Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Avengers have assembled! (pretty much just the Marvel movie thread now with some comics)

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or are they putting out a ton of preview scenes?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death Groupie Registered User regular
    Is it just me or are they putting out a ton of preview scenes?

I've sworn off watching anything new, I've already spoiled myself on a ton of awesome crap.

steam_sig.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Just, 3 so far, and a bunch of trailers.

newSig.jpg
    3 trailers, I think we're up to four clips now, and a shiton of extended spots.

steam_sig.png
  • QuidQuid The Fifth Horseman Registered User regular
    Watched what I assume is the latest trailer yesterday before Hunger Games. That's the first time I've actually had my heart elevate in excitement over a movie.

PSN: allenquid
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    I think the first time that happened to me was when I saw the trailer for Fellowship of the Ring.

It's not a movie, but playing WoW for the first time in February of 2004 (During the Friends and Family Alpha) did that.

steam_sig.png
    4 Clips?

Black Widow's... Stark & Loki... Fury & Loki... what's the other one?

Then there's the various character-centric spots, the "Headcount" and theatrical trailers...

newSig.jpg
    There was a combat scene one that I thought was a clip, but might have been a spot. I specifically didn't watch it as the first second spoiled a fucking awesome shot of Thor and Cap during the battle.

steam_sig.png
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Here's a really fucking awesome Ironman v. Thor clip
    Spoiler:

mjoa2p.jpg
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Unf unf unf. So hard...

camo_sig2.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nocren wrote: »
    4 Clips?

Black Widow's... Stark & Loki... Fury & Loki... what's the other one?

Then there's the various character-centric spots, the "Headcount" and theatrical trailers...

There's a clip where Nick Fury and Maria Hill are talking. It was shown on Cobie's interview with Letterman IIRC.

Harry Dresden on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Unf unf unf. So hard...

My wife doesn't care for Iron Man that much, but she loves her some Thor. She'll be fun to take to the movie.

steam_sig.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Spoiler:

Daaaaaaaaaamn

freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 It’s cool to have a code name. It’s not that weird.Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

So glad I saw that before the inevitable(?) removal.

Why is everyone fighting Thor, again?

Oh, right.

Loki.

2014png.png
    Spoiler:

Yesssssssss.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Could be worse.

easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
    That was incredible. I must see this movie now.

I thought it was merely lame, I didn't realize was batshit crazy bad. :D

steam_sig.png
  • OlorinOlorin Registered User regular
    I think the first time that happened to me was when I saw the trailer for Fellowship of the Ring.

Was it this one?
    Spoiler:

'Cause my younger 14 year old self nearly lost it at the time.

Wow, that gave me chills and I've seen those movies like a dozen times.

steam_sig.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    That was incredible. I must see this movie now.

I thought it was merely lame, I didn't realize was batshit crazy bad. :D

It's a so bad it's good kinda movie. Very cheesy. Viper's fun to watch. Hess chewing up the scenery is a sight to behold. :mrgreen:

• Linespider5Linespider5 It’s cool to have a code name. It’s not that weird.Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Could be worse.

The ending is the best part.
    Spoiler:

David Hasselhoff basically is the entire reason they created Ultimate Nick Fury.

2014png.png
    Oh god, I saw that on Fox when it first aired.

newSig.jpg
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    So here are my thoughts, i will put them in spoilers so I don't annoy anyone. I won't spoil major plot lines within but will talk in general about the flow of the movie and stuff i liked. I don't recommend reading if you want to be totally surprised by all of it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Oh, right.

Loki.

Maybe. More likely he gets dragged unexpectedly back to earth and mistakes are made.

Hey you know what the best part of that clip was?

It was an action scene and yet I could see clearly what the fuck was going on.

Quire.jpg
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    Maybe. More likely he gets dragged unexpectedly back to earth and mistakes are made.

but...but...but... THATS UNPOSSIBLE! If I can clearly see whats happening in the fight scene ill easily be able to pick out of the fuckups they made cutting budgetary corners and it will totally ruin my movie experience. How am I supposed to imagine an awesome fight scene while two men hold shoulders and do the hokey pokey if I can clearly see there is more manlove than visceral violence.

Seriously though, I eagerly look forward to the Hulk smashing everything.

