As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Splinter Cell CONVICTION - Insurgency Map Pack (800 MSP) 4 new Deniable Ops Maps!

OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Games and Technology
Splinter Cell Conviction

sccsaminterrogationicon.jpg

RELEASE DATE: RIGHT NOW
PLATFORMS: XBOX 360 and PC
RATING: M
DEVELOPER: UBISOFT MONTREAL
PUBLISHER: UBISOFT

Single Player

Since Double Agent, Sam Fisher's life has not improved. His daughter's dead, and while Sam knows where to find those responsible [RE: EXACT VENGEANCE] there remains a small obstacle: the secret division of the NSA, Third Echelon - which Sam used to work for - really wants to have a chat with Sam as to why his old boss Irving Lambert is dead. Yes, Lambert's death is canon. Yes it'd dumb, you probably saved him in your game.

None of this is really important. The game is basically super stealth soldier Sam Fisher who is a literal Panther, and a metaphorical Jack Bauer, James Bond, and Jason Bourne. JB man, if you'd like. JB Panther.

JB Panther wants to avenge his daughters death. This game is basically Taken, if Liam Neeson discovered his little girl was dead, and all he had left was raging vengeance on all those involved.

Single Player Videos!

NEW Game Mechanics!

Contrast Stealth Vision - When you're hidden and in the shadows, the world is black and white. When you're exposed and in DANGER DANGER DANGER, the world is in bright colour!

Storyline Environment - Flashbacks or hints of new characters or situations appear on the foreground of the game environment. Basically objectives and cutscenes now play on walls and buildings.

Last Known Position - Great, they fucking saw you. Where they saw you will be displayed as a white, ghosty silhouette. Enemies will shoot at and run towards that ghosty thing. Flank and fuck them up when they do this, silly guards.

Mark and Execute - When you melee kill someone, you gain the ability to MnE. You can mark multiple enemies, and then with the press of a button instantly kill them. Watch the videos to get an idea as to how this works. You can also MnE certain environmental objects, like say an EMP bomb above a couple of guards. Gravity willing, that shot to the support cable will kill all of them!

Persistent Elite Creation - Sam now has the ability to pick up weapons and ammunition from fallen enemies and fully customise them at weapon stores placed throughout the game. It is also possible to edit the appearance of your [Multiplayer] avatar and increase his amour and the amount of ammunition and gadgets you can carry, plus the efficiency of your weapons and gadgets.

Purchasing upgrades or costumes for PEC requires Points, which you earn by doing in game challenges, like vanishing immediately after Last Known Position, or getting 10 stealth kills in a row!

Interrogation Mechanic - Able to interrogate NPC's while using the environment. Basically walk up to shit and watch Sam be angsty and brutal. Bit more interesting than past games and the pushing of A over and over again.

MULTIPLAYER

People like Splinter Cell MP. Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow had really cool competitive MP, and Chaos Theory had Coop mode that was the babomb. Double Agent had these sort of but it was badandlet'sforgetaboutthatgame.

Conviction offers two basic modes of multiplayer! Cooperative Campaign, and Deniable Ops, both of which are detailed below (with vids!)

CAN PLAY COOPERATIVELY IN: SPLIT SCREEN, SYSTEM LINK, XBOX LIVE

COOPERATIVE CAMPAIGN

Rather than the cooperative campaign that ran concurently with Sam Fisher's Chaos Theory romp, Conviction offers a 2 player cooperative story that acts as a Prologue to Sam's current adventure! The prologue follows the wacky missions of agents Archer and Kestrel as they track down EMP Warheads!

The cooperative characters control the same as Sam - all those new game mechanics apply to them as well! Similar to Chaos Theory, if one coop bro is downed, they have a short time to be healed by their buddy before they bleed out, and the mission is deemed an utter failure.

FUN FACT: One spies' marked target can be executed by the other spy!

KESTREL - Mikhail Andreyevitch Loskov
Hardcore Russian man who has seen some rough shit. He's a member of the Voron, the Russian equivalent to Third Echelon.
250pxsplintercell09.jpg

ARCHER - Daniel Robert Sloane-Suarez
Grade A Splinter Cell. He also has an Economics degree from Harvard. He used to be an intelligence analyst, but then got angsty, so Grim made him a killer.
800px2010020306430921ar.jpg

Cooperative Story Video!

DENIABLE OPS

Deniable Ops are challenge rooms and competitive multiplayer. All of the modes, save Face Off, can be played solo, but that's fucking lame; get a bro and Splinter Cell it up together!

