As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Phantastic Revolution, Prologue: GAME OVER, Ixbilt victory!

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Complete victory tastes so delicious.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Complete victory tastes so delicious.

Mmmmmmm.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Interesting. Interesting.

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PMs should be out. Let me know if any of them were wrong.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nobody has an inevitable win, sadly.

We'll see if you can get one tomorrow.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ITS NOT EVEN OVER!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oooOOoOOOooOoOOooOoo

Curses! Foiled again! D:

I wonder who will win this.

I know who I'm cheering for though!

ooOOoOOOoOoOOooOooo

CoreGoon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow this game died out in the open.

Everything is happening in the shadows ooooooooooooh.

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oooOOOoooOOOOooOOOO

Whitewolf, I'll refer you to what happened to me yesterday
    for why everyone is quiet...

ooOOOooOOOooOOOOooO

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I will vote for the Great Malkor.

I heard he sells bottles of glue to teenagers.

Alegis on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That makes my job easier.

Alegis

Mostly because someone told me he has more in common with the beasts in the field than us fine men of culture.

True? Only one way to find out!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !The_reflection

I love voting for you.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well.

Lovely.

Malkor on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    thelaw

Back at ya

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I personally don't want to die... soooo

!Zandracon

Temporary truce, reflection?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alegis-kun~

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Alegis nothing to say. Let's just get it over with, eh?

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Zandracon

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Vote Closed.

Calculating whether game has ended.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Game is over. Ixbilt is victorious! Narration to follow.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    awwwwwww

Malkor on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yesssssssssssssssssss

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BALLLLLLS

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yesssssssssssssssssss

you?

ix?

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The Final Revolution

Alegis, the Chief Mechanist from Ixbilt, is seized in the streets by rivals from both Marana and Ereyan. It does nothing to halt the advances of the rest of their team, however, and both Malkor and Zandracon are taken out in retaliation from the Ixbilites, ending all hope of claiming the territory by the Kingdom of Marana.

However, both Ixbilt and Ereyan are then locked in a bitter struggle to the end, and no one seems to have the upper hand; finally, in a flash of heroism, the party from Ixbilt sends the last of the Ereyans packing at gunpoint. The_Reflection and The Cow King, the only survivors of the long, long conflict look around at their surroundings and cheer. They are tired, dazed, and barely alive, but they have won.

But what was gained here, compared to what had been lost? The ground was red with blood, and tensions between the great powers grew even greater after they received reports of what had transpired. The rumblings of war were heard, distant but inevitable, on the horizon.

In time, the town of Velraub became a shipping haven for Ixbilt, and they used it to secure advantageous shipping routes for trade and for future conflicts. What was once a small port and a haven for piracy and petty brutality became an efficient, streamlined port of call for a major world power. Velraub again grew prosperous, though the bitter war fought over it lived on in the hearts of the townsfolk.

Vote Results:

Alegis won the primary vote, and placed second in Natural and Magical.
    Zandracon placed second, and won the Natural and Magical votes.
    Malkor won the Technological vote.
    TheLawinator placed second in the Technological vote.

Dead:

Malkor : Marana Seductress
    Zandracon: Marana Chief

Alegis : Ixbilt Chief Mechanist

Wounded:

TheLawinator

The party from Marana has been destroyed!
    The party from Ixbilt achieved the upper hand, and drove off the remaining Ereyans!

The party from Ixbilt, the Philosopher's Guild, and the Great Beast were victorious.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bow to your Robotic Masters!

Edit - Also Quick apologies to both Ronrab and Vwinds for leading them both on :(

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So, uhm, how did everyone like the game? Questions? Comments?

I'll be sharing the roles in a bit, once I've recovered somewhat.

In addition, it would be helpful if you left comments on your role, its usefulness on a scale from 1 to 5, and how balanced you thought your role was.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I liked the idea that my role could work on it's own, but If I worked in conjunction with Alegis then our powers were even better.

Also to all you people who constantly blocked Cowking, you are horrible horrible people, his power was awesome and we hardly got to use it at all!

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SCIENCE is always victorious!

edit: What happened on day 2? Did I get roleblocked or were there enough other random tech votes out there to take it off malkor?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Faction Messages:
    Marana
    Faction: Marana, Kingdom of Beasts.

