunks many of the claims and rightly notes that these are “misinformed beliefs.” But of course, one of the primary reasons that so many of these right-wing activists believe these conspiracies is because Fox News has pushed them. For example, the “birther” conspiracy has been advanced on Fox News websites. The “death panels” myth has been advocated by Fox News personalities Peter Johnson Jr, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Brian Kilmeade, and Michelle Malkin, among others.
http://thinkprogress.org/2010/04/12/tea-party-racial-slur/
http://thinkprogress.org/2010/04/12/fox-news-vs-tea-parties/

Why has the Tea Party gained such prominence in the American political and social spheres and come to the point where Republicans court them for political points? How is it a man who has a partly Latino son is able to sleep at night having told the Internet how much he wants Latinos dead? What kind of logic goes into these people's decision making?
The biggest question of all, the one that a lot of the posts on this subject matter eventually come back to, and the one that underlies this and the stuff posted above, is this. Can humanity as a whole ever completely overcome this kind of blatant ignorance and ideology and stupidity? I'm hopeful, but every day I wake up and read the news and the Tea Party or some other bigot or religious fundamentalist or moron is doing something stupid without know the facts and insulting and hurting others around them. It's just mind boggling how so many people can use so little of their brains.

Corehealer on
2fbfH5V.png
«1

Posts

  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They have legitimacy because the press gives them legitimacy.

    The press gives them legitimacy because they comprise a solid percentage of one of the major parties in the US, and the press needs a horserace to make money.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Speaking of tea parties. Remember when Palin said her "reload" comment was just a metaphor, and that people shouldn't arm?

    Oklahoma, my proud home state, took her literally.
    OKLAHOMA CITY – Frustrated by recent political setbacks, tea party leaders and some conservative members of the Oklahoma Legislature say they would like to create a new volunteer militia to help defend against what they believe are improper federal infringements on state sovereignty.

    Tea party movement leaders say they've discussed the idea with several supportive lawmakers and hope to get legislation next year to recognize a new volunteer force. They say the unit would not resemble militia groups that have been raided for allegedly plotting attacks on law enforcement officers.

    "Is it scary? It sure is," said tea party leader Al Gerhart of Oklahoma City, who heads an umbrella group of tea party factions called the Oklahoma Constitutional Alliance. "But when do the states stop rolling over for the federal government?"

    Thus far, the discussions have been exploratory. Even the proponents say they don't know how an armed force would be organized nor how a state-based militia could block federal mandates. Critics also asserted that the force could inflame extremism, and that the National Guard already provides for the state's military needs.

    "Have they heard of the Oklahoma City bombing?" said Joseph Thai, a constitutional law professor at the University of Oklahoma. The state observes the 15th anniversary of the anti-government attack on Monday. Such actions could "throw fuel in the fire of radicals," he said.

    But the militia talks reflect the frustration of some grass roots groups seeking new ways of fighting recent federal initiatives, such as the health reform plan, which requires all citizens to have health insurance. Over the last year, tea party groups across the country have staged rallies and pressured politicians to protest big government and demand reduced public spending.

    In strongly conservative states like Oklahoma, some legislators have also discussed further action to fight federal policies, such as state legislation and lawsuits.

    State Sen. Randy Brogdon, R-Owasso, a Republican candidate for governor who has appealed for tea party support, said supporters of a state militia have talked to him, and that he believes the citizen unit would be authorized under the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

    The founding fathers "were not referring to a turkey shoot or a quail hunt. They really weren't even talking about us having the ability to protect ourselves against each other," Brogdon said. "The Second Amendment deals directly with the right of an individual to keep and bear arms to protect themselves from an overreaching federal government."

    Another lawmaker, state Rep. Charles Key, R-Oklahoma City, said he believes there's a good chance of introducing legislation for a state-authorized militia next year.


    Tea party leader J.W. Berry of the Tulsa-based OKforTea began soliciting interest in a state militia through his newsletter under the subject "Buy more guns, more bullets."

    "It's not a far-right crazy plan or anything like that," Berry said. "This would be done with the full cooperation of the state Legislature."

    State militias clearly are constitutionally authorized, but have not been used in recent times, said Glenn Reynolds, a law professor at the University of Tennessee and an expert on the Second Amendment. "Whether someone should get a militia to go toe-to-toe with the federal government ... now, that strikes me as kind of silly," he said.