Hunter - Clear the map of enemies. If you get spotted, that section of the level goes from 10 enemies to 20! FAILURE!

Infiltration - Same as Hunter, but with the condition that detection by enemies automatically results in a mission failure. UPLAY is required to play. It's lame, but easy to get. Infiltration also has many new, challenging additions to the Hunter maps, like lasers, more cameras, and friskier guards!

Last Stand - Protect an EMP warhead from waves of advancing foes. Basically a 'waves of enemies need to not touch my important shit' game mode. There are 20 waves, and each subsequent wave adds a greater number of enemies that are better trained!

Face Off - The sole adversarial mode, with two players going head-to-head. Spies can kill each other, or a host of A.I. opponents populating the map, for points. This shit ISN'T FUCKING GODDAMN MERCS VS SPIES, but it's still a lot of fun!

DENIABLE OPS VIDEOS

WEAPONS AND GADGETS IN THE GAME

Pistols:
-FMP8 (successor to the SC Pistol)
-P228
-Desert Eagle
-MP-446 Viking
-P99
-Mark 23
- USP .45

-Submachine Guns (one-handed):
-MP7
-SA vz. 61 Skorpion
-MAC-11
-SR-2M (referred to as "SMG-2 machine pistol") (early access granted to Limited Collector's Edition buyers)

Submachine Guns:
-MP5-N
-MP5SD
-UMP
-MP5SD3

Assault Rifles:
-SC3000 Assualt Rifle (successor to the SC-20K)
-G36C
-AKS-74U
-SR-3 Vikhr
-Barrett REC-7 (M468)
-SCAR-H
-FAMAS
-AK-47

Shotguns:
-Mossberg 500 Cruiser
-M3
-SPAS-12

Equipment
-Frag Grenade
-EMP Grenade
-Flashbang Grenade
-Mirror shard
-Optic Cable
-OPSAT/PDA
-Multi-Vision Goggles (referred to as the "Sonar Goggles")
-EMP Backpack

Screenshots/Concept Art

OmnomnomPancake on

• Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is here for future things.

Like complaining about the single player freezing.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I heard the single player freeze was officially fixed.

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    having played both single and co-op, i am of the opinion that this is definitely a much better co-op game

also, nice OP

Joolander on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I heard the single player freeze was officially fixed.

Yes it is!

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've never had the game freeze on me, cant say I'm complaining.

Also, very nice OP, was worth the wait.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Co-op ending was amazing.

Amazing

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Last night my stopping point was 2:30 AM and Third Echelon. Maybe I was too tired to figure it out, but some hints? Let's just say I'm sick of talking to the receptionist over and over again.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    exoplasm wrote: »
    Last night my stopping point was 2:30 AM and Third Echelon. Maybe I was too tired to figure it out, but some hints? Let's just say I'm sick of talking to the receptionist over and over again.

Shoot the guy in the office, then run and shoot the two guys down the hallway. Then run before the gates come down.

I know what you mean about the receptionist, but look on the bright side. She's got some nice cleavage.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That receptionist part was annoying. I basically ran left as much as I could, I think there was a point where you could jump and hang over a ledge, but not sure if it was necessary.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The OP mentions a FAMAS. Where is this FAMAS?

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The OP mentions a FAMAS. Where is this FAMAS?

Don't exist. Maybe it'll be DLC. Either way, all the rifles are pointless.

I beat the game,
    I guess this is effectively a reboot. Minus Lambert. And 3E. Now its Grimm and Sam. Like some sorta Agent 47 Diana, or much more likely, Snake and Otacon duo. :-\

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I was trying to beat the mansion on realistic without firing a shot and it was going well and then I died in the last room.

Stupid thing. I need points so I can buy stuff to get achievements.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Can't you just go through it on rookie to get the PEC?

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Why would I play it on rookie? Gosh.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's possible to go through missions in this game without firing a shot in realistic? That's a pretty big plus to me.

Ranced on
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My nerves are shot from a failed stealth run of Hunter.

On the last guy in the last room of the stage, he decided he was scared after seeing his friends get executed from out of nowhere and fired his gun into the darkness, summoning reinforcements in the process.

:(

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is here for future things.

Like complaining about the single player freezing.

Wow, is it that prevalent? Had it freeze on me in the first 10 minutes yesterday, but so far so good today.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ranced wrote: »
    It's possible to go through missions in this game without firing a shot in realistic? That's a pretty big plus to me.