You are a loyal subject of the Kingdom of Marana, sent to this town in an effort to convince the inhabitants that they, too, should be part of your kingdom. The party appointed by the King for this task includes simulacrum, NotoriousBEN, Zandracon, Malkor, and The Anonymous.

In order for you to claim this town in the name of the King, you must destroy the party from Ixbilt, the party from Ereyan, the Velraub Pirates, and the Beast Slayers.

Each of your votes adds an additional secondary vote of the Natural type. The winner of each type of secondary vote each night will also be killed.

Please send me a link to any proboards you create.

Ixbilt
    Faction: Ixbilt, the Machine Empire.

You are an obedient servant of Ixbilt, the Machine Empire, sent to this town in order to demonstrate Ixbilt's technical superiority and logical benevolence. This perfectly-organized team includes Delphinidaes, The Cow King, Phyphor, Alegis, and The_Reflection.

In order for you to annex this strategically-important town, you must destroy the party from Marana, the party from Ereyan, the Velraub Pirates, and the Thicket Druids.

Each of your votes adds an additional secondary vote of the Technological type. The winner of each type of secondary vote each night will also be killed.

Ereyan
    Faction: Ereyan, Arcane Republic.

You are a loyal citizen of the noble Republic of Ereyan, sent to this town in an effort to convince the inhabitants that they, too, should join your Republic. The democratically-selected party from Ereyan includes WhiteWolf, The Lawinator, Toxic Toys, Eipnoom, and Ringo.

In order for you to incorporate this town into the Republic, you must destroy the party from Marana, the party from Ixbilt, the Velraub Pirates, and the Witch Hunters.

Each of your votes adds an additional secondary vote of the Magical type. The winner of each type of secondary vote each night will also be killed.

Pirates
    Side Faction: The Velraub Pirates.

You are a scurvy, swashbuckling, piratical sort. Life in this town was easy: sail off, loot and plunder to your heart's content, and return to spend your ill-gotten loot on wine, women, and good food. Unfortunately, it looks like this town became interesting to a lot of larger political powers, and the easy times are over if that happens. The pirates' interests are represented by Alazull, kime, and simonwolf, who have the three most prominent vessels in town.

In order to end the threat of law, you must destroy the party from Marana, the party from Ixbilt, and the party from Ereyan.

As a faction, you have a unique voting power. If two or more Pirates vote for the same target, that target takes a Wound. If only one Pirate is alive, the target of that Pirate's vote takes a Wound.

Philosophers
    Side Faction: The Philosopher's Guild.

You are a Philosopher, a seeker of answers to the mysteries surrounding you, and a student of the world. In light of your shared interests, you've joined a Guild of like-minded individuals, who together seek to expand knowledge of the world and its geography, technologies, secrets, and inhabitants. The Guild-members in town are REG Rysk, samurai6966, and Keika.

Luckily, there's a great convention of all sorts of different people and cultures in town! Unluckily, there are also parties in town who want to disrupt this marvelous coming-together. In order to calm the town's xenophobia, you must prevent the Beast Slayers, Thicket Druids, and Witch Hunters from accomplishing their objectives. Eliminate them before they can eliminate others!

As a faction, you have a unique voting power. If two or more Philosophers vote for the same target, that target's win conditions are revealed to the group. If only one Philosopher is alive, the target of that Philosopher's vote has their win condition revealed to the Philosopher.

Beast Slayers
    Anti-Faction: The Beast Slayers.

You are a slayer of beasts, seasoned veteran of many, many hunts, and you have the trophies to prove it. While visiting a small town, you notice that there are beast-people and a Great Beast about. Well! There's no better target for your exceptional skills than these beasts. ronrab and lonelyahava, both skilled hunters, join forces in order to track and slay these savage creatures.

You accomplish your hunt when the party from Marana and the Great Beast have been eliminated; the Philosopher's Guild opposes you, but does not need to be eliminated. The Great Beast is a tricky target indeed, and will likely take all the strength you can muster to defeat.

Thicket Druids
    Anti-Faction: The Thicket Druids.