If I was kidnapped, woke up in a lab, told they were going to replace my vocal cords with those of Tony Jay, and lock me in a sound booth until the day I die I would look those bastards right in the eye and say "Alright you sons of bitches lets do this. This one is for the children."
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea that Marvel is reserving the Hulk for other movies.

There was an interview with Feige that i skimmed because i fear spoilers, but where he went through all the Marvel properties and how they plan on proceeding after avengers. Didn't read his thoughts on Thor because I figure what happens with Loki and Thor is a major Avengers spoiler.

He said Iron Man is going to get himself in a situation where he can't call the Avengers - like in Iron Man 1 in the cave, when he had to first create the suit. He said making Tony have his "back against the wall" is the plan for IM3.

He said Cap is going to go into more of a 'political thriller' route - he only knows SHIELD right now. They're all he trusts. So the Cap movie will more than likely include Coulson, Fury - and hopefully Hawkeye. I REALLY hope they bring Falcon in.

But when asked about Hulk 3 (or 2?), Feige said Hulk hasnt worked in solo movies twice now, and they like him in Avengers, and like that people are real happy with him there. So lets keep him in the universe and keep him around, but use him in those roles where he's around but not the focus.

So with that said - I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy get made, and have that spin into a World War Hulk movie. Hulk smashing everything in space would be so fun.

XBL: MXrox - PSN: mxmarks - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    So here are my thoughts, i will put them in spoilers so I don't annoy anyone. I won't spoil major plot lines within but will talk in general about the flow of the movie and stuff i liked. I don't recommend reading if you want to be totally surprised by all of it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Oh, right.

Loki.

Dunno. I mean, Coulson knows Thor.

Remember that whole, "Coulson, we are clearly both on the side of good and I will always be on your side yadda yadda" that Thor said at the end of his movie. I mean, it was really informal, even for Thor, but, it should've left a good impression.

2014png.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    i'm thinking they're sparring or working out anger issues.

Thor's one tough sunuvabitch!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I do hope everyone goes to see this in 2D.

I did and the action was cut quick at times but easy to keep up with. Things like Thor vs Iron Man are in a dark forest so I imagine in 3D it may be hard to see. I know when I saw Thor in 3D, the whole ice planet action scenes were so hard to keep up with and so so dark.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
    I'm going to the midnight showing: if they offer it in 2D, great I'll go to that. Otherwise, I guess I'm seeing it in 3D.

steam_sig.png
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    I do hope everyone goes to see this in 2D.

I did and the action was cut quick at times but easy to keep up with. Things like Thor vs Iron Man are in a dark forest so I imagine in 3D it may be hard to see. I know when I saw Thor in 3D, the whole ice planet action scenes were so hard to keep up with and so so dark.

I bought midnight 3D tickets. I'm sure it'll be a little darker, but I don't mind so much. Either way, I'm sure I'll eventually see it in both versions.

camo_sig2.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Registered User regular
    I'll be seeing a midnight showing in IMAX-3D.

While I do have tinting and color saturation issues watching stuff in RealD-3D. I find the light, contrast, and saturation levels in IMAX-3D far better and it doesn't hamper the experience.

Of course that fight in the forest scene looks pretty damn dark, here's hoping I can follow more than just the lights in IM's suit.

steam_sig.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I know when I saw Thor in 3D, the whole ice planet action scenes were so hard to keep up with and so so dark.

I saw Thor in 2D and had the same problem.

I just hope I am able to see Avengers in 2D without having to go to a crappy theater.

camo_sig2.png
    I want to do the midnight showing so bad but I have class at eight in the morning :(

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I have a final on May 4th, so no midnight showing for me, and I'm going to be itchy during all 3 hours of the final.

steam_sig.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    I'm going to be out of town the week after the release!

Stupid vacation to Cancun.

3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I have a lot of vacation time, I may just take the 4th off.

camo_sig2.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I have a lot of vacation time, I may just take the 4th off.

I've actually been thinking about this too. I've got like three weeks vacation this year, it wouldn't kill me to take a day off, see the like noon showing to avoid the crowds, and spend the rest of the day geeking out and playing mini golf or something.

Here's what I do...
    The Vac - My Science Fiction Epic
    Fortune Pancakes - My Gag-A-Day Comic
    Noon showing will be just as packed as any other time on Friday. I'm just going to try and get a time for the nice theater with individual leather seats.

• JoolanderJoolander It's like Christmas But with more ... ME!Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.