As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So I got rubbed last night.

• Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This one time when I was about 8 this kid who lived in the same apartment building as I did stole my copy of Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers for the NES. That game was awesome and some friends and I went to his apartment and demanded it back after we discovered he'd stolen it and we got it back but then later he stole this handheld game of mine, I forget what it was it just played like two different Tetris-esque puzzle games, and I never got that back. He once rode his bicycle past me singing the tune that played when you did the puzzles. What a jerk.

Octopus Melody on
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    At school someone stole my german Vocabulary book once. So i got into his room and took his clothes and also his matress and hid it out in the dunes.

I also got the book back. Still not as funny as parents selling your console twice though.

Canada_jezus on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cowardly wrote: »
    My friend bought himself a PS3, and after a couple of weeks it dissapeared. Turns out his Mum just went and gave it to his cousins. No idea why.

However, that did not affect me so lets segue into something that did

My buddy didn't know if he'd get his Ps3 back (he assumed that his cousins would be understanding or nice. They were neither) so to fill his time, he bought a 360 and kept it at his Dads house (I should mention his parents are divorced). After buying a 360 and Ps3, he didn't have much money so he didn't have many games at all. I sympathized and leant him some of mine.

He comes home one day to find his beloved console once again taken, this time his dad had sold it (and all of his and my games). His father had attempted to be noble, though, declaring he had "sold that piece of junk and look at all this money buy yourself something nice why are you looking at me like that".

He'd gotten less than half the value of the xbox, and given the games for pittence. My friend was pissed. I was very dissapointed in his family as a whole.

Man, I lent my copy of GTA3 to one of my brother's friends once, and it turned out it was to lend it to her sister. She ended up doing poorly in school so the parents took her PS2 away, and when I tried to get it back since she wouldn't be using it they accused me of just trying to get it back for her (even though they knew they didn't buy it) (and seriously how would she play it). They ended up just throwing it away. So mad. Loved that game.

Henroid on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    My friend bought himself a PS3, and after a couple of weeks it dissapeared. Turns out his Mum just went and gave it to his cousins. No idea why.

My buddy didn't know if he'd get his Ps3 back (he assumed that his cousins would be understanding or nice. They were neither) so to fill his time, he bought a 360 and kept it at his Dads house (I should mention his parents are divorced). After buying a 360 and Ps3, he didn't have much money so he didn't have many games at all. I sympathized and leant him some of mine.

He comes home one day to find his beloved console once again taken, this time his dad had sold it (and all of his and my games). His father had attempted to be noble, though, declaring he had "sold that piece of junk and look at all this money buy yourself something nice why are you looking at me like that".

He'd gotten less than half the value of the xbox, and given the games for pittence. My friend was pissed. I was very dissapointed in his family as a whole.

Man, I lent my copy of GTA3 to one of my brother's friends once, and it turned out it was to lend it to her sister. She ended up doing poorly in school so the parents took her PS2 away, and when I tried to get it back since she wouldn't be using it they accused me of just trying to get it back for her (even though they knew they didn't buy it) (and seriously how would she play it). They ended up just throwing it away. So mad. Loved that game.

I still don't understand how this shit would even work.

Wouldn't at worst cast you would get your parents to talk to their parents?

I mean in the first example I would say that's great, you go take that money and buy me my damn games.

Blake T on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!

Jesus I mean

What the fuck?

Gatsby on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When I was a kid, I was the only one around with a USS Flagg. So when I was home, there were usually a handful of scraggly little bastards wanting to play with it. These fucks weren't even my friends, they just loved me for my giant aircraft carrier.

One day, I was pretty sick and my Dad told them I didn't need anyone around, and they should come back some other day. These little geniuses figured that a sick kid didn't need all that awesome, so they opened the back door and just went behind the kitchen to the sunporch where I had all my loot. They had apparently planned out a convoluted scheme to snatch all my gi joes and hide them in a rickety clubhouse. What they didn't count on was Bear, our Husky-Malamute.

He did not take kindly to intruders. Nor did my father upon hearing the shrill cries of a neighborhood urchin being pinned to the ground by Bear.

I just stayed in bed.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bear sounds like a good dog

The Black Hunter on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Not me personally, but Stale just reminded me of something that involved both my older brother and sister.

