As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tech Podcasts that aren't TWIT?

blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I know theres another podcast thread open, but I thought it would be rude to hijack it with a different request. if I'm wrong, please lock this guy

Anywho, I've taken an interest in talk radio as of late, listening to NPR on my morning commute and such. However, while NPR does give me a good amount of the news I want, I'd like something tech focused. I tried TWIT (I listened to it in the beginning, but stopped when each one became over an hour), and it just seemed like it was a glorified ad for Apple. They didn't even talk about anything else, it was about what Steve Jobs was up to. I'd like a bit more variety, and less Apple whoring. I get it, they make cool stuff, who else does?

Any suggestions?

blakfeld on

• Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tested.com? They like the iPad and had some significant coverage on that on their side, but not as much talk about it in their podcast. They're fun and seem to really know their stuff. It's a Whiskey Media site, so if you listen to, for example, the Bombcast it is sort of similar in user interaction and stuff.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cool! both of those actually seem to be a bit more in the ballpark of what I'm looking for. Thanks! Any one else?

blakfeld on
  • Options
    November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You might try Buzz Out Loud on Cnet. It's usually around 30 minutes long and they have a show every week day.

If you interested in nuts and bolts PC stuff This Week in Computer Hardware or PC Perspective are good.

November Fifth on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I recommend Buzz Out Loud. It's more tech news, and not just fanboyism. Also I like Tom Merritt and Molly Wood.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00