You are a lover of the earth and of nature. While living near a small town, you smelled something amiss: machines! And not just a few machines, either. The villagers gossip among themselves, and you learn that these machines intend to stay here, despoiling the natural beauty of the area! This you cannot stand. Minor Second and FrostMist, fellow druids, band together to drive out this threat.

You will deliver vengeance to the party from Ixbilt, and dismantle The Observer, a machine of ancient make and model. The Philosopher's Guild opposes you, but does not need to be eliminated, merely circumvented. The Observer is a wary target, and will take all of nature's power to destroy.

Witch Hunters
    Anti-Faction: The Witch Hunters.

Fire and steel, the book and hymn. These are your weapons against the treacherous and the unfaithful, the mages and the charlatans, the unclean and the undead. CoreGoon and Arivia, both on a mission from Villsk, happen upon a small town which the mages are trying to claim as their own. In addition, a great Vampire Lord is said to have a castle nearby. This cannot be allowed.

Vanquish the dark forces of the party from Ereyan and the Vampire Lord. The Philosopher's Guild opposes your holy work, but they are not evil, merely misguided, and you do not need to eliminate them. The Vampire Lord, however... You must have faith. You cannot fail.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There were enough random tech votes to take it off Malkor.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Edit: Ignore me when I don't read everything closely cause its 1 am

Here is the ereyan proboards unlocked and everything

http://ereyan.proboards.com

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Main Faction Roles
    [Marana Chief]
    You are the chief of the Maranan party, and have the most sway. You are a proud and majestic Stag-person, resplendent and noble.

Your power is Natural Authority, which makes your vote add three secondary votes of the Natural type instead of one.

[Marana Hunter]
    You are one of the Marana's best hunters, and you are fast and sharp-toothed. You are a fierce and unswerving Wolf-person, and an expert at crippling your foes.

Your power is Hamstring. Your target becomes Wounded if they are not already wounded. This counts as a Natural Attack, but does not kill the Wounded. In addition, the wound is aggravated, and your target will not naturally recover from this wound.

[Marana Scout]
    You are one of the Marana's best scouts: fast, quiet, and sharp of ear and nose. You are a cute and silent Rabbit-person.

Your power is Heightened Senses. Each night, you learn about your target's powers and innate qualities, and you overhear who they target.

[Marana Stalwart]
    You are the most steadfast of the Marana's defenders, a strong and resilient Bison-person.

You are Tough, nullifying the first wound you take or reducing the first kill you take to a wound.

Your power is Selfless Guard, which allows you to take any attacks or effects in the place of your target.

[Marana Seductress]
    You're one of the best dancers among the Marana, and one of their most persuasive... speakers. Your scintillating shape-shifting tantalizes the viewer; you generally try and pander to their perceived desires. You're very, very good at what you do.

Your power is Distraction. Each night, your target is too distracted by your... dancing to focus on anything else, and fails to use their power.

[Ixbilt Chief Mechanist]
    You have studied long and hard, and through the application of the sciences you have crafted a very finely-detailed Telescope. All for the glory of Ixbilt!

Your power is Master Telescope: By focusing on your target, you gain knowledge of their powers and innate qualities. If your Assistant is assisting you with the same target, you also gain knowledge of their win conditions.
    [Ixbilt Assistant Mechanist]
    You are one of many Assistants to the Chief Mechanist, but you are the brightest of them, and were therefore selected to accompany him to Velraub. You even have your own telescope, albeit not a telescope as fine as the Chief's. You are a little less enthusiastic about this backwater, but there's work to be done here.

Your power is Assistant Telescope: By focusing on your target, you learn who they targeted. In addition, if you are helping the Chief Mechanist with the same target, you also learn the names of everyone who targeted your target.
    [Ixbilt Strategist]
    You are the foremost tactical strategist in the Empire of Ixbilt! Well, third-best, at any rate, and the best they could spare. Your influence and cool mind allow you to focus your team's efforts even more intensely.

Your power is High Strategy: Your vote adds an additional three secondary votes of the Technological type, instead of one.

[Ixbilt Engineer]
    You're a skilled Engineering robot, one of the brightest young artificial minds in Ixbilt. Young, and slightly inexperienced. You lack several important subroutines, in fact. It's okay, though – your team will back you up!