    Some conservative legislators in Oklahoma say talk of a militia, which would be privately recruited, armed and trained, goes too far.

    "If the intent is to create a militia for disaster relief, we have the National Guard," said Sen. Steve Russell, R-Oklahoma City, a retired Army lieutenant colonel. "Anything beyond that purpose should be viewed with great concern and caution."

    Democratic Gov. Brad Henry's communications director Paul Sund also discounted the militia discussion, saying the National Guard handles state emergencies and security.

    Federal authorities say that radical militia groups have not emerged in Oklahoma, unlike many other states, in part because of the legacy of the Oklahoma City bombing. On April 19, 1995, an anti-government conspiracy led by Army veteran Tim McVeigh exploded a truckbomb outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, killing 168 people.

    Last month, FBI agents conducted a raid on the Hutaree militia group in southern Michigan and accused members of plotting to kill law enforcement officers.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100412/ap_on_re_us/us_tea_party_militia

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    that story actually has it's own thread and i'm wondering if maybe the two threads could be served by one. They're not exactly the same story, but they both deal with Tea Partiers and guns, though clearly this one has race issues too.

    camo_sig2.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    that story actually has it's own thread and i'm wondering if maybe the two threads could be served by one. They're not exactly the same story, but they both deal with Tea Partiers and guns, though clearly this one has race issues too.

    It is? Dang. Where's the thread? I can't find it.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    that story actually has it's own thread and i'm wondering if maybe the two threads could be served by one. They're not exactly the same story, but they both deal with Tea Partiers and guns, though clearly this one has race issues too.

    It is? Dang. Where's the thread? I can't find it.

    And We Shall Name it TALIBAN

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    that story actually has it's own thread and i'm wondering if maybe the two threads could be served by one. They're not exactly the same story, but they both deal with Tea Partiers and guns, though clearly this one has race issues too.

    It is? Dang. Where's the thread? I can't find it.

    And We Shall Name it TALIBAN

    Ah. Silly me thought the thread was about, y'know, the Taliban.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In the context of Ohio, this isn't surprising of a person from Springboro. I'm from Ohio and have lived in several different parts of it, and I'm not 100% sure where Springboro is. Unfortunately, as one moves further into the rural areas of Ohio (not unlike other states I'm sure) the crazy goes up several notches. There is a significant anti-immigrant feeling in alot of communities that, to be honest, aren't really affected by it in the ways they believe (shocking).

    camo_sig2.png
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    In the context of Ohio, this isn't surprising of a person from Springboro. I'm from Ohio and have lived in several different parts of it, and I'm not 100% sure where Springboro is. Unfortunately, as one moves further into the rural areas of Ohio (not unlike other states I'm sure) the crazy goes up several notches. There is a significant anti-immigrant feeling in alot of communities that, to be honest, aren't really affected by it in the ways they believe (shocking).

    This.

    Columbus is one of the most diverse (and awesome) places, but the rural areas of Ohio - even 30 minutes from the city - are indeed more concentrated crazy by several orders of magnitude.

    It's quite shocking, really. I'm not aware of such a small gradient in terms of distance-to-crazy-people anywhere else.

    Edit: Like so.
    Spoiler:

    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Beaverton, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, Ohio is the birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan before they herded over and headquartered in Downtown Indianapolis. It should'nt be a shock that there is SOME influx of underlying racisim in that area. My homestate is Indiana, and I am far to familiar with this kind of sentiment.

    Best to just ignore these types of people since they are looking to make themselves look like victims in this "Lubruel, Socliaisticiommunistic, United Nations of America, which BTW is ran by a Muslim Darky Hurrrrr".

  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, Columbus is strangely affected by suburban sprawl. The city runs right up against farmland in alot of places. It leads to a very interesting mix of people in some environments. It also leads to alot of "us vs. them" political standoffs, which is more or less the mantra of the Tea Party.

    camo_sig2.png
  • ducknerdducknerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh wow, I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this. This goofball spoke at my school last night, and while she got hit pretty hard for not having any political opinions that could stand in a strong breeze, nobody really called her out on her main message that the Tea Party was not the paranoid, racist group it consistently is.

  • corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One of the papers here in the UK had an article about the similarities between this Tea Party stuff and the guys who carried out the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Views?

    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    corcorigan wrote: »
    One of the papers here in the UK had an article about the similarities between this Tea Party stuff and the guys who carried out the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Views?