Well, you still have to kill people.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm playing Halo 2 all tonight but maybe tomorrow or Friday I can finish single player and get ready for co-op. I am kind of rusty at SC though... hoping I can get my skills back.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

In every level or just some? SC games always have a level or two where they force you to fight, though they at least gave you the option of being kinda stealthy about it.

Ranced on
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

In every level or just some? SC games always have a level or two where they force you to fight, though they at least gave you the option of being kinda stealthy about it.

If non-lethal completely stealth runs are what you are talking about, I don't think there is a level in the game that facilitates that.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'm almost done with the single player now, the thing I miss most is definitely the analog speed control.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

If non-lethal completely stealth runs are what you are talking about, I don't think there is a level in the game that facilitates that.

And a lot of the later levels are narrow corridors filled with cover that the game clogs with enemies that are impossible to actually sneak through.

This is really when the game is at its worst. It really, really could have used more arena-ish panther playgrounds.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have yet to touch the co-op (got an old friend who wants me to wait til the weekend), but here's my review of the single player campaign.
    Jesus, what a rushed mess. I clocked in at around seven hours, which is paltry by any standard. Unfortunately, this isn't a case of Max Payne 2-itis where the game is shot but jampacked with action and polish. Instead, the level design gradually DEVOLVES into a veritable mess of mid 1990s action game frustrations.

The last hour includes, among other things
    - Yet another variant on the "helicopter in the air, wait for it to stop firing, move forward, pause, wait" level.
    - A complete tilt in favor of balls out action. Splinter Cell has always included light dollops of action, but they usually served to reinforce just how much better it was to avoid combat. This time around, there are literally large sections of the game that offer no credible stealthy solution. I'm not even talking about complete invisible ninja, leave the enemies alone style, either. That's not even an option in any sense. The last level is filled with rooms that I honestly couldn't figure out how to beat by stealthy removing each enemy individually. Instead, I resorted to frags and remote mines and firing like a blind man.
    - A storyline that, while slightly more bearable than Call of Duty 2 (barely), still rapidly heads to "areyoufuckingkiddingme?" really fast.

I could actually describe my experiences as a bit of a bell curve. The first hour or so was spent having to realize that the days of non-linearity are long, long over. More times than not, I'd see a bright red orange pipe next to a door that took me to a window. I'd avoid it, thinking "oh, that's the obvious route." I eventually realized that whenever I thought I was taking the obvious route it was actually the stealthier of two routes. This is actually more linear than even Rainbow Six Vegas. Yes, we're talking enemy spawn points, rooms with only one solution, and a frustrating lack of actions.

Still, the game's middle section is marvellous. Once you get used to the notion of killing everyone (and I do mean everyone), the game hits a very nice rhythm. The story begins to hint at larger machinations, but the choice bits of characterization work well. The levels themselves open up and allow you to slowly pick off an enemy here or there, feeling just like the Badass Panther (heh) that the developers kept on yammering about.

And then Ubisoft ran out of money, or something. Stealth completely falls apart (the Streets of DC), and you might as well be playing a clunky third person shooter. I actually enjoyed the game mechanics much more than I thought I would. Unfortunately, they are let down my occasionally atrocious level design that easily serves as the most frustrating Splinter Cell since the first. Quick Save is completely removed, and the checkpoints occasionally force you to replay two or three huge sections in one go.At one point, I spent twenty minutes getting through a ballroom that was littered with flaky AI, terribly inconsistent lighting, and unbeilevably unfair conditions. I finally say fuck it, lob three grenades and two mines, and guiltily saunter out the room. Only to be greeted by a smoke grenade and seven more enemies that effortlessly fly from previously locked siderooms and ceiling panels.

Yeah, I'm going to be bitching about this one for a looong time. A lot of the problems stem from the fact that I'd be much more forgiving if A) The game hadn't resorted to so much filler B) Took three years to come out C) Didn't use the Splinter Cell name or characters and D) Arkham Asylum did the whole "strike from the shadows" stealth dynamic much better and earlier.

NaturalNarcissist on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

And a lot of the later levels are narrow corridors filled with cover that the game clogs with enemies that are impossible to actually sneak through.

This is really when the game is at its worst. It really, really could have used more arena-ish panther playgrounds.

Wow. Sounds like they just got lazy.