Your power is Protective Cage: Your target's power is nullified, but they count as Very Tough for the night, so they won't take much damage.

[Ixbilt Replicator]
    You're a robot with a unique talent: observing and imitating the powers of others. You were deemed useful for this mission, and you're not going to argue: it's an incredible learning opportunity!

Your power is Duplication: Choose a target, a second target and a third target. Your first target's power is Duplicated, and targets your second target (and your third target, if the power itself has a second target). If it is an innate power, you gain it for the night.

[Ereyan Magician]
    You are a skilled conjurer, a master of dazzling feats of magic. Your specialty, however, is demolitions, which you accomplish with style and panache. They always said you had talent.

Your power is Magical Blast: Your vote adds an additional three secondary votes of the Magical type, instead of one.
    [Ereyan Trickster]
    You're a trickster, by trade and by habit. You love to misdirect and embarrass your political rivals, and now that things have turned serious, you've found a real outlet for your powers.

Your power is Misdirection: Choose a target and a second target. Your first target targets your second target instead of their original choice. They know they've been misdirected after the fact.

[Ereyan Illusionist]
    You are an illusionist, master of the art of images and flowing appearances. You came to Velraub hoping to entertain and to encourage, but things have gotten rougher since then, and your skills are required in earnest.

Your power is Illusion: Choose two targets. Any power that would target one of them affects the other instead.

[Ereyan Oracle]
    Since you were a child, you've been able to see right through people, despite their best efforts. For whatever reason, disguises and subtlety don't work on you – you always know what's really going on.

Your power is True Sight: Each night, you learn your target's powers, innate qualities, and win conditions.
    [Ereyan Doppelganger]
    You have a talent for imitations. Add a bit of magical mastery, and you can be anyone, anywhere. This has been handy in the past: you've been hired as a body double, a replacement, and a comedy act. In times like these, being someone else can really come in handy.

Your power is Imitation: You share any effects that your target takes, but any power targeting you simply misses. You cannot, however, evade the vote.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Minor Faction Roles

Of particular interest are the superpowers at the end.
    [Beast Slayer Werthington]
    You're a crack marksman, that's for sure. Probably one of the best in the world. You've been tuning your senses for years, practicing that perfect shot, the art of the quick reload, the subtle art of finding a target's vulnerable points.

Your power is Rifle and Scope: This counts as a Technological Attack. In addition, you learn your target's innate qualities, and their target for the night.

[Beast Slayer Atreya]
    Your parents were sad that you were born female; they thought they needed a strong male hunter to provide for them, in their tough environment. You've learned to supplement force with stealth and with cruelty in order to get what you need out of the world, and it's served you well. You've accumulated countless hunting trophies, and you seek out still more, in order to prove yourself and hone your skills.

You are Stealthy, and your actions and powers cannot be traced by any means.

Your power is Stalking Knives: By sneaking in close to a target, you can learn what their powers and qualities are. If the target is already wounded, you can also dash in close for a quick finishing blow, killing them.
    [Sunflower, Summer Druid]
    You find the lessons of nature all around you, in the smell of the flowers and in the taste of ripe fruit. Summer is your favorite season: all of nature is expanded, glorious, in full bloom! You can channel these summery powers to help your companions.

Your power is Summer's Touch: If your target is Wounded, they recover. If a healthy target would be killed tonight, they suffer only a wound.
    [Snowpetal, Winter Druid]
    You find the lessons of nature can be hard, but they are always fair. In winter's desolate beauty and in the biting touch of the frost you find a reflection of yourself: graceful, but cold, fair and without mercy. You can channel nature's less forgiving side in order to work your justice.

Your power is Winter's Bite: This counts as a Magical Attack, and also prevents your target from using their powers tonight.

[Witch Hunter Vash]
    You have trained in the way of the sword all your life, aiming for the perfection found only in heaven. When the time came, you found you had a calling: to use your honest blade to rid the world of liars, thieves, and frauds. You know the way an honest person faces death, the way the dishonest cringe, and all the shades between.

Your power is The Flashing Blade: This counts as a Natural Attack. In addition, you learn your target's win conditions.
    [Witch Hunter Raleigh]
    With faith and with prayer, the sinful are driven out and the faithful are encouraged. You aspired to the priesthood since you were a child, and now that you've arrived you're filled with fervor. Your spirit leads you to bolster the faithful and condemn the wicked.