    Spot on

  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    corcorigan wrote: »
    One of the papers here in the UK had an article about the similarities between this Tea Party stuff and the guys who carried out the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Views?

    Spot on

    Which makes the news item about Oklahoma posted earlier hilarious.

    camo_sig2.png
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Robman wrote: »
    corcorigan wrote: »
    One of the papers here in the UK had an article about the similarities between this Tea Party stuff and the guys who carried out the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Views?

    Spot on

    Which makes the news item about Oklahoma posted earlier hilarious.

    I think the word you're looking for there is "eerily disturbing."

    SEGATA SANSHIRO! LIVE AGAIN!
    Lanz.gif
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think it's actually a secret contest to see which state's tea party will win the Most Insane Award.

    New York's entry: Let's nominate 4chan for Governor!
    The Tea Party-backed Republican candidate for governor of New York State sent dozens of sexually explicit and racially insensitive mass emails as a matter of course in recent years, including one featuring bestiality and another that was made popular by a neo-Nazi organization.

    An online news source in western New York has uncovered dozens of emails from Carl Paladino, a Buffalo-area land developer who threw his hat into the ring for governor last week.

    Among the emails Paladino forwarded to numerous people was one of a photo of President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama dressed in pimp and prostitute outfits. The email subject line read "White House Ball."

    Another email featured an embedded clip of a hard-core bestiality video featuring a woman and a horse; yet another email was entitled "Miss France 2008 f**king."

    According to WNYMedia, in December 2008 Paladino sent around a YouTube video under the title "Obama Inauguration Rehearsal." The video features African tribesmen dancing in a village square. WNYMedia noted that the video had been posted to the Web site of Stormfront, a neo-Nazi organization.

  • PicardathonPicardathon Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Can humanity as a whole ever completely overcome this kind of blatant ignorance and ideology and stupidity?

    No.
    As long as there are physical differences between people, those differences will be used as a reason to discriminate. A world without racism would look like something out of a science fiction novel.

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Can humanity as a whole ever completely overcome this kind of blatant ignorance and ideology and stupidity?

    No.
    As long as there are physical differences between people, those differences will be used as a reason to discriminate. A world without racism would look like something out of a science fiction novel.

    Go go singularity!

  • krushkrush Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I still can't figure out how the Tea Party is able to not only retain some sense of legitimacy as a political movement with morons like this at the helm, but also achieve a level of influence on current affairs that is both frightening and widespread.


    dude... This is America. Racism, hatred, and ignorance are at the core of just plain being American.

  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's so much easier to explain then that. The media are paying attention to them because they're a juicy news item. The media paying attention to them gives them disproportionate political power.

  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    It's so much easier to explain then that. The media are paying attention to them because they're a juicy news item. The media paying attention to them gives them disproportionate political power.

    Goddamn liberal media..

    oh wait

    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Small minorities of activists have always been able to have a disproportionate influence on the political process. This isn't new. The tea party is being helped along by the media because they provide the most compelling oppositional narrative, and our ridiculous political media always need to find the "two sides" so that they can report on politics as though it were the proverbial horse race.

    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    remember pluto? Once a planet but now a pseudo
    funny how information changes the facts that you know
  • ulanshadulanshad Registered User
    edited April 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    I think it's actually a secret contest to see which state's tea party will win the Most Insane Award.

    New York's entry: Let's nominate 4chan for Governor!
    The Tea Party-backed Republican candidate for governor of New York State sent dozens of sexually explicit and racially insensitive mass emails as a matter of course in recent years, including one featuring bestiality and another that was made popular by a neo-Nazi organization.

    An online news source in western New York has uncovered dozens of emails from Carl Paladino, a Buffalo-area land developer who threw his hat into the ring for governor last week.

    Among the emails Paladino forwarded to numerous people was one of a photo of President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama dressed in pimp and prostitute outfits. The email subject line read "White House Ball."

    Another email featured an embedded clip of a hard-core bestiality video featuring a woman and a horse; yet another email was entitled "Miss France 2008 f**king."

    According to WNYMedia, in December 2008 Paladino sent around a YouTube video under the title "Obama Inauguration Rehearsal." The video features African tribesmen dancing in a village square. WNYMedia noted that the video had been posted to the Web site of Stormfront, a neo-Nazi organization.