When they were kids, waaay before I came around, my brother would be his usual dick self and pull dirty tricks on my sister. Now even then she was a bit of a tomboy, playing with GI Joe instead of dolls. At that time my brother had almost the whole lot including the USS Flagg. Then one day he told my sister that if she paid him enough he'd give her all of them or whatever she could afford.

So my sister, ever so hopeful, did all his chores, worked at my grandparents' shop and earned as much pocket money as possible. When she could do no more she gave him the money and got the USS Flagg, Snake Eyes and several other of his GI Joes. Then the enxt day he took them all back away from her and didn't even return the money. She never got it back and she learned to never trust my brother ever again.

He's still as much of a douche to this day.

Gatsby on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my roommate's girlfriend got all her laundry stolen out of the dryer the other day

who the fuck steals laundry?

there has been a rash of laundry thefts in my building. its weird as hell

This happens in dormitories and nursing homes and in laundromats

so really I guess your answer is "a lot of people steal laundry."

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why type of parents take something you buy with your own money and do that?

Ugh.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How bout stop being a lazy shit and fucking sit around your laundry, like anyone has important shit to do.

Or hire me to stand around your laundry wielding a hefty knife with my hair greased back, for an additional 5$ I will say "Beat it Kid" at all passersby.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How bout stop being a lazy shit and fucking sit around your laundry, like anyone has important shit to do.

Or hire me to stand around your laundry wielding a hefty knife with my hair greased back, for an additional 5$ I will say "Beat it Kid" at all passersby.

These prices can't stay this low for this long

act now

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Not me personally, but Stale just reminded me of something that involved both my older brother and sister.

When they were kids, waaay before I came around, my brother would be his usual dick self and pull dirty tricks on my sister. Now even then she was a bit of a tomboy, playing with GI Joe instead of dolls. At that time my brother had almost the whole lot including the USS Flagg. Then one day he told my sister that if she paid him enough he'd give her all of them or whatever she could afford.

So my sister, ever so hopeful, did all his chores, worked at my grandparents' shop and earned as much pocket money as possible. When she could do no more she gave him the money and got the USS Flagg, Snake Eyes and several other of his GI Joes. Then the enxt day he took them all back away from her and didn't even return the money. She never got it back and she learned to never trust my brother ever again.

He's still as much of a douche to this day.

And your parents were cool with this? Because my mom would have whooped my ass if I did this to my younger sister.

VisionOfClarity on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    When I was a kid, I was the only one around with a USS Flagg. So when I was home, there were usually a handful of scraggly little bastards wanting to play with it. These fucks weren't even my friends, they just loved me for my giant aircraft carrier.

One day, I was pretty sick and my Dad told them I didn't need anyone around, and they should come back some other day. These little geniuses figured that a sick kid didn't need all that awesome, so they opened the back door and just went behind the kitchen to the sunporch where I had all my loot. They had apparently planned out a convoluted scheme to snatch all my gi joes and hide them in a rickety clubhouse. What they didn't count on was Bear, our Husky-Malamute.

He did not take kindly to intruders. Nor did my father upon hearing the shrill cries of a neighborhood urchin being pinned to the ground by Bear.

I just stayed in bed.

I enjoyed this story twice as much by imagining that your family just had a protective pet bear.

KalTorak on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man some of these recent stories are completely alien to me

Anyone who confiscated one of my toys/games, accidentally or not, would've been eaten alive by my dad

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    man, my parents were so respectful of my shit that I had a truckload of crap they gave me when they moved out of the house I didn't want

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Man some of these recent stories are completely alien to me

Anyone who confiscated one of my toys/games, accidentally or not, would've been eaten alive by my dad

Yeah pretty much this.

Usagi on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was way too possessive/materialistic to ever trade toys/cards/anything with other people

it was mine

they didn't deserve it

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    man, my parents were so respectful of my shit that I had a truckload of crap they gave me when they moved out of the house I didn't want

Yeah, my parents still have a ton of my stuff moldering in their basement. Every time I visit Mom makes me go through a carton and chuck the stuff I don't want anymore.

And she'd always threaten to sell the Nintendo when my brother and I would misbehave, but eventually we figured out it was an empty promise because she played more Tetris than either of us.