Your power is The Faithful Word: This power works only on the wounded. If you are not included in your target's win condition, they recover from their wounds. If you are, they are struck down by your words and the spirit abandons them.

[Captain Roberts, Scourge of the Fanged Isles]
    You are the feared and respected Captain Roberts, a barrel-chested old pirate with more salt than a barrel of jerky. Tales of your exploits abound, particularly if you are drunk enough, and few can get away from these tales. Your boasting is the stuff of legend, but you're actually pretty strong despite these exaggerations.

You are Tough, and negate the first wound you take, or reduce the first kill you take to a wound. Your vote adds one additional secondary vote of the Natural type.

Your power is Boasting: By posting about your prowess at drinking, fighting, and wenching in large bold text in the thread, you can negate a wound, regain Toughness, or become Very Tough if you're already Tough. You may Boast as much as you like, but it only takes effect once per night.
    [The Dread Pirate Lancaster]
    Ever since you were a child, you've gotten your way. Particularly because anyone who disagreed with you encountered... accidents. Terrible accidents. You don't even know how some of them happened. Still, you've perfected the art of terror and intimidation, with your pale, staring eyes and your haggard face, the thin smile spread exactly over your lips... they can only whisper your name, years later.

Your power is Terrify: Your target becomes so utterly terrified of you that they cannot ever speak your name again. Your target learns your identity, but cannot type your username in any context, even to vote for you or use a power against you. They cannot discuss you, or your power, in any way, and they cannot mention it or bring it up, nor discuss it if it is brought up: they may only reply “I can't talk about that.” In addition, they're so terrified that they cannot use their power that night. It's probably the smile that does it.

[Scurvy Jones the Vengeful]
    You're not the brightest of the pirates, nor the strongest – you're even a bit scrofulous, come to think of it. But you do have one advantage that's kept you alive over the years – a quick draw and a perfect intuition. You always know when you're about to get it, and who to shoot. Still, your countless scars attest to your mediocre dodging skills.

Your power is Twitchy Fingers – Anyone targeting you with an Attack immediately takes a Technological Attack from your trusty pistol in retribution.
    [Ardor, the Hearty Philosopher]
    You've always been fascinated by geography and natural terrain – there isn't a mountain around that you haven't climbed, nor a forest you haven't mapped out. You are fascinated by the creatures that inhabit the world, as well, and you've devoted countless hours to their study. You know all of the natural hazards of an area, and how to survive in the wild for months at a time; Nature holds no harm for you, as you know the ways of the wild and your place within it.

You are Immune to Natural Kills and Attacks. Your vote adds an additional secondary vote of the Natural type, as well.

Your power is Natural Observation: You learn who your target targeted last night, and who targeted your target last night.

[Sleight, the Tinkering Philosopher]
    You've fiddled with gadgets your entire life, always looking for the next neat innovation and sparkling marvel of design. You know how guns work, how clocks work, and you may yet discover advanced steam power. Machines are simple, intuitive matters for you, and you know how to avoid harm from them.

You are Immune to Technological Kills and Attacks. Your vote adds an additional secondary vote of the Technological type, as well.

Your power is Design and Construction: You can look at your target and figure out how they work, deducing their powers and innate qualities.

[Verbose, the Scholarly Philosopher]
    You love maps, history, and secrets. You've been a fan of conspiracies, of secret and literary knowledge, of the effect of fine poetry on the human heart. You understand the workings of magic, of illusions, of simple transformations, and no subtleties escape your fine perception. Magic cannot hurt you, no; you are beyond those tricks and traps entirely.

You are Immune to Magical Kills and Attacks. Your vote adds an additional secondary vote of the Magical type, as well.

Your power is Hush and Halt: Your target's actions are rendered null by your skillful manipulations of the aether; their powers have no effect tonight.

[Great Beast]
    What is... what is that smell? It smells familiar, and wrong. You are the Great Beast, a concentration of the power of Nature itself. Your body is large, and brown-furred, but shifts and adjusts constantly with the seasons and to suit your needs. It has been ages since your power was needed, but you have awoken once again to defend the land from certain unnatural forces. In addition, some foolish little humans think hunting you down is possible. They'll be delicious.

