As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trying to remember a game name

gearngearn __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2010 in Games and Technology
I'm having trouble recalling the name of an old game from a long time ago. It was a 2d medieval historically accurate game where you basically wandered around a world with a small army or band of guys killing people and gaining reputation, I believe the game was mostly just very sandboxy and had no real end to it. I think you could also do quests and stuff. The setting was in Europe. It might have had some RPG elements to it.

God damn, I may never remember it again. does anyone know if there's like an Akinator question style thing but for games out there?

gearn on

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wish I could help you, but I got one too

A space game for the sega genesis where you fly around, you can land on planets and drive a little car called a "TV" around

When flying out of a solar system it announced "LEAVING SOLAR SYSTEM" and you started bleeding fuel super fast

override367 on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    gearn wrote: »
    I'm having trouble recalling the name of an old game from a long time ago. It was a 2d medieval historically accurate game where you basically wandered around a world with a small army or band of guys killing people and gaining reputation, I believe the game was mostly just very sandboxy and had no real end to it. I think you could also do quests and stuff. The setting was in Europe. It might have had some RPG elements to it.

God damn, I may never remember it again. does anyone know if there's like an Akinator question style thing but for games out there?

Darklands?

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Darklands?

That was going to be my guess as well.

Visskar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

A space game for the sega genesis where you fly around, you can land on planets and drive a little car called a "TV" around

When flying out of a solar system it announced "LEAVING SOLAR SYSTEM" and you started bleeding fuel super fast

Starflight?

slash000 on
  • Options
    gearngearn __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

Darklands?

Yes! thank god, are there any modern Darklands style games out there today?

gearn on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I can only think about Mount & Blade right now.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »

I can only think about Mount & Blade right now.
    If you like roguelikes there's UnReal World.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Darklands is an awesome game, loved it when I'd fall over a satanic town and purge it (with fire).

While we're on the subject though here's a game I've been trying to remember the name of. Its a sort of top down platform shooter, you play a Guerilla and a maybe a black cat who are cops in New York. You can find upgrades for your guns like explosive bullets, 3 arcing bullets and it would be sorta random in the storyline. Each game had a random progression through the maps, usually from a different starting position on it. Some of the maps were a bar, a park, a construction yard and a hockey field (where you'd slide when moving on the ice).

You could play hot seat multiplayer on the same keyboard and its maybe 8-10 years old. Any takers?

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    slash000 wrote: »

Starflight?

I was going to say that this sounded like Starflight but I didn't know there was a console port.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    LethardicusLethardicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The graphics for Darklands reminds me a lot of http://www.swordandsworcery.com/

fun stuff

Lethardicus on