Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

How can you not support Obama on NASA?

• JedocJedoc Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do you think the writers and directors of those films feel like they do good work? Do they go home all excited to talk to their spouses about how well their vision of a basketball-playing leprechaun is being realized?

Or do they stumble directly from the set to the nearest dive bar and just drink and drink and drink?

cannon.jpg
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Smart_house_movie_cover.jpg

Saw this movie so many dang times

digichuckarm2.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Do you think the writers and directors of those films feel like they do good work? Do they go home all excited to talk to their spouses about how well their vision of a basketball-playing leprechaun is being realized?

Or do they stumble directly from the set to the nearest dive bar and just drink and drink and drink?

They can't feel pride about that work. Even if the money is good, you know by the third movie they've already picked out where they're going to hang themselves once it's finished.

• KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I've always thought that it's a strange concept that vampires have elongated canines. Do they magically grow after they've died?

receding gum lines of recently deceased corpses give the appearance of their teeth growing longer

the origins of the vampire mythos are actually pretty interesting

• HarrierHarrier Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, I think in that line of work you'd tend to become hedonistic.

You'd buy nice clothes, buy a nice car, buy sex from prostitutes

Buy, buy, buy, to try to fill the hole in your existence

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Harrier wrote: »
    Man, I think in that line of work you'd tend to become hedonistic.

You'd buy nice clothes, buy a nice car, buy sex from prostitutes

Buy, buy, buy, to try to fill the hole in your existence

:winky:

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • JedocJedoc Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    I've always thought that it's a strange concept that vampires have elongated canines. Do they magically grow after they've died?

receding gum lines of recently deceased corpses give the appearance of their teeth growing longer

the origins of the vampire mythos is actually pretty interesting

Vampire melons. I'm always shocked and saddened when the vampire melons fail to make it into the mainstream when the vampire craze comes back around.

cannon.jpg
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

They can't feel pride about that work. Even if the money is good, you know by the third movie they've already picked out where they're going to hang themselves once it's finished.

Or they cling to that one clever line they worked into the movie all the while their relationships all suffer because they're bitter and sitting on a 2,000 page script they've never had the balls to show the higher-ups.

hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

the origins of the vampire mythos is actually pretty interesting

Vampire melons. I'm always shocked and saddened when the vampire melons fail to make it into the mainstream when the vampire craze comes back around.
    what are you talking about
    have you seen some of those lady draculas
    Spoiler:

• TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    edited April 2010
    NightDragon posted in the AC

I keep watching it over and over

I am determined to attend something like that now

• VeretasVeretas Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT DID SOMEONE ELSE WATCH ZENON

I fucking loved Zenon

• FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Keep in mind though that the nebulas aren't really visible to the eye; you've got a special filter to pick all of that up on camera.

edited April 2010
    well

an ocean of stars is still awesome

edited April 2010
    Yes Veretas knows what's up ^5

digichuckarm2.png
    edited April 2010
    The zequel sucked balls though and never existed.

edited April 2010
    They made a 3rd one

I have no clue what it's about

digichuckarm2.png
  • NastymanNastyman Registered User
    edited April 2010
    They also take a 30 second exposure on every frame for those videos. Still totally awe-inspiring though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Zenon the Zequel had superior effects and a more dramatic plot than the original

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • nateknatek Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    1999 was the best year for disney originals
    but dang
    1998-2000, so many good things there

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Member of Twin Club Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    NASA to Disney original movies.

Impressive topic change.
    Spoiler:

wb5cft.png
    edited April 2010

Impressive topic change.
    Spoiler:

you mean...Blank Check?

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Member of Twin Club Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's the one.

God, I can't believe I remember these.

wb5cft.png
    edited April 2010

Impressive topic change.
    Spoiler:

He didn't get a blank check from a billionaire.

He got a blank check from his grandmother, then proceeded to put a billion dollars on it. When he went to the bank to cash it the head guy thought he was the contact to drain out a bunch of cash he would get and blah blabhalbhalbhah

Yeah I remember that one

edited April 2010
    so I had no idea these two were in this movie that I watched as a kid
    Wish Upon a Star

other movies I forgot about:
    Susie Q
    The Paper Brigade
    Can of Worms
    Horse Sense

ahhh, memories

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    what was the last good DOM made

steam_sig.png
    play me in hearthstone: abstrakt11#1365 3DS: 5198-2523-9315
    edited April 2010
    Veretas wrote: »

Impressive topic change.
    Spoiler:

He got a blank check from his grandmother, then proceeded to put a billion dollars on it. When he went to the bank to cash it the head guy thought he was the contact to drain out a bunch of cash he would get and blah blabhalbhalbhah

Yeah I remember that one

I think we might be talking about 2 different movies. In the one I saw, this kid almost got run over by a billionaire, who gave him a check to avoid being sued. He was in too much of a hurry to put a value on it, so the kid took him for all he was worth.

(I can still remember this!?)

wb5cft.png
    edited April 2010
    Kazaam_poster.jpg

best movie ever

I was so sad when he had to do the other wish and :(

edited April 2010
    How does a genie get to be trapped in a boombox anyway

edited April 2010

Impressive topic change.
    Spoiler:

Yeah I remember that one

I think we might be talking about 2 different movies. In the one I saw, this kid almost got run over by a billionaire, who gave him a check to avoid being sued. He was in too much of a hurry to put a value on it, so the kid took him for all he was worth.

That was totally not blank check

edited April 2010
    It wasn't blank check, but it was definitely a Disney Original Movie.

...I saw that film years ago, and only a half-hour of it at that!
    I'm disturbed by my photographic Disney memory.

wb5cft.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Impressive topic change.
    Spoiler:

Yeah I remember that one

yes it was

I don't know what you're thinking of but that is totally blank check

xmassig2.gif
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    which one is the one where he has a falling out with his butler

but the butler has a dramatic change of heart and totally ends up saving the day

edited April 2010
    Oh wait that was Blank Check

i thought he got the check from his grandma

Ohhhhh no wait he told his parent it was from his grandma

• Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Impressive topic change.
    Spoiler:

Yeah I remember that one

Yes it was, the guy crushes his bike and writes him a blank check, saying his parents would tell him what to do with it
    He did not steal a billion dollars from his grandma because that would be double stupid

Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    well except it was a crooked bank president not a billionaire

xmassig2.gif