    I'm already seeing yard signs for him all over the place here. His campaign slogan is the "I'm Mad as Hell" quote from Network - people who have actually seen Network will recall that Howard Beale was actually a damn crazy person (but no matter).

    Also his defense for the emails is basically, "Well of course I'd never send those kinds of things out while I was governor!"

    sig.gif
  • override367override367 misogynist/MRA/socially irresponsible Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Can humanity as a whole ever completely overcome this kind of blatant ignorance and ideology and stupidity?

    No.
    As long as there are physical differences between people, those differences will be used as a reason to discriminate. A world without racism would look like something out of a science fiction novel.

    Go go singularity!

    The technological singularity or do you have an idea about getting scientists together to attempt to create an actual singularity and us it to compress Oklahoma to an infinitesimally small size, because I can get behind both of those things

    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Cincinatti looks like it's about to be gang raped.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

    Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    what is that graph showing?

    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    remember pluto? Once a planet but now a pseudo
    funny how information changes the facts that you know
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Cincinatti looks like it's about to be gang raped.

    In order of blue dot size that's:
    Spoiler:

    The fact that I can name every community that the blue dot represents was entirely my point before. And the red dots about to rape Cincinnati are all the rich, white, Kentucky folks who decided to move to the nice suburbs (Cincinnati is basically Kentucky if you weren't aware).

    camo_sig2.png
  • TorgoTorgo Registered User
    edited April 2010
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Cincinatti looks like it's about to be gang raped.

    In order of blue dot size that's:
    Spoiler:

    The fact that I can name every community that the blue dot represents was entirely my point before. And the red dots about to rape Cincinnati are all the rich, white, Kentucky folks who decided to move to the nice suburbs (Cincinnati is basically Kentucky if you weren't aware).

    See that large red dot on the Indiana border above Cincinnati? That's where I grew up, and that's also why I don't talk politics with my parents. Ugh. Talk radio territory.

    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ulanshad wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    I think it's actually a secret contest to see which state's tea party will win the Most Insane Award.

    New York's entry: Let's nominate 4chan for Governor!
    The Tea Party-backed Republican candidate for governor of New York State sent dozens of sexually explicit and racially insensitive mass emails as a matter of course in recent years, including one featuring bestiality and another that was made popular by a neo-Nazi organization.

    An online news source in western New York has uncovered dozens of emails from Carl Paladino, a Buffalo-area land developer who threw his hat into the ring for governor last week.

    Among the emails Paladino forwarded to numerous people was one of a photo of President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama dressed in pimp and prostitute outfits. The email subject line read "White House Ball."

    Another email featured an embedded clip of a hard-core bestiality video featuring a woman and a horse; yet another email was entitled "Miss France 2008 f**king."

    According to WNYMedia, in December 2008 Paladino sent around a YouTube video under the title "Obama Inauguration Rehearsal." The video features African tribesmen dancing in a village square. WNYMedia noted that the video had been posted to the Web site of Stormfront, a neo-Nazi organization.

    I'm already seeing yard signs for him all over the place here. His campaign slogan is the "I'm Mad as Hell" quote from Network - people who have actually seen Network will recall that Howard Beale was actually a damn crazy person (but no matter).

    Also his defense for the emails is basically, "Well of course I'd never send those kinds of things out while I was governor!"

    Well, I'm sure if he was governor he wouldn't have to resort to the internet for his bestiality fix. Because he'd have the keys to the public zoo.

  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Small minorities of activists have always been able to have a disproportionate influence on the political process. This isn't new. The tea party is being helped along by the media because they provide the most compelling oppositional narrative, and our ridiculous political media always need to find the "two sides" so that they can report on politics as though it were the proverbial horse race.

    And if there isn't already a viable counter-movement, gosh darnit, the media will do their darnest to make one.

    camo_sig2.png
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's really funny to work 30 minutes outside Cbus and see people have breakdowns over their prejudices, then go to The Short North in the evening and chill with people of the complete opposite mindset.

    If they ever met each other, I'd imagine someone's brain would explode spontaneously. It's kind of true that Ohio is a microcosm of the rest of the country contained within one state.

    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lanz wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Robman wrote: »
    corcorigan wrote: »
    One of the papers here in the UK had an article about the similarities between this Tea Party stuff and the guys who carried out the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Views?

    Spot on

    Which makes the news item about Oklahoma posted earlier hilarious.