Ranced on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'm near the end game - I just beat the demo level - and I agree with the large review on the previous page.
    One of the things that annoys me about the game is that a lot of it suffers from the same level design flaws as Mass Effect 2 - the combat rooms are very obvious, with cover laid out just so. There's nothing organic about the last few levels. It wouldn't be so bad if the shooting was tighter, like, say at the level of Red Faction: Guerrilla, but it's not.

The middle third of the game is fun. The Washington Monument levels in particular. It was awesome sneaking through the Mall at night, beating up people away from the civilians, then using the EMP field to get away, and recording that conversation the next day. That felt like spy work.

The plot is a bit disappointing. I don't know much about the SC mythos, but it's been pretty paint-by-numbers so far.

Finally, I think not having the ability to move bodies is dumb, and I'm betting the decision was made to make the 'infiltrate Third Echelon' level challenging. Also, why don't enemy soldiers look up?

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm having a bit of a love/hate relationship with the scope upgrade for the AK-47. Sometimes it's useful and other times it's awkward. Not that I get to use it much anyway due to the noise and all.

The Mossberg 500 is pretty nice. Has a really satisfying BOOM when you blow someone away.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The single player campaign really does turn to shit towards the end when it just turns into a corridor shooter.

Oh well, can't wait to tackle coop and deniable ops now.

tofu on
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hunter is so much fun! holy shit.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ANGER

This game rules

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm lovin' dis shit. ANGRY SAM

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have yet to touch the co-op (got an old friend who wants me to wait til the weekend), but here's my review of the single player campaign.
    Jesus, what a rushed mess. I clocked in at around seven hours, which is paltry by any standard. Unfortunately, this isn't a case of Max Payne 2-itis where the game is shot but jampacked with action and polish. Instead, the level design gradually DEVOLVES into a veritable mess of mid 1990s action game frustrations.

The last hour includes, among other things
    - Yet another variant on the "helicopter in the air, wait for it to stop firing, move forward, pause, wait" level.
    - A complete tilt in favor of balls out action. Splinter Cell has always included light dollops of action, but they usually served to reinforce just how much better it was to avoid combat. This time around, there are literally large sections of the game that offer no credible stealthy solution. I'm not even talking about complete invisible ninja, leave the enemies alone style, either. That's not even an option in any sense. The last level is filled with rooms that I honestly couldn't figure out how to beat by stealthy removing each enemy individually. Instead, I resorted to frags and remote mines and firing like a blind man.
    - A storyline that, while slightly more bearable than Call of Duty 2 (barely), still rapidly heads to "areyoufuckingkiddingme?" really fast.

I could actually describe my experiences as a bit of a bell curve. The first hour or so was spent having to realize that the days of non-linearity are long, long over. More times than not, I'd see a bright red orange pipe next to a door that took me to a window. I'd avoid it, thinking "oh, that's the obvious route." I eventually realized that whenever I thought I was taking the obvious route it was actually the stealthier of two routes. This is actually more linear than even Rainbow Six Vegas. Yes, we're talking enemy spawn points, rooms with only one solution, and a frustrating lack of actions.

Still, the game's middle section is marvellous. Once you get used to the notion of killing everyone (and I do mean everyone), the game hits a very nice rhythm. The story begins to hint at larger machinations, but the choice bits of characterization work well. The levels themselves open up and allow you to slowly pick off an enemy here or there, feeling just like the Badass Panther (heh) that the developers kept on yammering about.

And then Ubisoft ran out of money, or something. Stealth completely falls apart (the Streets of DC), and you might as well be playing a clunky third person shooter. I actually enjoyed the game mechanics much more than I thought I would. Unfortunately, they are let down my occasionally atrocious level design that easily serves as the most frustrating Splinter Cell since the first. Quick Save is completely removed, and the checkpoints occasionally force you to replay two or three huge sections in one go.At one point, I spent twenty minutes getting through a ballroom that was littered with flaky AI, terribly inconsistent lighting, and unbeilevably unfair conditions. I finally say fuck it, lob three grenades and two mines, and guiltily saunter out the room. Only to be greeted by a smoke grenade and seven more enemies that effortlessly fly from previously locked siderooms and ceiling panels.