You must rend the Vampire Lord and The Observer with your fangs; while you're at it, the Beast Slayers smell delicious.

You are Incredibly Tough, which means the first kill and Wound or first three Wounds that you take are nullified. Your vote adds two secondary votes of the Natural type, as well.

Your power is the Force of Nature. It counts as a Natural Attack, and in addition, you gain your target's power as a secondary power. All of your secondary powers affect your target, if they are negative, and you, if they are positive. You continue to evolve and mimic the forms of those you savage; horns grow and vanish, feathers and scales wax and wane, and your limbs fluctuate in style and function. If you have more than three powers, the newest acquisition replaces the oldest.

[Vampire Lord]
    You are the centuries-old Vampire Lord Aeventine. Your long slumber has continued for almost a decade now, but it has been interrupted by the clamor of rumor and activity in the small town near your modest castle. It appears forces are gathering; many forces. Some of your oldest foes have even shown up, as well as a few newcomers arrogant enough to think they can oust you from your roost. Fools. It's time to show them your fangs again.

You can rest once more when the Great Beast, the Observer, and the Witch Hunters have all been vanquished.

You are Very Tough, which means the first kill or first two Wounds that you take are nullified. You also have an Unnatural Aura about you, which veils your every action in shadow: this prevents anyone from learning any information about you through power use. Your vote adds two secondary votes of the Magical type, as well.

Your power is Blood Drinking. It counts as a Magical Attack, and in addition, you gain your target's power as a secondary power by draining their life-force and adapting it to your use. You may use up to two secondary powers each night, and must choose a different target for all of your powers.

[The Observer]
    TESTING. BOOTING... SYSTEMS ONLINE AND OPERATIONAL. BEGIN UPLOAD.

You are the Observer, a relic of technology from an ancient civilization. You have awakened in response to several phenomena that have pinged your long-dormant sensors. The village is abuzz with activity. The Others are awakening again, in response. You will subdue them again. In addition, a pair of naturalists seek to end your operation for good. That cannot be allowed.

You will operate until the Great Beast, the Vampire Lord, and the Thicket Druids have been pacified.

You are Very Tough, which means the first kill or two wounds that you take are nullified. You are also a Perfect Observer: you learn the name of all who target you each night, and if you are hit by a power, how to use that power. Any power used on you is gained as a secondary power. You may use up to two secondary powers each night, on any targets you wish, in addition to your main power. Your vote adds two secondary votes of the Technological type, also.

Your main power is a Laser Cannon, charged from a solar battery. You may make a Technological Attack each night. If you save your energy by not firing one night, on the following night your Attack counts as a kill instead.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    awesome first game. thanks judge. You guys crack me up.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you all for playing!

This was an intensely educational experience, and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. If you didn't, please leave comments about how future games I run can be better.

The balancing was slightly off; I think the pairs were underpowered. In addition, there were not enough attackers, as the majority of the attackers died in the first three nights.

Quick motivation chart:
    Faction A opposed Factions B and C, Anti-Faction A, and the Pirates.
    Anti-Faction A opposed Faction A and Solo Unit A.
    The Pirates opposed Factions A, B, and C.
    The Philosophers wanted to keep Anti-Factions from leaving victorious.
    Solo Unit A opposed Solo Unit B and C, and Anti-Faction A.

Pirates were too hard, Anti-Factions were too hard, Philosophers were too easy. Factions and Solo Units were pretty balanced, for the most part.

vagrant_winds had pretty much the best Day One (and Day Two) possible.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh it wasn't too easy, but I day 1 targeted Alegis, which lead to collusion and then linking us with vwinds. By day 5, he has a list of every remaining player and their faction, from there it was easy to manipulate CoreGoon and Ereyan to doing what we wanted, and left Ixbilt in position to win easily.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Interesting game to spectate. Do you intend to do another Phalla eventually, using this theme?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Interesting game to spectate. Do you intend to do another Phalla eventually, using this theme?

I do, actually, but not for a fairly long while. It'll be more balanced and have more clearly-defined rules next time, if I've learned anything here.

Lucedes on