    I think the word you're looking for there is "eerily disturbing."

    They're the same groups, so its not really that surprising. Right wing crazies don't change that much in 10-15 years

    11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
  • Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Speaking of tea parties. Remember when Palin said her "reload" comment was just a metaphor, and that people shouldn't arm?

    Oklahoma, my proud home state, took her literally.
    Spoiler:

    And this is why I left Oklahoma for good with no intentions of ever going back. The conservative culture in Oklahoma has become so bad that my parents are even considering leaving... and they've never lived anywhere else (ever).

    I really hate how embarrassing it is to be from Oklahoma...

    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »
    I think it's actually a secret contest to see which state's tea party will win the Most Insane Award.

    New York's entry: Let's nominate 4chan for Governor!
    The Tea Party-backed Republican candidate for governor of New York State sent dozens of sexually explicit and racially insensitive mass emails as a matter of course in recent years, including one featuring bestiality and another that was made popular by a neo-Nazi organization.

    An online news source in western New York has uncovered dozens of emails from Carl Paladino, a Buffalo-area land developer who threw his hat into the ring for governor last week.

    Among the emails Paladino forwarded to numerous people was one of a photo of President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama dressed in pimp and prostitute outfits. The email subject line read "White House Ball."

    Another email featured an embedded clip of a hard-core bestiality video featuring a woman and a horse; yet another email was entitled "Miss France 2008 f**king."

    According to WNYMedia, in December 2008 Paladino sent around a YouTube video under the title "Obama Inauguration Rehearsal." The video features African tribesmen dancing in a village square. WNYMedia noted that the video had been posted to the Web site of Stormfront, a neo-Nazi organization.

    Stormfront's Neo-Nazi? Did not know that
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Speaking of tea parties. Remember when Palin said her "reload" comment was just a metaphor, and that people shouldn't arm?

    Oklahoma, my proud home state, took her literally.
    Spoiler:

    And this is why I left Oklahoma for good with no intentions of ever going back. The conservative culture in Oklahoma has become so bad that my parents are even considering leaving... and they've never lived anywhere else (ever).

    I really hate how embarrassing it is to be from Oklahoma...

    You know what's worse? Being forced to live there by the federal government. It's like, fucking really? This is where we want to have a military base at? Fucking why?

    Also to this state's credit it seems remarkably sensitive to the issue of Native Americans. It's still a terrible piss-poor excuse for a state though

  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Spoiler:

    Is there a graph like this available for every state?

    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Stormfront's Neo-Nazi? Did not know that
    Well now I have to know what you thought they were about. Did you just go their for the music forum?

    "Despite all the bitching, if Diablo 3 sucks, I will eat my own cock. Counter-claim: If Diablo 3 does not suck, I will have a list of whiners who need to eat cocks." - Zen Vulgarity
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Do you like dags? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, Summit County, my home, thank you for not being about thirty miles south or west or any combination of that.

    RonaldoTheGypsy.png
  • DsmartDsmart Registered User
    edited April 2010
    For me, the tea party is a referendum on the immense disservice that corporate run media does to this country's democratic process.

    Nationalize healthcare and then you have my opinion on what should be next.


    Maybe I read too much Chomsky, but to me the guy is right about damn near everything.

  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    Stormfront's Neo-Nazi? Did not know that
    Well now I have to know what you thought they were about. Did you just go their for the music forum?

    You have to understand they have the best anti-jew Black Metal I've ever hear-OOOOH jeez.

  • Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Speaking of tea parties. Remember when Palin said her "reload" comment was just a metaphor, and that people shouldn't arm?

    Oklahoma, my proud home state, took her literally.
    Spoiler:

    And this is why I left Oklahoma for good with no intentions of ever going back. The conservative culture in Oklahoma has become so bad that my parents are even considering leaving... and they've never lived anywhere else (ever).

    I really hate how embarrassing it is to be from Oklahoma...

    You know what's worse? Being forced to live there by the federal government. It's like, fucking really? This is where we want to have a military base at? Fucking why?

    Also to this state's credit it seems remarkably sensitive to the issue of Native Americans. It's still a terrible piss-poor excuse for a state though

    Which base were you posted at (judging by your reaction, I'm going to guess Ft. Sill)?

    I still maintain that Texas and Florida are tied for Worst State In the Union, but Oklahoma is definitely in the bottom 5 of that running.

    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.