Usagi on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was way too possessive/materialistic to ever trade toys/cards/anything with other people

it was mine

they didn't deserve it

I still won't trade shit, and I won't loan anything out either.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've learned the hard way to be very cautious about what I loan out and to whom I loan it to

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

Yeah, my parents still have a ton of my stuff moldering in their basement. Every time I visit Mom makes me go through a carton and chuck the stuff I don't want anymore.

And she'd always threaten to sell the Nintendo when my brother and I would misbehave, but eventually we figured out it was an empty promise because she played more Tetris than either of us.

Haha, I've recieved threats like that before

And then much later, my mum threw out my NES by mistake :(

Saddest. Day.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was thinking of some shit the other day.

Getting a firearm for target shooting, and maybe a concealed weapons permit for carrying in public places for protection.

Man, sometimes I think perhaps a big scary baton or a knife or pepper spray might be a better idea.

I mean, I could live with beating the shit out of somebody or horribly wounding them should they attempt to steal from me, or rob me with the threat of violence. Though, I'd feel terrible if I shot somebody over 20 stupid bucks.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was complicit as a child when we got rid of our nes, we gave it to charity I think. I always regret that I did. Although the games probably wouldn't even work now. I was blowing pretty hard on them even then.

Langly on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We sold our NES and games to help finance the purchase of an SNES.

Ruckus on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm so fucking paranoid about my laptop. What really sucks is that the battery is completely shot, so if I need to pack up to take a piss or something (I'm not leaving my laptop unattended in a cafe, I don't care how close the restroom is), I have to shut the whole thing down.

In my imaginary scenarios about getting mugged, there is a direct correlation between how recent my last backup was and my willingness to haggle with the mugger over the hard drive/get shot for fighting back.

Edit:
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    These people are trying to make arc reactors.

That explains why some asshole broke into my cave and stole my SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS.

Optimus Christ, you almost got me busted at work. I've never had to work so hard to choke back a laugh.

Delzhand on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's probably for the best that you're paranoid. So many friends with stolen lappies.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • CowardlyCowardly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As I was getting off the bus today, some teenage guy gave me my phone, informing me that I had dropped it and not noticed.

I was literally in awe for several minutes, and shook the guys hand. My faith in humanity is restored a little.

Cowardly on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I borrowed an Aqua CD once and kept it til she moved away.

Sara Lynn on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As I was getting off the bus today, some teenage guy gave me my phone, informing me that I had dropped it and not noticed.

I was literally in awe for several minutes, and shook the guys hand. My faith in humanity is restored a little.

I've only lost my wallet once, but when I got it out of the lost and found the next day it had $5 still in it. I would've very willingly given someone that or more but they didn't leave a name behind. People don't always suck.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I borrowed an Aqua CD once and kept it til she moved away.

Uh, who exactly do you think was the loser in that situation?

Ruckus on
    edited April 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »

Getting a firearm for target shooting, and maybe a concealed weapons permit for carrying in public places for protection.

Man, sometimes I think perhaps a big scary baton or a knife or pepper spray might be a better idea.

I mean, I could live with beating the shit out of somebody or horribly wounding them should they attempt to steal from me, or rob me with the threat of violence. Though, I'd feel terrible if I shot somebody over 20 stupid bucks.

but think of all the malt liquor that 20 bucks could buy

clearly you needed to cap that dude

that bitch needed to be smoked

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Stick with the prod

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited April 2010
    make a silent takedown

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited April 2010
    and seriously anjin you gonna be a little bitch and carry pepper spray

gonna carry it in your purse

or better yet

your uterus?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Maybe I'm carrying around one of those big ol' canisters that look like those paint spray guns! Instead of paint, it's violence!

Calamity Jane on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Stick with the PROD

PROD with the PROD

Just in case though, we're police

Delzhand on
    edited April 2010
    NO, SAVAGE

Calamity Jane on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Found a credit card on the ground yesterday. When I got in touch with the cardholder it turned out she was a homebound old lady and had no idea what her card was doing in the driveway of Starbucks.

Got it mailed back to her. I really hope someone else didn't max it out on coffee and scones and make me look like the stupidest fraudster ever.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Maybe I'm carrying around one of those big ol' canisters that look like those paint spray guns! Instead of paint, it's violence!

pfft whatever queer

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg