As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW-EU] www.obsidianspur.eu

Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
<Obsidian Spur>
The European PA guild on Saurfang!

The Spur has been remade, join now if you are an awesome person looking for an awesome guild.

Cataclysm is here.

The Reunion Clusterfuck is underway, go to page 13 to skip our WotLK escapades!

our illustrious leader
strongseel.png

Your name is SEEL.

You love being STRONG.

Practically everything MAKES YOU FURIOUS. You have so much rage, it can only be expressed through STAGGERING QUANTITIES OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE. You often seek out elves and other lesser creatures and crush their puny bodies beneath your hooves. You have crushed so many elves, it has developed into a habit BORDERING ON FETISHISTIC. You have to stop. But addiction is a powerful thing.

> Join The Spur

So if you want to make shit take place, basically make it transpire, then come join us hordeside, on the Saurfang server!

Almost everyone has invite rights at the moment, so just /who Obsidian Spur and ask whoever is online at the time.

For those who would ask what class they should play: Play what you like really. For cataclysm a lot of people are rerolling, so I can't say what classes we lack right now anyway.
But if I would have to guess, we probably have no lack of priests, since everyone here seems to have impeccable taste! 8-)

Now get the fuck in here!

Prof. Awesome on

• VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This thread is lacking in a severe ammount of ~'s!

Anyway, at the moment we're only like what, 6 members. So anyone who wants to transfer to just even level in the guild and not exactly raid is welcome. Would be awesome to get some more PA folks to join in with the fun ;D

Varethius on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rest assured, I will be rerolling Horde and will need an awesome guild of awesome people to level with when Cataclysm hits.

And not a day sooner.

Consider this is a Bron-arentee.

SpongeCake on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The wife and I have just rolled some characters on Saurfang, super casual since we're fairly entrenched on our home server but we'll do our thang here.

Junpei -> Orc Hunter (me)
    Kanna -> Belf Priest (the wife)

Junpei on
  • AzareanAzarean Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll be back up and running in a day or two.

I am/was Azarean, Ishala, Mogzug (Who were all the same toon, over time...) so I'll in all likelyhood Pewpew on Hunter.

See you all Serverside when I'm in!

Azarean on
    edited April 2010
    @ Azarean and Bron. That is the bestest news <3

Varethius on
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aw yeah bron!
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    [...]And not a day sooner.[...]
    Nice try zarflax, but you can't fool me, because I just saw you: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Saurfang&n=Bronja 8-)8-)

Prof. Awesome on
  • KaruwenKaruwen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I (Dalathas) might join you at some point, but my computer is borked right now, and I can't afford to fix it or get a new one.

Hopefully in time for Cataclysm though!

Karuwen on
    Steam, Xbox Live & PSN : Karuwen
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aw yeah bron!
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    [...]And not a day sooner.[...]
    Nice try zarflax, but you can't fool me, because I just saw you: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Saurfang&n=Bronja 8-)8-)

Haha, Bronja is a fantastic name. My account's not even active though I'm afraid! Imposter! If all the good Bron names are stolen by the time I actually arrive I'm gonna be pissed. Prepare the Angry Clams.

SpongeCake on
  • AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I may return to the fold come Cataclysm, I have yet to make up my mind (really depends on whats going on when it hits, summer can be crazy).

Regardless best of luck getting this thing going, may [WoW-EU] last for 10,000 years!

Astns on
    edited April 2010
    I'm really happy about some of the old-timers coming back in the future.
    But let it be known that we fully intend to kill the Lich King before Cataclysm hits and maybe do some Ulduar hard modes too, if there's time for that.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Lich King heroic kills are also very tempting, but possibly suicidal :p

Varethius on
  • GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Before I roll an alt, I would like to know what kinda guild you intend this to be? casual raiding? pvp? bit more hardcore? Actually Hardcore?

TBH this is because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to alts and I cba levelling another character if it's just gonna chill out doing nothing..

GreenPowerRanger on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I could consider resubbing for this, though my time invested will be somewhat sporadic (May has a lot of free time in it by the looks of it, after that, not so sure).

However, my only real horde char is a l61 warrior on Magtheridon (from the original OS days) that I long long ago abandoned. He has like 300g, and not even an epic mount.

How's the guild on DK's? I might be tempted to try those again....

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited April 2010
    Before I roll an alt, I would like to know what kinda guild you intend this to be? casual raiding? pvp? bit more hardcore? Actually Hardcore?

TBH this is because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to alts and I cba levelling another character if it's just gonna chill out doing nothing..
    I'd say this is going to be a casual raiding guild in the same vein as it's previous incarnations.
    We were laid back, had fun and still progressed at a reasonable pace.
    SanderJK wrote: »
    How's the guild on DK's? I might be tempted to try those again....
    Surprisingly low on DKs actually, we might have one returning soon but other than that only DK alts.
    Although we're low on pretty much everything but priests, mages and melee dps at the moment, play whatever you like most.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Think I will level a mage, just so y'all know :)

GreenPowerRanger on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What do you jerks have nothing of, so far?

815165 on
    edited April 2010
    We're missing a (good) healer of the Paladin variety, no warlock so far, maybe a resto/boomkin druid, no dedicated shaman but certain people have stated an intention of maybe switching.

Hunter is incoming, right Azarean?

That should be about it.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Ah crapsticks, someone already has the name Silent on Saurfang. I'll probably move over a resto shaman I've been levelling (66 now I think) if that's cool?

815165 on
    edited April 2010
    That's like super cool... dude!

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Might be an idea to put up what we need in the OP so people dont need to ask :)

GreenPowerRanger on
    edited April 2010
    My Shaman isn't totally heirloomed up yet so I'm going to drag over an 80 Warrior to look after him, too.

815165 on
  • AzareanAzarean Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alright, renewing my Sub now.

Should be in game either tonight or tomorrow, as Mogzug. I was going to ditch Hunter, but really I'm fairly excited about the upcoming changes, so I figure I may as well be loyal to my home class.

It's unlikely I'll be raiding much, if at all, upon my return. I've taken up a couple of hobbies which significantly lessen my playtime. Summer soon though, and College after that, so with any luck, I'll be good to dedicate a better chunk of time to Goooblins.

Azarean on
    edited April 2010
    I guess I'll be on in the next couple of days too.

Blame Varethius, he threatened to publish the photos if I didnt resub.

Astns on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Better your photos than my drunk rambling

god vare why did you record that

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    Senshi wrote: »

You mean why did he upload that?

Astns on
    edited April 2010
    Astns wrote: »
    Senshi wrote: »

You mean why did he upload that?

Imagine heart-stopping fear

then immediately replace it with massive lulz

that was my reaction

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    Flawless Victory.

Astns on
    edited April 2010
    Also

<Protagonist> is a good name, though unfitting for one such as Astns. <Comic Relief> may be better suited for his ilk

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    So, we were busy raiding this past week: Cleared ToC, did some ulduar, some icc and did surprisingly well considering we always had 3 pugs on average.
    The dps shaman seriously asked which ring to replace with his new ashen band of destruction (one of his rings was blue) and the resto shaman had way too much hit and spirit on his gear. But, they still managed to understand Rotface after only two failed attempts!

Still got a shiteating grin akin to Astns avatar on my face, because my new Prot warrior got pimped out on that run, new chest, belt, shield and ring!

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    I will gladly ele shaman it up with you as soon as I get my computer back. Wanted to go horde on him for ages.

Will provide mediocre dps befitting of blizzard's most hated class, fuck yeah

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    Good work on today's raid too, killed festergut, bloodprinces and bloodqueen something or other.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    Good work on today's raid too, killed festergut, bloodprinces and bloodqueen something or other.

Awwww yeah, the kids are alright.

Also the Cata raid changes will be awesome. No more loot gap between 10 and 25 mans, good news for us!

Astns on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I saw that just now. 10-mans finally viable? fuck yes, bring it the fuck on

will resub and transfer the shaman as soon as I get my computer back

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    That was awesome. Hopefully we'll get a few more down tomorrow night! GG++!

Varethius on
    edited April 2010
    How weird, I was just thinking about this a few days ago, that 10 and 25 man raids should have similar items and now this!

Hooray for crappy 10man trinkets going away! (Looking at you ToC10)

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    I have decided that if I'm to come back to WoW, I will never ever raid sober again

is this acceptable, y/n

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    yes

Prof. Awesome on
    edited April 2010
    this pleases me

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    Oh God

Astns on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I installed/patched last night, and did the first few bits of DK starter, got appaled by the base UI, tried some UI packs, wasn't so happy with any, but by then I was too tired to really play much / contact manz (there were only four dudes on at that point anyway).

Dalaan the moocow DK is incoming though!

(I'm on the server with no resources whatsoever, if you feel like sponsorin' some scraps (bags, cheapo enchants, good ideas, bad ideas, things you think I should have....) I'll devour it all.

I'm thinking about going herbalism and either inscrip or alch (Riding around the old world gathering peacebloom is a fitting DK thing). Which would be better / easier?

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK