Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

record store day

1235»

• FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited April 2010
    catching up on record store day releases

the black keys one is excellent why am i not listening to these guys already

and beastie boys released some pretty sweet mixes off DJ hero

edited April 2010
    oh gosh

anybody know what gig the live version of Skeletons on the YYY release is from? Karen's voice quivers throughout and it is just amazing.

• QuirkQuirk Registered User
    edited April 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i don't know i guess i'm different but to me buying vinyl is all about understanding the history of music. i'll find something that has great art, or with a producer credit i recognize, or in a genre i'm a bit unsure of but want to get into. and it'll be a gamble usually but generally it'll have some excellent music i never would have even ventured into. and i'll end up reading into prog rock for three hours or listening to a rad funk song called young girls are my weakness

buying vinyl of a band who has probably has a myspace page and an exclusive itunes track kind of doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah I found a whole bunch of cool stuff on vinyl for basically no money. I have a really weird Hendrix album, I got Tommy by the Who for about £3, a UK Subs album (with an extra live album included) for £1.50, and a whole bunch of other things. I miss that record shop

• zimfanzimfan Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    i wish i had a record player

but vinyl is really expensive and it would be a hassle in my dorm and waaaahhh

Get one of them ION USB ones.

also this band is quite good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsbR2dEmHGc

Yesss

First record I bought.

Admittedly, it was after having seen High Fidelity

PasscodeSig.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Faricazy wrote: »
    the black keys one is excellent why am i not listening to these guys already

because you crazy

rubber factory is one of my all time favourite records

mandresig_zps30545639.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Man, I love the way you talk Using 40 words where 4 will doRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've been hunting down some of the exclusive records on eBay

I won the Devo single, but got the ol "surprise bid at 2 seconds" for the Modest Mouse album

205xuzr.jpg
    Twitter / Steam / 3DS: 2981-5358-6078
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's really upsetting that there is no record store in Isla Vista or even Santa Barbara. I almost want to open one when I graduate.

• DsmartDsmart Registered User
    edited April 2010
    I ended up with Stop Making Sense on Bluray.

Watching it right now on the 60'' and the new stereo system.

Life changing.

edited April 2010
    someone who knows about these things tell me if i should even bother trying to find a Piper at the Gates of Dawn LP for reasonable money

• TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I recently came across a vinyl of Iron Maiden's 'Piece of Mind' in excellent condition, for $5.
    I've already listened to the CD countless times, but still, holy shit is this awesome.

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Doodmann wrote: »
    It's really upsetting that there is no record store in Isla Vista or even Santa Barbara. I almost want to open one when I graduate.

There's no more Morning Glory?
    I guess I can take their card off my key chain

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
1235»