Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Debate and Discourse: AWESOME POST in "Souper[chat]", by dlinfiniti

Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
Dunadan019 has reported a post.

Reason:
Drez wrote: »
Incenjucar wrote: »
Kagera wrote: »
TALKING ABOUT SHIT OTHER THAN SOMEONE ELSE'S PERSONAL LIFE IS TONS MORE FUN THIS IS WHY I HATE REALITY TV!

The quickest way to hate someone is to learn about them. :P

Very true. I believe in what I call the "earring of emotion." Let me demonstrate via MS Paint:

earringofemotion.jpg

When I meet someone brand new, I more or less start at the top (Apathy). As I get to know the person, I travel down one of the slopes, left or right, depending on whether or not I start to care about the person, or they start to annoy me. Eventually, you get to the bottom (the more you get to know them). And while the loop isn't exactly connected, it's sometimes possible to jump from one side to the other. Much easier once you get to know them that well. Much harder when you're in the stage of getting to know the person. Only when you really know someone can you really have a real emotion toward them.

Love and hate are just two sides to understanding. Apathy is when you don't understand or "know" someone at all.
Forum: Debate and Discourse
Assigned Moderators: Elki, ElJeffe, Irond Will

Posted by: dlinfiniti
Original Content:
Spoiler:

Dunadan019 on