Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New iPhone leaked

1565758596062»

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel COME ON AND DAN AND WELCOME TO THE DANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't understand that post. Nowhere in that memo does it say you can exchange a new phone and get the entire purchase price subtracted from the cost of the i4.

Those credits are pretty meager. You'd get much more if you sold it on Ebay or even if you went through a service like Gazelle.

Do you have a brain problem?

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Monoxide wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't understand that post. Nowhere in that memo does it say you can exchange a new phone and get the entire purchase price subtracted from the cost of the i4.

Those credits are pretty meager. You'd get much more if you sold it on Ebay or even if you went through a service like Gazelle.

uh, it says you can trade in the phone and get the i4 for $50 (16GB) or $100 (32GB)

this is compared to $500/$600 for unlocked phones because AT&T isn't going to give you an upgrade discount on a contract that has almost two full years remaining

seems like a good deal to me
    Wait, no it doesn't.
    The Price Protection Credit applied to the customer’s account will equal:
    $50 for the 3GS 16GB
    $100 for the 3GS 32GB

That's CREDIT, not cost.

• MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    oh

well

$150 for the 16GB and $200 for the 32GB then

it's still waiving your two year contract you just signed without charging the $350 ETF, unless that credit is actually toward the cost of an unlocked iPhone

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel COME ON AND DAN AND WELCOME TO THE DANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    A customer who purchased iPhone 3G/3GS through a Local Dealer from May 7, 2010 until June 7, 2010, who would like to exchange it for iPhone 4 and pay the price difference, will be able to do so.

• SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My point is, why would I want to give them the 3GS for $50 or $100 when I could put it on Ebay and get about as much as I paid for it (or more) depending on whether I bought the phone for $199 or $299 or the unsubsidized price.

And you just said AT&T isn't going to give you an upgrade discount on a contract that has almost two full years remaining so you should be paying the unsubsidized cost for the i4. Even if you aren't though, putting it on Ebay still nets you more cash. That's all this program does. It gives you a small credit towards the i4. Even if you didn't take advantage of the program you can still buy the new i4 at an unsubsidized cost and make it your phone. They wouldn't charge an ETF for that.

Edit: That portion is vague. Does it mean if you trade in a 16GB and buy a 32GB or does it mean the difference minus the credit you just received? Regardless, that still doesn't change the fact that if your phone isn't new enough to qualify for this apparent straight exchange the credit is a bad deal.

• potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If you bought a 3GS and want to keep it, they will credit you the difference in price ($50 or $100) to your account.
    It's just a simple price-matching plan, plus the option to trade in (a new one?) for full price towards a new iPhone4.

I tried to write "but that" and my hands naturally wrote "butt hat", which is vastly superior in every way.
  • SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ohhhh I see what it means now.

• AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, O2 are scrapping unlimited data. The usual crap about it being OK for most people is spewing forth. Of course they're helpfully selling extra data at £10 for 1 fucking gig.

foxs1.png
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    no such thing as unlimited these days it seems.

• scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    they should just hire NTT to come and fix their wireless. how did we let japan win.

japsig.jpg
    edited June 2010
    It's going to be great having to check my data levels any time I feel like streaming anything.

foxs1.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    ahahahaha what the hell

MobileMe costs one hundred bucks a year for basic things like calender, e-mail and contact syncing? sure the tracking and remote wipe is neat, but also things I can do on my phone for much less

there is no way in heaven I would pay anything for syncing contacts and calender, that should absolutely be free

if you set up your gmail account properly it will sync your phone/gmail Contacts, plus calendars and such, all for free

Yeah with mobileme you are basically paying one hundred bucks for "insurance" a year to know the location of your phone if it gets nicked.

edited June 2010
    Also can someone suggest to me a cool new game for my iPhone which is not Bejewelled, Canabalt or plants V zombies?

Need something to play while I take a dump.

edited June 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Also can someone suggest to me a cool new game for my iPhone which is not Bejewelled, Canabalt or plants V zombies?

Fruit Ninja.

foxs1.png
    edited June 2010
    Do the Japanese even care about mobile streaming over 3/4G? Considering they have DTT?

edited June 2010

Baseball Superstars 2010

oh and now they have Soccer Superstars

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010

the answer is always, always Peggle

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Peggle or Robot Unicorn Attack

which is like Canabalt, but more awesome

xmassig2.gif
  • ArtreusArtreus Hey kids, want some drugs?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Carcassonne. It is $5 but very very good.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Well, O2 are scrapping unlimited data. The usual crap about it being OK for most people is spewing forth. Of course they're helpfully selling extra data at £10 for 1 fucking gig.

ahhhh, for fuck's sake.

edited June 2010
    Galcon, Ramp Champ. Ramp Champ is the best poop game. Paper Bridge is neat and similar to World of Goo . ..who is I guess working on an iPad version?

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I really want to get street fighter for my iphone but it's TEN FUCKING DOLLARS

that's a lot of dollars

xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2010
    I also really like the simpsons beat 'em up they have on there

but goddamn, virtual joysticks suck

xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2010
    Yes paper bridge.

While I am taking a break from my job I will do my job while taking a poo.

(I will probably play it now)

edited June 2010
    I also got Tetris when it was on sale

but... it doesn't grab me, for some reason

and I am a man who likes his tetris

xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2010
    Boggle is a great poop game

Quickplay is just long enough for a nice poop

but only when you get it on sale

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    I am fucking awful at paper bridge

utter rubbish

edited June 2010
    yeah I think the important thing with any EA release is to wait for it to be on sale

they charge way too much

xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2010
    I also got Tetris when it was on sale

but... it doesn't grab me, for some reason

and I am a man who likes his tetris
    Touchscreen controls.

It'd be why Street fighter wouldn't be the best game.

edited June 2010
    The next iPhone needs to have slide out game controls. Like the PSP Go, but not a horrible failure.

foxs1.png
    edited June 2010

utter rubbish

oh me too

but reminds me of back in junior high when we built bridges out of balsa wood and stuff, and sometimes you come up with a ridiculous design for a span that just barely works and it's like "fuck you, train, fuck you car convoy"

edited June 2010
    We built chairs out of cardboard.

We made one that supported a 300lb teacher for like ten minutes.

It didn't break we just didn't want to push our luck.

• Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Chuzzle and Bookworm mang

Bookworm kept me sane on many a subway ride

feets.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »

utter rubbish

oh me too

but reminds me of back in junior high when we built bridges out of balsa wood and stuff, and sometimes you come up with a ridiculous design for a span that just barely works and it's like "fuck you, train, fuck you car convoy"

I remember I did a contest like that in 5th grade where we built bridges out of pasta. I built this great bridge with triangle supports and shit, awesome strength/weight ratio. But then some other group just took an entire box of spaghetti and soaked it all in Elmers' until it was a solid log you couldn't break with an axe. Goddamn cheaters.

Then later in 7th grade we had a balsa wood contest with actual rules in shop class (plus there was a money system where you had to buy the materials and tools you used). I did the same design and the teacher nearly ran out of weights before it broke, plus we won the money:strength contest. Vindication!

• CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Khoo approves of your money:strength ratio bridges.

4484-7718-8470
  • LarlarLarlar Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2010
    First person to buy me an iPhone 4 can make the next thread.

iwantanswers3.png
This discussion has been closed.