Yeah, I'm going to be bitching about this one for a looong time. A lot of the problems stem from the fact that I'd be much more forgiving if A) The game hadn't resorted to so much filler B) Took three years to come out C) Didn't use the Splinter Cell name or characters and D) Arkham Asylum did the whole "strike from the shadows" stealth dynamic much better and earlier.

a very astute review. the middle was closest to the kinshasa level in DA

the experience transfers much, much better to co-op though if you have a good partner

Joolander on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So in the multiplayer modes of this are you limited to 2 players or can 3 or 4 peeps get on and spy some mans?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, I really hate the sonar goggles. Give me IR and heat any day. And, if Sam wants to look around corners, isn't that what the snake cam is for? Or that mirror?

I really wish the game went in a different direction in terms of gameplay. Instead of throwing scores of well armed and armored, but thick as a brick, enemies at me, I'd rather play a game of cat and mouse with a few really intelligent agents, each of us setting up traps, decoys, and trying to out maneuver each other.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A buddy and I beat co-op last night... took a few hours because we're both terribad spies. Him worse than I (really, I swear!). Damn fun ride though.

Do you ever get a weapon that has 4 marks? I'm just curious... otherwise, I assume you have to use an environmental marker to do that PEC.

Also, I'd love to play with you guys, but I really am good at setting off alarms and getting in peoples' faces. I try not to, but inevitably I go "I can grab this motherfucker" and someone happens to be peeking over a railing above just as I do.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    A buddy and I beat co-op last night... took a few hours because we're both terribad spies. Him worse than I (really, I swear!). Damn fun ride though.

Do you ever get a weapon that has 4 marks? I'm just curious... otherwise, I assume you have to use an environmental marker to do that PEC.

Also, I'd love to play with you guys, but I really am good at setting off alarms and getting in peoples' faces. I try not to, but inevitably I go "I can grab this motherfucker" and someone happens to be peeking over a railing above just as I do.

The only weapon I've found with four marks is the five-seven pistol. I never use anything else.

And I have to say the co-op is tons better than the single player. Played through the story last night (awesome ending), and quite a few hunter missions. We ended up clearing a hunter mission in about the sloppiest way last night though.

One guy left in the very last stage of the hunter area we were in, and we're running around trying to find him (getting careless). When we finally do, my partner runs up to melee and gets immediately shot down. I run in after and the fucker shoots me too. Apparently, he shot the guy right when he put me down, so we won anyway with me lying prone and him sitting there bleeding out.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    KweliKweli Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Co-Op Moment...

My teammate is in a choke hold and im running to save him.... Im thinking i will be able to run to the side of him and either shoot him or do my own takedown.... Turns out, this mother*ker turns and shoots me (must be in the head b/c i dropped like a brick)

Game Over

Kweli on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    The single player campaign really does turn to shit towards the end when it just turns into a corridor shooter.

Oh well, can't wait to tackle coop and deniable ops now.

I disagree.

You're talking about streets of DC and the White House, right? It gets harder trying to stay hidden when the lights are unbreakable, but I wouldn't say it turns into a shooter. Just means you've gotta stay hidden in fewer locations. It's them upping the difficulty on sneaking. And then there are the Third Echelon agents... well, remember the final levels of Chaos Theory? You started fighting black ops soldiers with infra red vision that could spot you in the darkness. Well, same thing here.

I think the campaign is pretty good. With the Hunter mode in Deniable Ops, it's nice just sneaking around, but there isn't much variety. You're going from chapter to chapter killing 10 guys. I appreciated the variety of stuff to do in the campaign, from Iraq to the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial. Of course... the Iraq level was probably the least polished and well executed of anything in the game, but it wasn't... awful. Just kinda a subpar third person shooter. Very awkward balance of ConViction and R6 Vegas stuck together. You could tell it didn't have the sort of care that other parts of the game had.

The Lincoln Memorial was great though. That was definitely the most Bourne-like level in the entire campaign, and I enjoyed it. The uh, the chase that lasted an ungodly amount of time, and hiding afterwards... it was a lot of fun. Completely unlike anything in a previous SC game, but that's okay, cause it worked.

Oh yea, one more thing. I refuse to mount a reflex sight on any of my pistols. That's just hideous. Anyone else think so? Aesthetically, it's an ugly mess. Pistols just don't look good with reflex sights. I think the only time I've ever seen pistols with them mounted on was in Vin Diesel's xXx. So yea... just awful, not doing it. But uh, I still managed to get the PEC challenge for a 4 target Mark and Execute. There's one part of the campaign that lets you do it. So yay, didn't have to ruin the look of my Five-seveN with the sight.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So who is the ginger?

And why is she so ugly?

Blake T on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    So who is the ginger?

And why is she so ugly?

That would be Grim.

She probably doesn't look so good because